USMB Coffee Shop IV

Infamous "person" drinking coffee:

alien-needs-coffee.jpg

You know, all these "famous" people drinking coffee are just alien to me. :D

And good morning everybody. The great warm up begins for us today--I'm waiting for the A/C to come on to announce the arrival of spring in New Mexico. :) Who would have thought that I, who dislikes hot weather, would be anxiously awaiting temps in the high 80's.

And yes, for those who weren't in on yesterday's discussion, C_K came by to explain that it is the high traffic on the long threads that is the problem, and not the photos or videos that we post. So we sure don't want to cut down on the traffic--that's what the Coffee Shop is for--and we don't need to hold back on the photos and videos. I'll just have a brand new remodeled Coffee Shop ready to go when we get to 2000 posts.

Man, it has been scorching here. Day and night. Can't sleep. Too humid. Day before yesterday was the hottest day in the history of forecasting weather, in my town, on the coast. It was 99 degrees outside. Add 20 degrees to that for the inside...:evil: The forecast is for a hotter than usual summer. And no A/C.....

Good for you foxy, to have A/C...:D

Geez, that would be intolerable for me, Aqua. I don't handle the heat very well any more. I dislike being cold, too, but it doesn't make me feel terrible and I can usually put on enough clothes to get warm. Can't always take enough off to get cool though.

I sometimes wonder how we managed back in the days when only the very very rich had air conditioning? Sometimes we just slept outside on very hot summer nights--it was safe to do that back then--but we lived, went to school, went to work with no air conditioning available when the temps were 80s, 90s, 100+. I was a young adult and married before I could enjoy air conditioning and then it was a small evaporative cooler placed in a window. We bought it second hand, I think at an estate or yard sale or something.

But it has been a wild ride weatherwise. Two days ago we were under a hard freeze warning and today it will go into the high 80's and the forecast is for low 90's for the weekend and beyond.

beautiful sunny day here in the pacific northwest. Have lots of problems to try to straighten out today. Not happy about any of it.

Well hopefully this too shall pass. I hate days like that though.

Who would have thought that writing checks on the wrong account would take so long to straighten out.

And here's a curious thing, the bank charged me NSF fees twice for the plumbing check and they say it hasn't come back yet. How can they charge me for the same check TWICE when the plumbers never got it back the first time?

I've been charged 4 times on the property tax check. Lord knows when I'll get that straightened out and all this time I'm building up penalty fees.

Gotta say, when I make a mistake, it's either really big, or really expensive.

Okay, now the sun went away. However, I fixed the problem with the property taxes. Finally got hold of a person and since he's behind on the returned checks, he's just charging me the NSF fee of $35, no penalties. Yippee!!!!

Good news at last. Now if only I can get that plumbing check taken care of.

And good morning everybody. The great warm up begins for us today--I'm waiting for the A/C to come on to announce the arrival of spring in New Mexico. :) Who would have thought that I, who dislikes hot weather, would be anxiously awaiting temps in the high 80's.

And yes, for those who weren't in on yesterday's discussion, C_K came by to explain that it is the high traffic on the long threads that is the problem, and not the photos or videos that we post. So we sure don't want to cut down on the traffic--that's what the Coffee Shop is for--and we don't need to hold back on the photos and videos. I'll just have a brand new remodeled Coffee Shop ready to go when we get to 2000 posts.

Man, it has been scorching here. Day and night. Can't sleep. Too humid. Day before yesterday was the hottest day in the history of forecasting weather, in my town, on the coast. It was 99 degrees outside. Add 20 degrees to that for the inside...:evil: The forecast is for a hotter than usual summer. And no A/C.....

Geez, that would be intolerable for me, Aqua. I don't handle the heat very well any more. I dislike being cold, too, but it doesn't make me feel terrible and I can usually put on enough clothes to get warm. Can't always take enough off to get cool though.

I sometimes wonder how we managed back in the days when only the very very rich had air conditioning? Sometimes we just slept outside on very hot summer nights--it was safe to do that back then--but we lived, went to school, went to work with no air conditioning available when the temps were 80s, 90s, 100+. I was a young adult and married before I could enjoy air conditioning and then it was a small evaporative cooler placed in a window. We bought it second hand, I think at an estate or yard sale or something.

But it has been a wild ride weatherwise. Two days ago we were under a hard freeze warning and today it will go into the high 80's and the forecast is for low 90's for the weekend and beyond.

My mother worked in what was in those days called a 5 and Dime store, general merchandise. They sold air conditioners, those box shapped ones that you put in your window. In the store, they'd have a few turned on with colored ribbons tied to them to show how the cool air flowed out. My mom sold them, but we could not afford one.

Last edited:
beautiful sunny day here in the pacific northwest. Have lots of problems to try to straighten out today. Not happy about any of it.

Who would have thought that writing checks on the wrong account would take so long to straighten out.

And here's a curious thing, the bank charged me NSF fees twice for the plumbing check and they say it hasn't come back yet. How can they charge me for the same check TWICE when the plumbers never got it back the first time?

I've been charged 4 times on the property tax check. Lord knows when I'll get that straightened out and all this time I'm building up penalty fees.

I think I'd be looking for a different bank.

I think I'm allergic to the heat. I swell up, it's painful and ugly :(

Well, it's a real roller coaster for America then, because we've had record cold here, and I mean the coldest ON record. The jet stream, for whatever DAMN reason, has decided to make this huge dip down over the upper and mid eastern half of America, while going up in your area. It's a massive whip lash S path, and I wish ta heck it would straighten itself OUT!

And by the way... that was an official bitch about the weather bitch from the VP of the bitch about the weather club... :D

Yes, I remember that election, and you were elected hands down. :D

We will be close to 80 if not higher.

We have waited since last October for this.

Happy Happy Happy

happy-anniversary-1.jpg

Happy Anniversary R.D. and Hope Your Special Day Is Filled With Much Love, Happiness, and Fun. Best Wishes For Many More To Come. ♥

Last edited:

I think I'd be looking for a different bank.

As soon as this mess is straightened out, I'm closing my account. My son is going to close his and I'll see about getting my father in law to close his. I just found out something even more disturbing. The plumbers didn't try cashing that check twice, they haven't even gotten it back yet and the king country treasury didn't try to cash that check 4 times. The bank decided on it's own to put it through again. This is absolutely criminal and I'm thinking of writing to the newspapers about these fees.

My mother worked in what was in those days called a 5 and Dime store, general merchandise. They sold air conditioners, those box shapped ones that you put in your window. In the store, they'd have a few turned on with colored ribbons tied to them to show how the cool air flowed out. My mom sold them, but we could not afford one.

Okay, get a bucket or a cooler, put some holes in it, put ice in the bottom and tape your fan to the bucket. Cold air will come out. Instant red neck air conditioner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back