USMB is broken. It remains broken. I think a mod/admin broke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
It seems that the board is still broken. My previous thread was locked, not sure why. But the problem is still going on. Anyone trying to fix this?

Someone suggested before that the problem might be some kind of slow down because of infractions I received. But it's not that. Pay attention people. USMB does not intentionally slow down individual accounts. That would be pretty shady. Who ever heard of something like that? There's no mention of it anywhere in the threads about the rules or enforcement threads. I know because I've double checked. And that was kinda hard to do since the board is running so slowly and 80% of the time I click a link it spontaneously redirects to whatever page the board wants. Also, I've never received an infraction. At least, if I have it was a very long time ago. Nothing that I ever remember. Nothing recently.

Finally, please note, this is not a funny thread. I am not a funny person. And this is not a funny matter. Do not laugh. Do not agree. Well....you can agree. But do not laugh and agree.

Yes, you must be on slow down. You don't need to get an infraction to be put on slow down, you just need to piss someone off. It usually wears off in a few days.

The board is not broken for anyone but you. Maybe you have a virus? I suggest turning everything off in order to kill the virus.

I am not having any issues with the board, and it moves quickly for me. It seem the issue is between you and the site and you would be better to handle it in private messaging than having an open discussion where others can contribute their opinion to the matter.

Just my opinion and hope you get your issue resolved.

• Banned
Another note, so you guys can know what's going on and can fix it....Previously the board was set at 6 minutes between making a post, and posting again. Obviously that must be an error. But now, it appears that this is now 8 minutes. So whatever is going on, the problem is getting worse.

By the way, another request of everyone. Whatever you do, please do not turn my thread into a conspiracy theory. Obviously this is all some kind of glitch. It's not on purpose. Nobody at USMB is going to purposely sabotage a user's account just because they don't like you. There are no secret punishments to for Napoleon and Snowball to hand out when you say things they disagree with. If I were violating rules I would be receiving infractions, and if I received enough of them I would just be banned. Please do not engage in such imaginative speculation.

Another note, so you guys can know what's going on and can fix it....Previously the board was set at 6 minutes between making a post, and posting again. Obviously that must be an error. But now, it appears that this is now 8 minutes. So whatever is going on, the problem is getting worse.

By the way, another request of everyone. Whatever you do, please do not turn my thread into a conspiracy theory. Obviously this is all some kind of glitch. It's not on purpose. Nobody at USMB is going to purposely sabotage a user's account just because they don't like you. There are no secret punishments to for Napoleon and Snowball to hand out when you say things they disagree with. If I were violating rules I would be receiving infractions, and if I received enough of them I would just be banned. Please do not engage in such imaginative speculation.

Never had that happen to me. I have had it say I need to wait a few seconds to post another response but never told me it would take minutes.

It's 30 seconds between posts, not six minutes?

I am not having any issues with the board, and it moves quickly for me. It seem the issue is between you and the site and you would be better to handle it in private messaging than having an open discussion where others can contribute their opinion to the matter.

I'm glad that it's not broken for everyone. But obviously there's a problem. Actually, I did try to PM someone, but I haven't been given any responses. This is an important issue. Obviously this affects everyone, or potentially affects everyone. Probably this is some kind of problem that is just beginning, and is getting worse. What if something is wrong with the site's servers or source code? It would be a shame if the entire site were dissolved by some kind of malicious bug. Nobody wants that to happen. They should really do what they can to get this fixed now, before it becomes an even bigger problem.

Never had that happen to me. I have had it say I need to wait a few seconds to post another response but never told me it would take minutes.
I got it once, not worth being here when they do that to you.

I'm glad that it's not broken for everyone. But obviously there's a problem. Actually, I did try to PM someone, but I haven't been given any responses. This is an important issue. Obviously this affects everyone, or potentially affects everyone. Probably this is some kind of problem that is just beginning, and is getting worse. What if something is wrong with the site's servers or source code? It would be a shame if the entire site were dissolved by some kind of malicious bug. Nobody wants that to happen. They should really do what they can to get this fixed now, before it becomes an even bigger problem.
Quit being a drama queen. When the board switched to this platform it was announced that slow downs would be used. They called it something else, miserable user status, or fuck with yo head status.

It seems that the board is still broken. My previous thread was locked, not sure why. But the problem is still going on. Anyone trying to fix this?

Someone suggested before that the problem might be some kind of slow down because of infractions I received. But it's not that. Pay attention people. USMB does not intentionally slow down individual accounts. That would be pretty shady. Who ever heard of something like that? There's no mention of it anywhere in the threads about the rules or enforcement threads. I know because I've double checked. And that was kinda hard to do since the board is running so slowly and 80% of the time I click a link it spontaneously redirects to whatever page the board wants. Also, I've never received an infraction. At least, if I have it was a very long time ago. Nothing that I ever remember. Nothing recently.

Finally, please note, this is not a funny thread. I am not a funny person. And this is not a funny matter. Do not laugh. Do not agree. Well....you can agree. But do not laugh and agree.

Try cleaning your Cache , it can drag down your speed. Be sure to save your passwords before clearing.

3. Too much in cache.

Caches helps make things faster and easier to get to, but too much in your cache could be slowing your computer down. The same goes for temporary Internet files.

If you do a lot of web browsing, this is probably the main reason your computer is slow. In Windows, close all the Internet browsers, open up “Internet Options” and click delete in the “Browsing History” section.

Delete your cache, history, and other browser data - Chrome Help

In the past few minutes I've received two error messages when trying to post. Thought the staff should know, so they can maybe have a starting point to try to diagnose this problem. First one said there was an error in the the javascript console. I should have taken a screenshot, but closed the text box before it occurred to me. I got a screenshot of the second one, though. Hopefully this helps the staff find the problem.

error.jpg

In the past few minutes I've received two error messages when trying to post. Thought the staff should know, so they can maybe have a starting point to try to diagnose this problem. First one said there was an error in the the javascript console. I should have taken a screenshot, but closed the text box before it occurred to me. I got a screenshot of the second one, though. Hopefully this helps the staff find the problem.

error.jpg

Along with clearing your Cache like I mentioned above Log Out and log back in after clearing your cache.

I had a VBulletin website a few years ago, I do not think that they can slow things down for you or anyone for that matter.

error.jpg

Along with clearing your Cache like I mentioned above Log Out and log back in after clearing your cache.

I had a VBulletin website a few years ago, I do not think that they can slow things down for you or anyone for that matter.

Miserable Users - vBulletin.org Forum

Here is a 3.5 version of the ever popular "miserable users" hack. Basically a way to really annoy anyone you don't want visiting your forum. Based on the original idea & hack for vb2 by Zzed, and the vb3 port by KuraFire.

When classed as miserable, a member suffers ;

1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

Note: All the above options are set in the vBulletin Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back