VA psychiatrist tells gun owner to off himself

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
This is totally wrong and inappropriate. He needs to be fired at once.

Facebook Comment Aimed at Gun Owner Could Land VA Psychiatrist in Big Trouble

A Veterans Affairs psychiatrist walked back a comment he made on Facebook Tuesday in which he told a gun rights supporter to “off yourself.”

Gregg Gorton’s Facebook page says he is both a professor of psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania and a staff psychiatrist at the Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, where he has worked for 11 years, WCAU-TV reported.

Gorton was responding to another online user who posted a comment in favor of more people owning guns. The original Facebook status was also posted by an apparent gun rights supporter, the Military Times reported.

rNkDcA6-457x620.png

“This is why I always carry my 45. I am all for gun control,” the user commented. “If there is a gun in the room, I want to be in control of it. I do commend you on your efforts and hope you continue trying to take away our rights. Because of you people more and more Americans are buying guns. Thank you. Hopefully you idiots will get more and more attention so that more and more people will buy guns.”

Gorton responded bluntly: “off yourself, please.”

A Veterans Affairs psychiatrist walked back a comment he made on Facebook Tuesday in which he told a gun rights supporter to “off yourself.”

Gregg Gorton’s Facebook page says he is both a professor of psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania and a staff psychiatrist at the Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, where he has worked for 11 years, WCAU-TV reported.

Gorton was responding to another online user who posted a comment in favor of more people owning guns. The original Facebook status was also posted by an apparent gun rights supporter, the Military Times reported.

rNkDcA6-457x620.png

“This is why I always carry my 45. I am all for gun control,” the user commented. “If there is a gun in the room, I want to be in control of it. I do commend you on your efforts and hope you continue trying to take away our rights. Because of you people more and more Americans are buying guns. Thank you. Hopefully you idiots will get more and more attention so that more and more people will buy guns.”

And wait till everyone is forced to see morons like this under government healthcare.......

He didn't say this to some volatile patient. He said it to an anonymous person on the internet who he knows won't take his comment seriously. There is no reason he should be fired.

err maybe he meant to say eff yourself, yeah that's the ticket! :lol:

rNkDcA6-457x620.png

And wait till everyone is forced to see morons like this under government healthcare.......

Only a tard like you could turn this into a political issue.

Off yourself, please.

rNkDcA6-457x620.png

Off yourself, please.

And only a stupid fuck would miss the point.....the V.A. is government run healthcare and this is the least of it's problems...now we will all come under government control of healthcare and it won't be getting better.....moron.

rNkDcA6-457x620.png

Off yourself, please.

And only a stupid fuck would miss the point.....the V.A. is government run healthcare and this is the least of it's problems...now we will all come under government control of healthcare and it won't be getting better.....moron.

I hope your pistol is loaded the next time you perform fellatio on it.

rNkDcA6-457x620.png

this is not shocking. I would have told him "Say bye-bye to your life as you know it"...

rNkDcA6-457x620.png

This ass should have his license pulled.

Yeah...he's toast.
You sure... I mean can we trust your judgement? You are a member of the Ass Clown Squad so... I'm sure many will doubt you.

He SHOULD be fired, and possibly charged with a criminal offense/hate speech.

To me, the guy should not only be fired, but charged. Being fired is way too much of a slap on the wrist when he was encouraging another person to commit suicide.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wow, people, show a little grace. After all, Mr. Gorton did say, "please."

I'm tired of people taking fire on their jobs for non-work related comments or actions. A figure of speech was used in the heat of the moment. Get over it. Much worse happens on the USMB.

Full disclosure: NRA member, gun owner, patriot.

Forum List

Back