Utah GOP plans to move toward complying with new election law

and ? do you LIVE THERE?

if NOT. don't move there. If you do, move out...there ya go

Fixed link in the OP since it was linking to the comments section instead of the article. Also moved it from Political Satire to Politics since I'm guess that was an error

• Banned
Thank you, admin.

Read "Romney, Huntsman, Herbert, and other mainstream GOP decided to break the political back of the far, far right in the party, and they have succeeded." Lower your eyes in shame. :lol:

Has to be one of the least informative posts I've seen lately. What law? What does it do exactly?

it is jake, what do you expect?

"It doesn't mean we have to accept [the new law] or we have to approve it was done, but we have a responsibility as a governing body and the delegates have a responsibility to make sure we can be prepared for 2016 and it's my responsibility to make sure we can get to that point," state party Chairman James Evans said Tuesday.

Then you don't read well. So . . . the law forces the parties (the GOP in particular) to give up the caucus power to select candidates alone. Creeps like Lee and Chaffetz thrive by it, because they probably could not be selected in a primary because they are so far right wing. If a person does not want to go through the caucus, s/he can collect a certain number of names on a ballot petition for the primary. The far right leadership has been crying since last year, tried to renege on a deal they made, and now realize either they follow through, or only the Dems will be on the ballot. This is going to open up politics in the GOP here for sure. Guys like Huntsman and Herbert, etc., the good leaders of the mainstream are all for it. Good for Utah.

Forum List

Back