USMB Is Racist?

Mr. P said:
OOooooooooooo, you nasty girl!!!!:cheers2:
I didn't mean that kind of "handle"! :eek:

Was trying to make a play on the phrase "too hot to handle." Guess that one flopped!

Mr. P said:
:laugh: sorry Mom, I was just teasin ya. Kids caught any worms yet?
Oh yes! And now that the soccer season has ended, I'm sure we'll be doing some fishing. David is just itching to reel in a few bluegills & catfish! :)

Said1 said:
Well, if it isn't my favorite Cracker. Better get a move on thar, boy. They's steel ya blind if ya don wachum in them thar fields.
Sometimes I wanna take you down.
Sometimes I wanna get you low.
Brush your hair back from your eyes.
Take you down let the river flow.

Sometimes I go and walk the street
Behind the green sheet of glass.
A million miles below their feet
A million miles, a million miles

Bein' with you girl
It's like being low
hey hey hey it's like being stoned.
Bein' with you girl
It's like being low

A million poppies gonna make me sleep.
Just one rose that knows your name
The fruit is rusting on the vine
The fruit is calling from the trees

Hey don't you wanna go down
Like some junkie cosmonaut
A million miles a million miles

Bein' with you girl
It's like being low
Bein' with you girl
It's like being low

Blue blue is the sun.
Brown brown is the sky.
Green green were her eyes.

Hey hey don't you wanna go down
Like some disgraced cosmonaut

Bein' with you girl
It's like being low
Bein' with you girl
It's like being low

D'ster said:
If I'm the only one here who wants to talk about Africa and South America maybe USMB is truly a racist site, no?

Actually, in General Politics we often speak of Darfur and other African issues. Truly if you think it will provide hours of entertainment suggest it to jimnyc and dmp. If enough people express an interest it'll get done.

Plus, this is a "Cry Wolf" type of comment anyway. There are real issues of racism in the world, attempting to apply them to every topic you might have an interest in only makes it so when you finally point out a real racism issue everybody will think it is another red herring like this one.... (nice run on, huh?)

Isn't the modern definition of "racist" any person who is winning an argument against a liberal?

I thought that was official and dictionary-bound in the next Mirriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary....

no1tovote4 said:
Actually, in General Politics we often speak of Darfur and other African issues. Truly if you think it will provide hours of entertainment suggest it to jimnyc and dmp. If enough people express an interest it'll get done.
I just found it quite odd that there are separate sections on the USMB board for such places as Canada, Asia, America, Europe and even Israel/Palestine.

And none for places like Africa and South America?

I don't know about you guys but myself, I find Africa to be far more interesting then lets say Canada?

D'ster said:
I just found it quite odd that there are separate sections on the USMB board for such places as Canada, Asia, America, Europe and even Israel/Palestine.

I don't know about you guys but myself, I find Africa to be far more interesting then lets say Canada?
Ah, perhaps, perhaps not. We haven't any posters from Africa. You can see how active the Canadian forum is. :tinfoil:

D'ster said:

Well let's think about it. It's called US Message Board, the US standing for UNITED STATES. If you're going to find anything odd, make it the fact that there are boards about things other than America.

Canada is our neighbor, and like any good neighbor it is best to learn about them, get lessons from them, etc. Same goes with Europe, the ties we have with Europe are way stronger than those with Africa and S. America.

You may be right that there could be boards for S. America and Africa, but immediately calling USMB racist isn't the way to go about it. If jimnyc had responded to your request saying, "No, we hate blacks here," then go ahead and play the race card all you want. Now I'm not certain, but I doubt that happened.

While the liberals claim to be trying to end racism, all they are really doing is resurfacing it time and time again. I believe that if everybody stopped generalizing, because there are black racists and white racists, and realized that it doesnt matter what color skin someone has, then it would eventually slip away. I dont see how you calling us racist is doing anything not detrimental to the fight against racism. Ironically, you have just made the situation worse.

D'ster said:

When they first built the board there were fewer categories. Conversation brought about new categories as it became evident where interest lies. You and NATOAir could bring about a new African section if you got together. Currently, while we do speak of the issues in Africa, it is as part of another topic and nobody has yet requested it.

We have several members from Canada that brought about the Canadian section. Israel/Palestine came from people talking about it constantly. So forth... Keep bringing up the issues, we'll talk about them, and if there is enough participation you will get your wish.

It may just be a sign that you hadn't blessed us with your presense yet.... Rather than some form of "racism". I prefer to save that word for when a truly incredible racist issue rears its ugly head, rather than just throw it around when I don't find an African Section on a US board.

Semper Fi said:
Canada is our neighbor, and like any good neighbor it is best to learn about them, get lessons from them, etc.
So is Mexico.
Semper Fi said:
Same goes with Europe, the ties we have with Europe are way stronger than those with Africa and S. America.
Well I don't know how strong our ties are with Europe?
I wonder what our "ties" are like with South Americans, Considering that America in 40-50 years will be majority South Americans :eek:
Semper Fi said:
You may be right that there could be boards for S. America and Africa, but immediately calling USMB racist isn't the way to go about it. If jimnyc had responded to your request saying, "No, we hate blacks here," then go ahead and play the race card all you want. Now I'm not certain, but I doubt that happened.
I never said that you or jimnyc where racist, I just asked Is USMB Racist?
Semper Fi said:
While the liberals claim to be trying to end racism, all they are really doing is resurfacing it time and time again. I believe that if everybody stopped generalizing, because there are black racists and white racists, and realized that it doesnt matter what color skin someone has, then it would eventually slip away. I dont see how you calling us racist is doing anything not detrimental to the fight against racism. Ironically, you have just made the situation worse.
Your getting way to worked up over this.

Hey,
how about just a Africa/ South American section.

D'ster said:
So is Mexico.Well I don't know how strong our ties are with Europe?
I wonder what our "ties" are like with South Americans, Considering that America in 40-50 years will be majority South Americans :eek: I never said that you or jimnyc where racist, I just asked Is USMB Racist?

Hey,
how about just a Africa/ South American section.
I don't think Semper can grant your request.

D'ster said:
I never said that you or jimnyc where racist, I just asked Is USMB Racist?

1. I never said you said that, go back and read it.

2. Way to weasle out of that one. You been practicing?

no1tovote4 said:
It may just be a sign that you hadn't blessed us with your presense yet.... Rather than some form of "racism". I prefer to save that word for when a truly incredible racist issue rears its ugly head, rather than just throw it around when I don't find an African Section on a US board.
OK, I will put back the rock, so these people can climb back under it.

D'ster said:
OK, I will put back the rock, so these people can climb back under it.

What people?
hitler.gif

Said1 said:
What people?
hitler.gif
The people that freaked out over this subject and said weird things like this:

"Well, if it isn't my favorite Cracker. Better get a move on thar, boy. They's steel ya blind if ya don wachum in them thar fields"

Forum List

Back