Valentine's Day is just around the corner!

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
OK, all of you romantic types here on the board. Valentine's Day is just right around the corner. Got any big plans for your "Valentine" that will stop the clocks on romance? I've been reading through the Big Black Dog Manual of Applied Romance and have got the whole evening all planned out. I just need to find someone who will come to my place and play the violin while I serve my sweetie some pizza pulled out of the oven. Yes, I'm cooking that night. The menu will include one of those frozen pizzas from the grocery store and a bottle of cheap wine. Later in the evening, when Mrs. BBD thinks that the day has been a total loss, I shall give her the nice diamond necklace I bought just for the special day. What are your plans for Valentine's Day???? Anything that you can share that won't shock us emotional sensitive types?

OK, all of you romantic types here on the board. Valentine's Day is just right around the corner. Got any big plans for your "Valentine" that will stop the clocks on romance? I've been reading through the Big Black Dog Manual of Applied Romance and have got the whole evening all planned out. I just need to find someone who will come to my place and play the violin while I serve my sweetie some pizza pulled out of the oven. Yes, I'm cooking that night. The menu will include one of those frozen pizzas from the grocery store and a bottle of cheap wine. Later in the evening, when Mrs. BBD thinks that the day has been a total loss, I shall give her the nice diamond necklace I bought just for the special day. What are your plans for Valentine's Day???? Anything that you can share that won't shock us emotional sensitive types?

Mrs. BBD is a lucky gal. ;)

Maybe go to your Wal-Mart and find a CD of classical strings music to play during your candlelight dinner? That way, when the Mrs. tries to take advantage of you, you don't have to worry about shooing people out, making sure you tipped them, etc.

Mrs. BBD is a lucky gal. ;)

Maybe go to your Wal-Mart and find a CD of classical strings music to play during your candlelight dinner? That way, when the Mrs. tries to take advantage of you, you don't have to worry about shooing people out, making sure you tipped them, etc.

Get lucky on Valentine's Day??? I don't know. It isn't my birthday or Christmas. Are you sure there may be a chance??????
:lol:

I'm getting my wife a new red, heart shaped pot scubber, a diet book and some socks so she won't have to be barefoot AND pregnant. After that I'll bring my 25 year old mistress over for some real fun.

I'm getting my wife a new red, heart shaped pot scubber, a diet book and some socks so she won't have to be barefoot AND pregnant. After that I'll bring my 25 year old mistress over for some real fun.

You like to live dangerously, hmmm?

Nah, but if you believe that's my plan then boy, do I have a deal for you! Exclusive seaside beach resort in Arizona, invest now while there is still time!

the special lady friend and I are going out for sushi (which was our first "official" date after having known each other for 10+ years). I have a half dozen roses ordered (a compromise from a dozen since she thinks spending that kind of money on hallmark holiday flowers is ridiculous; I've donated the remainder of what I would have spent on a dozen to a local food bank organization... she's a cool chick). As a token gift I have a copy of The Motorcycle Diaries which was the movie that we watched the weekend in which we became official (also, there are a lot of scenes in that movie at places she's actually been too in Latin America... cool) and the book itself in spanish (she's bilingual). I have a bottle of my favorite cheap merlot (Beaulieu Vinyards) and a nice, light riesling on hand and various hand-feedable fruits to be dipped in dark chocolate. I'll be whipping out vinyl by Barry White, Al Green, Otis Reddin, Marvin (of course) and some ambient slow jazz.

thats the plan, at least.

hehehehe..

Wow. Lucky you. I'm too stupid to have a girlfriend. I would get the names mixed up and both of them would be pissed off at me.:lol:

the special lady friend and I are going out for sushi (which was our first "official" date after having known each other for 10+ years). I have a half dozen roses ordered (a compromise from a dozen since she thinks spending that kind of money on hallmark holiday flowers is ridiculous; I've donated the remainder of what I would have spent on a dozen to a local food bank organization... she's a cool chick). As a token gift I have a copy of The Motorcycle Diaries which was the movie that we watched the weekend in which we became official (also, there are a lot of scenes in that movie at places she's actually been too in Latin America... cool) and the book itself in spanish (she's bilingual). I have a bottle of my favorite cheap merlot (Beaulieu Vinyards) and a nice, light riesling on hand and various hand-feedable fruits to be dipped in dark chocolate. I'll be whipping out vinyl by Barry White, Al Green, Otis Reddin, Marvin (of course) and some ambient slow jazz.

thats the plan, at least.

hehehehe..

Really good plan but you should spend just a little bit more money and take her to a resturant that actually cooks the raw fish before it's served!:lol:

Other than that, I think you've got all the bases covered. Time to begin working on your acceptance speech.

i've been working on a poem too but.. to be honest.. it almost seems too trite of an effort. Kinda like making a mix tape. I dunno. it's only tuesday. we'll see.

and I LOVE sushi! YUM.

Forum List

Back