USMB Weekend Getaway

If Amanda, Echo, bones, Jillian and the other USMB females show up, can we go to a nudist resort? :D

Do you really think that would be a good idea?

Remember...I have a hairy back.

No, actually. I don't remember you saying that. In fact, I don't remember your hairy back ever coming up in conversation at all.................. :eek:

On the Kubler-Ross model, you are in the first stage: DENIAL.

I haven't been to New Orleans in 30 years, I'm sure it sucks just as much as it did back then....... especially for white tourist....... you have a target painted on your back. I'm originally from Louisiana and I can tell you that the food is mediocre at best, it smells like mildew and piss and there are a lot of people there that will kill you for a quarter. Nagin wasn't bullshitting when he spoke of a chocolate city........ take a look at the murder rate, highest in the nation.

A black friend of mine found out that I had walked through Algiers (on the other side of the Mississippi) once and she told me....... "GOD smiles on little children and fools and he was definitely smiling on your fool, white ass for you to have come out of there alive!"..... she definitely had a way with words.:lol::lol::lol:

If you go, go in a big group and don't let anybody walk off. You couldn't pay me to go back, I won't even drive through it on the way to Florida.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, when it comes right down to it, how many of you are going to put your lives on hold, take vacation from work (if you have it), find sitters and/or daycare for your kids (if applicable), and foot the cost to head to another state to meet a bunch of people from a political board that you don't know, you've never even talked to via actual email, much less actually talked to on the phone, and likely haven't even seen a pic of?

If this were a "local" board, and everyone was in the same home town, I could see...but...

Really going to do it?

Things like this can be a blast. And if you go somewhere you've never been or enjoy going to anyway, it's workable. We're not talking about a full week here. Fly in Friday, leave Sunday night or Monday morning. Most people would only need to miss one day of work. Nice weekend getaway.

Just out of curiosity, when it comes right down to it, how many of you are going to put your lives on hold, take vacation from work (if you have it), find sitters and/or daycare for your kids (if applicable), and foot the cost to head to another state to meet a bunch of people from a political board that you don't know, you've never even talked to via actual email, much less actually talked to on the phone, and likely haven't even seen a pic of?

If this were a "local" board, and everyone was in the same home town, I could see...but...

Really going to do it?

I'll take almost any excuse for a vacation.

I'm just curious to see who all actually WOULD, given the current economy and all...and who would give up family vacation time to drag theirs along to meet a bunch of people they've never heard of just because one member of the household is on here...

And...would you go alone, or bring your families?

Depends on what family entails; Kids? Probably not. It's an adult party, and it's just for the weekend.

I don't have a passport, so you'll have to come and get wasted in Canada - or at least learn how to do it properly.

Advantage Canada: DavidS, Amanda and some of the other young-uns can tip a legal brew!

Disadvantage: Freakin' cold evenings and nights most of the year.

Plan it at least a year out and I'll try my damnedest to be there - Nationwide.

The Southeast US would be my favored locale, if there is a vote or poll...

-Joe

A year out sounds reasonable at this point. A lot of people probably already have their summer planned out, and I'd prefer doing it in the summer when it's warm.

Well, that's a decent initial response. It looks like Vegas and New Orleans are the two favs at the moment. How many commitments do you all think we should get before trying to pull this off? I was thinking at least 25 to 30 but hoping for around 50.

Well, that's a decent initial response. It looks like Vegas and New Orleans are the two favs at the moment. How many commitments do you all think we should get before trying to pull this off? I was thinking at least 25 to 30 but hoping for around 50.

The closer you get to Miami, the fewer of your shining mugs it will take to attract me, but 25 to 50 would get me to 'Vegas - God willing and the economic creek don't rise.

(I know that 'God willing...' is an odd thing for me to say considering some of my posts in Religion & Ethics but relax, it's just a saying - and it's not like I'm completely un-spiritual) :eusa_angel:

-Joe

P.S. Seriously, though - If any of you ever find yourselves on the east coast of southern Florida and want to work on your all-over tan, let me know - I'll hook you up to an RV spot in paradise. (Or a chaise by the pool for the day if you fly in and stay at Micky Mouses house) Hell if you're shy, let me know if your in the area and I'll throw on some shorts and meet you at The Tiki Bar!

-J

Last edited:
Vegas always has cheap flights.

The hotel prices are also getting very low due to the economy.
that is what I was thinking. It is around hundred to fly there from where I live and I saw where right now it is fifty a night to stay at the flamigo. I would love to go back to Vegas.

The Flamingo is long gone. They demolished that place years ago.

Of all the places that are usually suggested, after long debate, something "in the middle" of America usually has the most support. Like something in Kentucky or Tennessee.

Last edited:

that is what I was thinking. It is around hundred to fly there from where I live and I saw where right now it is fifty a night to stay at the flamigo. I would love to go back to Vegas.

Of all the places that are usually suggested, after long debate, something "in the middle" of America usually has the most support. Like something in Kentucky or Tennessee.

The Flamingo is still there, at least it was in January.

They better tell the people who posted their internet ad they are not there anymore. And by the way it was there in 2001 next to Harrohs and the Emperal, I have picture to prove so. Of course it is me drunk hugging two flamigos!

Forum List

Back