USMB locks up

Maintenance.

Can't that be done when the board is least active? And how about a warning: BETWEEN THE HOURS OF THIS AND THAT, THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR 15 MINUTES FOR MAINTENANCE, or something similar.

It's gets frustrating more so because of all the problems USMB had a few weeks ago with intruders fucking up everyone's computer. So when something goes kaflooey now, my hair stands on end.

Geez .... do you scratch out eyes to go with all that hissing?:lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKX8v46Z11E[/ame]

Maintenance.

Can't that be done when the board is least active? And how about a warning: BETWEEN THE HOURS OF THIS AND THAT, THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR 15 MINUTES FOR MAINTENANCE, or something similar.

It's gets frustrating more so because of all the problems USMB had a few weeks ago with intruders fucking up everyone's computer. So when something goes kaflooey now, my hair stands on end.

I'm just assuming it's maintenance, since when things like servers get backed up, it slows things down for a few mins.

That said, how's about it just happens when it happens, and we just deal with it? Some people have their asses glued to their chairs and their nose stuck to the screen 24/7, so there IS no "least busy" time to them.

It happened at 2am, RGS bitched. It happens at noon, and you bitch. If it happens at 3pm, someone else will bitch.

Noon is lunch time. Go have a sandwich, then come back. :eusa_whistle:

I would if I could, but usually I only have a couple of hours in the AM and late PM since I do editing work from home the rest of the time. That's why the timeframe of noon-ish isn't good. For ME. Yes, you're right and I see the point. I thought it happened only once a day instead of several. And again, I didn't notice it happening when I was using IE. :confused:

Every day, the USMB locks up on me between 12-1PM. It's attempting to "load" whatever I've clicked on--even trying to log off the board and get back on thinking that might fix it. What's up with this? And why only this time of day? This specific problem has only been happening since I started using Firefox as my server.

Does the same between 12-1AM.

It could be either your browser updating or the board server. I never considered it could be Firefox. Always thought it was the server.

The tech gets no love.:lol:

I do love computer techs since I'm completely ignorant as to what's under the hood.

Maintenance.

Geez .... do you scratch out eyes to go with all that hissing?:lol:

Sometimes.

Every day, the USMB locks up on me between 12-1PM. It's attempting to "load" whatever I've clicked on--even trying to log off the board and get back on thinking that might fix it. What's up with this? And why only this time of day? This specific problem has only been happening since I started using Firefox as my server.

...........you should use a more reliable ISP (the cheapest isnt always the best).

I haven't documented times, but it also locks up on me... Been happening for a week or so...

:)

peace...

I haven't documented times, but it also locks up on me... Been happening for a week or so...

peace...

It locks up on you because you're you, and it's trying to tell you something. :eusa_whistle:

peace...

It locks up on you because you're you, and it's trying to tell you something. :eusa_whistle:

Someone needs a Hug!...

peace...

peace...

What, to go away? Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!!! Nobody wants to play with me, Mom. :lol:

Just an fyi -- this didn't happen to me today. Do I know how to scare them critters off or what?

peace...

Someone needs a Hug!...

peace...

Someone needs a Hug!...

peace...

From the looks of her comment, might I suggest you not be the one to try? We only have the travel size first aid kit here at USMB.:lol:

See? Him smart. You, Mal? Not so much.

Sorry, Chewbacca - offering or not, if you ever laid so much as a finger on me in any manner, you'd come back missing the entire limb..

Someone needs a Hug!...

peace...

Someone needs a Hug!...

peace...

From the looks of her comment, might I suggest you not be the one to try? We only have the travel size first aid kit here at USMB.:lol:

Sorry, Chewbacca - offering or not, if you ever laid so much as a finger on me in any manner, you'd come back missing the entire limb..

Alrighty then ...:lol:

Someone needs a Hug!...

peace...

For the record, before he bombards your PM box with whines, that's not a threat in any way, shape, or form.

It's a promise. :eusa_angel:

For the record, before he bombards your PM box with whines, that's not a threat in any way, shape, or form.

It's a promise. :eusa_angel:

So can delete these 12 in the last 5 minutes?:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back