Utah is a terroist state

Says the idiot who attributes someone else's words to me as a result of his own functional illiteracy :rolleyes:

You included those words in your post because you endorse them. Furthermore, the quote marks don't necessarily imply that you are the author of the words.

Go back to school, dipstick.

So you believe the economy didn't grow when we were under the gold standard?

Are there any other idiocies you would like to get off your chest?

He no doubt also believes that a gold standard puts us at the mercy of miners. This is akin to a paper dollar standard putting us at the mercy of paper companies.

Why does a gold standard not put us at the mercy of miners?

It is not akin to the paper companies. It costs about $800 to take an ounce of gold out of the ground. It costs about 0.08 cents to create a piece of paper.

Half the population would die from a financial collapse, and thats the only time gold would ever be used as a currency...

Yes, you would be correct if gold was a currency today (to some extent excluding many factors you didn't mention)...

Gold doesn't fluctuate. .

Please tell me what scientific experiment can repeatedly verify the 'value' (in what unit of measurement) of a given quantity of gold of a given purity.

The quantity of gold required to buy a suit in 1900 is about the same as the quantity of gold it takes now.

Really depends on how many people want a suit and how many people make them today vs 1900

I'd bet per capita suits were in more demand in 1900 then they are today. At the same time our living standards today are higher so the guy who could only afford to own one suit in 1900 could own 5 today..

Supply and demand.

You're right tho..

Last edited:
Half the population would die from a financial collapse, and thats the only time gold would ever be used as a currency...

Yes, you would be correct if gold was a currency today (to some extent excluding many factors you didn't mention)...

Not true. There's no need for a financial collapse if it's done correctly. The feds put a guy in prison precisely because he was taking steps to implement a gold standard. He simply made it possible for people to maintain accounts in gold and use them to pay their debts. The feds couldn't have an alternative currency based on gold because it wouldn't be long before everyone ditched the federal reserves bogus fiat money.

Please tell me what scientific experiment can repeatedly verify the 'value' (in what unit of measurement) of a given quantity of gold of a given purity.

The quantity of gold required to buy a suit in 1900 is about the same as the quantity of gold it takes now.
You didn't answer the question.

Also, if the suits are identical and it's 'about' the same, then it fluctuates.

Now answer the question.

You can't, because you're a retard who's putting forward the idea that gold- or anything else- can hold any obsolete, intrinsic, innate 'value' based upon its molecular structure.

Says the idiot who attributes someone else's words to me as a result of his own functional illiteracy :rolleyes:

You included those words in your post because you endorse them.

So now you pretend to e a psychic? Try reading for comprehension instead of trying out your Miss Cleo skills.
Furthermore, the quote marks don't necessarily imply that you are the author of the words.

Indeed. They imply quite the opposite.
Go back to school, dipstick.
:rolleyes:

Take your own advise.

Use quotation marks [ “
cleardot.gif
” ] to set off material that represents quoted or spoken language
(emphasis mine)
Quotation Marks

Now read the sentence again. Can you tell me, based on the context, who the person is who's being quoted?

If you can figure it out, you can go to recess.

So you believe the economy didn't grow when we were under the gold standard?

Are there any other idiocies you would like to get off your chest?

He no doubt also believes that a gold standard puts us at the mercy of miners. This is akin to a paper dollar standard putting us at the mercy of paper companies.

It is not akin to the paper companies. It costs about $800 to take an ounce of gold out of the ground. It costs about 0.08 cents to create a piece of paper.

The cost of each enterprise is totally irrelevant. Miners cannot produce gold at will.
And your supposition about cost is absurd because every mine's cost is different.
Again, Britain never produced an ounce of gold but was on the gold standard for centuries.

Really depends on how many people want a suit and how many people make them today vs 1900

I'm talking about historical facts, not hypotheticals.

I was pointing out supply and demand, the basis of the capitalist economy.

Which is irrelevant.
The fact is that historically an ounce of gold could buy a very good quality man's suit. That was true 300 years ago and it's true today.

We've had financial collapses and half the population did not die. Why it should be different this time is beyond me.

I'm talking about historical facts, not hypotheticals.

Which is irrelevant.
The fact is that historically an ounce of gold could buy a very good quality man's suit. That was true 300 years ago and it's true today.

Supply and demand...

You're both wrong tho...

Gold is being traded in the same way the US labor(dollars) was being traded when the US dollar was high.....

Why the fuck you think dickheads like Saddam had US dollars all over the place?

Yes US dollars were being traded as a commodity and it still is...... Oil is traded in US dollars...

3am and I'm done..

Which is irrelevant.

Supply and demand...

You're both wrong tho...

Gold is being traded in the same way the US labor(dollars) was being traded when the US dollar was high.....

Why the fuck you think dickheads like Saddam had US dollars all over the place?

Yes US dollars were being traded as a commodity and it still is...... Oil is traded in US dollars...

3am and I'm done..

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Because you make no sense whatsoever.

That's an excellent argument to go a a SUIT standard, then.

Of course that would make taylors the new elite controlling the currency, too, wouldn't it?

That's an excellent argument to go a a SUIT standard, then.

Of course that would make taylors the new elite controlling the currency, too, wouldn't it?

The guitar guys?

Utah legislators want to see the dollar regain its former glory, back to the days when one could literally bank on it being "as good as gold."To make that point, they've turned it around, and made gold as good as cash. Utah became the first state in the country this month to legalize gold and silver coins as currency.
The Associated Press: Gold, silver coins to be legal currency in Utah

I can only assume Anne M. Tompkins will push for these legislators' prosecution for this 'unique form of domestic terrorism' and trying to undermine the legitimate currency of this country.

Word to dumb ass racist! What Utah is doing is full legitimate and constitutional! Art. I, Section 10 clause 1, [1] No State shall...coin money...make any Thing, but gold and silver Coin a tender...

Forum List

Back