Usps

Status
Not open for further replies.
☭proletarian☭;2074082 said:
you have a right to your opinion, but others have the same right. But, a lot of people aren't ready for that 2.00 letter.

I'll take a two dollar letter over a two-hundred BILLION dollar letter. Only retards would rather pay 200 BILLION

Sure you would...

You wouldn't?

You must be retarded.
.but then you would feel comfortable living in Russia, dude.

What're you babblng about, tard?
I haven't paid 200 billion dollars for mailing a letter, and you haven't either.
We will.

Did you not read the OP? Is the little 'tard illiterate?

'Postmaster General John Potter announced that the U.S. Postal Service is facing $238 billion in losses over the next 10 years' (source)

☭proletarian☭;2074222 said:
☭proletarian☭;2074082 said:
you have a right to your opinion, but others have the same right. But, a lot of people aren't ready for that 2.00 letter.

I'll take a two dollar letter over a two-hundred BILLION dollar letter. Only retards would rather pay 200 BILLION

lol

Meister negged me for preferring a two-dollar letter over a two-hundred BILLION dollar letter

I guess we know where it stands when it comes to saving or destroying America

Quit your whining you little baby, suck it up like a man. What a sissy boy.

:lol:

The little retard wants to pay two-hundred-billion dollars so it can get pre-approved for a new credit card and its trying to insult me?

☭proletarian☭;2074222 said:
lol

Meister negged me for preferring a two-dollar letter over a two-hundred BILLION dollar letter

I guess we know where it stands when it comes to saving or destroying America

whining about a neg rep....geez.....Pro you just sound like someone who had a bad experiance with the PO and now your down on the PO....heard it before....there are already 2 other threads going on this....

Why didn't you tell the other posters why I negged you? Being disengenuous is your MO, huh?
I don't mind a difference of opinion but, when you resort to the name calling I negged you for it. So quit your petty "I'm a victim" mentality, and quit your whining. :lol:

☭proletarian☭;2074263 said:

The little retard wants to pay two-hundred-billion dollars so it can get pre-approved for a new credit card and its trying to insult me?

I'm guessing you got negged for your inability to have a reasonable conversation without getting insulting because someone just isn't agreeing with your point.

I know, since I called out USPS, more threads are spawning.

Kinda like me staring the thread about liberals and IQ- and then people started copying it all over the board :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLGNdOl4_yI]YouTube - Copycat - Copycat (Eurovision Belgium 2009)[/ame]

I'm guessing you got negged for your inability to have a reasonable conversation without getting insulting because someone just isn't agreeing with your point.
Anyone who prefers a two-hundred-billion dollar charge to a two-dollar charge is undeniably retarded.

It's not name-calling. It's a diagnosis.

☭proletarian☭;2074285 said:

Anyone who prefers a two-hundred-billion dollar charge to a two-dollar charge is undeniably retarded.

It's not name-calling. It's a diagnosis.

You're one of the least qualified people to make such a diagnosis, IMO.

But, if you're going to complain about negative rep received, at least be honest about why you received it.

☭proletarian☭;2071757 said:
Can anyone think of any reason to keep USPS in existence? It might have served a function at its inception, but I can't see any reason to keep it around in the modern age, with multiple private companies providing the same services.

'Postmaster General John Potter announced that the U.S. Postal Service is facing $238 billion in losses over the next 10 years' (source). Why are we continuing to subsidize this system? If it can't break even and the private sector provides plenty of alternatives, why should we continue to throw billions into it?

I wouldn't object to mail delivery on Tuesdays and Fridays, only, if that would help save billions. Business needs mail delivery as do others.

I am being honest. It got mad because I pointed out that nobody with a working brain would prefer to pay 100-hundred-thousand times as much for the same thing. Since it's retarded, it took offense at it being pointed out.

It had a Palin moment.

☭proletarian☭;2074299 said:
I am being honest. It got mad because I pointed out that nobody with a working brain would prefer to pay 100-hundred-thousand times as much for the same thing. Since it's retarded, it took offense at it being pointed out.

It had a Palin moment.

You've just proved my point.. I believed we were having a reasonable conversation, and you can't even talk to me without insulting someone else.

*shrug*

It's on you. The reason you got negged is evident; what you choose to try and cloak it in is on you.

Have a nice day.

can anyone think of any reason to keep usps in existence?

$netflix_logo.gif

lol

So, Dis would rather pay two dollars or two-hundred-billion dollars?

☭proletarian☭;2074316 said:
lol

So, Dis would rather pay two dollars or two-hundred-billion dollars?

Your question is simply nothing more than you trying to cause another argument, since I made my views on this completely clear earlier in the thread.

Find someone else.

Can anyone think of any reason to keep USPS in existence? It might have served a function at its inception, but I can't see any reason to keep it around in the modern age, with multiple private companies providing the same services.

'Postmaster General John Potter announced that the U.S. Postal Service is facing $238 billion in losses over the next 10 years' (source). Why are we continuing to subsidize this system? If it can't break even and the private sector provides plenty of alternatives, why should we continue to throw billions into it?

The government need a semi-controlled method of sending and recieving information.

I have a suggestion. Why not bring the USPS into the digital age by installing a server and allowing the government to compete in the DSL/telecomm market?? I always found it strange that we never instituted a government phone company....

Do they deliver MAIL daily? I realize the private sector has delivering packages down to a T...but just regular mail? Can they be profitable delivering letters to the rural residences in America with transportation/oil costs being so volatile? They could perhaps try to increase their profits on packages, to compensate for the loss they would take on daily mail delivery?

What would a letter cost to mail? $2.00 each? $3.00 each?

a letter costs 55 cents to mail and no--2.00 is too damn much. That is why the private companies send packages and express mail at a premium! To send basic mail through the private corps is expensive not cheaper. Thus presenting a counter-example to the concept of "Privatization and competition makes goods cheaper".

Back on track, (and insult free, I promise)

It is in the constitution so it needs to stick around until the constitution is amended. It should be required to stay in the green though. It bothers me that some have expressed that they would rather have the 200Bil rather than a 2 dollar letter because it shows the entitlement mentality of this nation. I don’t want to pay 2 bucks so it is okay for USPS to make others pay 200bil. Prices are obviously skewed and need to be adjusted so that USPS can pay their own way. It is likely that the free market alternatives may vary well take over a much larger portion of the business should that happen and maybe at that point the post office could be phased out. Right now it is not possible as USPS still accounts for almost all the volume of letters and still has a large share in packages.

Not everybody has a computer so it isn't possible for some people to pay their bills on-line. How are these people going to pay their bills if there is no postal system for them to mail in their payments?

Government Computer Reform. Force those of us that have computers to buy computers for those that don't and to pay to train them to use them. Fine people who don't want computers $5,000 a year if they decline to use the government program to get a computer.

Rick

Last edited:
Not everybody has a computer so it isn't possible for some people to pay their bills on-line. How are these people going to pay their bills if there is no postal system for them to mail in their payments?

Government Computer Reform. Force those of us that have computers to buy computers for those that don't and to pay to train them to use them. Fine people who don't want computers $5,000 a year if the decline to use the government program to get a computer.

Rick

:eusa_shhh: Your talking about more government revenue with those fines. Someone will pick up on that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back