Usps

Status
Not open for further replies.
&

☭proletarian☭

Can anyone think of any reason to keep USPS in existence? It might have served a function at its inception, but I can't see any reason to keep it around in the modern age, with multiple private companies providing the same services.

'Postmaster General John Potter announced that the U.S. Postal Service is facing $238 billion in losses over the next 10 years' (source). Why are we continuing to subsidize this system? If it can't break even and the private sector provides plenty of alternatives, why should we continue to throw billions into it?

Not everybody has a computer so it isn't possible for some people to pay their bills on-line. How are these people going to pay their bills if there is no postal system for them to mail in their payments?

Not everybody has a computer so it isn't possible for some people to pay their bills on-line. How are these people going to pay their bills if there is no postal system for them to mail in their payments?
Stop at the Fedex, DHL, or UPS store instead of the USPS store.

☭proletarian☭;2071757 said:
Can anyone think of any reason to keep USPS in existence? It might have served a function at its inception, but I can't see any reason to keep it around in the modern age, with multiple private companies providing the same services.

'Postmaster General John Potter announced that the U.S. Postal Service is facing $238 billion in losses over the next 10 years' (source). Why are we continuing to subsidize this system? If it can't break even and the private sector provides plenty of alternatives, why should we continue to throw billions into it?

Do they deliver MAIL daily? I realize the private sector has delivering packages down to a T...but just regular mail? Can they be profitable delivering letters to the rural residences in America with transportation/oil costs being so volatile? They could perhaps try to increase their profits on packages, to compensate for the loss they would take on daily mail delivery?

What would a letter cost to mail? $2.00 each? $3.00 each?

Do they deliver MAIL daily?

Does USPS? No, only 6 days a week.

Do we need daily delivery? Is it worth hundreds of billions of taxdollars so you get your birthday cards delivered each day instead of every few days, should the private sector not find daily delivery feasible?
Can they be profitable delivering letters to the rural residences in America with transportation/oil costs being so volatile?

If something's worth paying to ship, sure. Again, Is it worth 200B+ in tax dollars to send some hillbilly a birthday card?

It is pretty absurd when you think about it. An army of men and women in woolen pants delivering catalogs door-to-door.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7... " to establish post offices and post roads". The Constitution doesn't specify how big the Postal Service should be or how good it's benefit packages to employees should be. So, there's quite a bit of latitude for cutting the budget.

Still, I think you'd probably need a constitutional amendment to do away with it altogether. If memory serves, the "postal roads" portion is what Congress used to authorize and fund the Interstate Highway system. So, then you'd have to do something about that.

☭proletarian☭;2071817 said:

Do we need daily delivery? Is it worth hundreds of billions of taxdollars so you get your birthday cards delivered each day instead of every few days, should the private sector not find daily delivery feasible?
Can they be profitable delivering letters to the rural residences in America with transportation/oil costs being so volatile?

If something's worth paying to ship, sure. Again, Is it worth 200B+ in tax dollars to send some hillbilly a birthday card?

you have a right to your opinion, but others have the same right. But, a lot of people aren't ready for that 2.00 letter.

Maybe usps should just stick with daily mail and lrt other companies take the long distance deliveries.. Usps is having organizational problems, they have their fingers into too many things and can't handle it..

We should go back to the days of the Pony Express. Think of all the money on gas we could save!

I heard they want another rate increase on stamps. and stop Sat deliveries

I still send my utilities by mail. but i may consider online banking and Fed EX for packages. add to it they have missed my daily deliveries

you have a right to your opinion, but others have the same right. But, a lot of people aren't ready for that 2.00 letter.

I'll take a two dollar letter over a two-hundred BILLION dollar letter. Only retards would rather pay 200 BILLION

Most grocery stores still take utility payments.

I haven't used USPS for anything in probably...3-4 years now. I collect the mail out of my mail box, and even most of that goes in the garbage. All of my payments are made online, and if I have to ship anything, UPS picks it up with anything I ship from work. A book of stamps generally lasts me more than a year.

Personally, I don't need them.

☭proletarian☭;2074082 said:

Do we need daily delivery? Is it worth hundreds of billions of taxdollars so you get your birthday cards delivered each day instead of every few days, should the private sector not find daily delivery feasible?If something's worth paying to ship, sure. Again, Is it worth 200B+ in tax dollars to send some hillbilly a birthday card?

I'll take a two dollar letter over a two-hundred BILLION dollar letter. Only retards would rather pay 200 BILLION

Sure you would....but then you would feel comfortable living in Russia, dude. I haven't paid 200 billion dollars for mailing a letter, and you haven't either.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;2074082 said:

Do we need daily delivery? Is it worth hundreds of billions of taxdollars so you get your birthday cards delivered each day instead of every few days, should the private sector not find daily delivery feasible?If something's worth paying to ship, sure. Again, Is it worth 200B+ in tax dollars to send some hillbilly a birthday card?

lol

Meister negged me for preferring a two-dollar letter over a two-hundred BILLION dollar letter

I guess we know where it stands when it comes to saving or destroying America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back