USMB Coffee Shop IV

e9ffad6bec0d2bcd49c008807c455095.jpg

Jon Bon Jovi

*drool*

Good to hear that pics aren't a problem, because that's my thing...sometimes a pic is all I feel like posting because it best expresses my mood.:D

Pics are fun but I can't see how they aren't the problem. That and all the Youtube music threads.

I've been wrong before though. :dunno:

Well I believe Cereal Killer who says it is the long threads and not the images at all.
He told us that they are fine.

Last edited:
Up early this morning and have had my coffee. Will be leaving soon to get Poppy Day started at the Mobil Station at 0600. Not a great weather day for it. It's 37 outside and raining. However, into each life a little rain must fall! Hope everybody has a great day.

Yup, about the same temp here but we have sunshine. They did have FREEZE warnings out for low lying areas last night. I'll tell ya, the cold here just does NOT want to GIVE UP this year. You'd think we were back in MARCH, not the middle of MAY. Might be why 39,000+ people moved OUT of Wisconsin last year. They can't stand the cold.... or the TAXES.

So... what the hell am I doing here? ...
confused-8.gif

When we built our last home in Kansas, it was a bi-level--the front entrance was between the upper and lower floors so you went up to the living room/dining room areas and bedrooms and you went down to the very large family room and oversized garage. But because we did all our entertaining in the family room, we wanted bathroom facilities at the lower level. So the contractor built in a tiny bathroom--a commode, small sink, and some floor to ceiling shelves. All in all, it was about 5' by 8'. And I let Hombre, who is color blind on some colors, choose the wallpaper for that one tiny room.

He picked this wildly brightly colored, ultra modern psychadelic graphic in a shiny texture that had a definite 3-D effect when you looked at it. You almost felt you needed to provide sun glasses to our guests who were going in there. The house sold anyway some years later.

And good morning everybody. The great warm up begins for us today--I'm waiting for the A/C to come on to announce the arrival of spring in New Mexico. :) Who would have thought that I, who dislikes hot weather, would be anxiously awaiting temps in the high 80's.

And yes, for those who weren't in on yesterday's discussion, C_K came by to explain that it is the high traffic on the long threads that is the problem, and not the photos or videos that we post. So we sure don't want to cut down on the traffic--that's what the Coffee Shop is for--and we don't need to hold back on the photos and videos. I'll just have a brand new remodeled Coffee Shop ready to go when we get to 2000 posts.

[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]

In case you decide to change the logo for the CS IV sign....a suggestion...:)

Oh that's right... we'll need a new CS pic with IV in it.

I've got to get with the program here at home right now, but I can work on one later.

Up in the Springs for the weekend, the Mrs has a job interview up here today then we have to start inventorying everything in the house. Have to call Century Link and Comcast, see what I need to cancel Century Link and switch Comcast to a basic cable with internet.

And good morning everybody. The great warm up begins for us today--I'm waiting for the A/C to come on to announce the arrival of spring in New Mexico. :) Who would have thought that I, who dislikes hot weather, would be anxiously awaiting temps in the high 80's.

And yes, for those who weren't in on yesterday's discussion, C_K came by to explain that it is the high traffic on the long threads that is the problem, and not the photos or videos that we post. So we sure don't want to cut down on the traffic--that's what the Coffee Shop is for--and we don't need to hold back on the photos and videos. I'll just have a brand new remodeled Coffee Shop ready to go when we get to 2000 posts.

Man, it has been scorching here. Day and night. Can't sleep. Too humid. Day before yesterday was the hottest day in the history of forecasting weather, in my town, on the coast. It was 99 degrees outside. Add 20 degrees to that for the inside...:evil: The forecast is for a hotter than usual summer. And no A/C.....

Good for you foxy, to have A/C...:D

Does our images have a lot to do with it or is it just the larger threads?
Should we just talk more with less pictures?
I know that graphics use up an awful lot of space.

This will help:

When someone posts a large image, just quote their text when you want to comment on it.

If they post a strip of smaller images, just quote the one you like best.

If the member above you quoted the pic, use the up arrows ^^^^ and comment without quoting.

When you're quoting text, delete everything that you aren't commenting on/replying to.

:clap2: Great ideas, Grandma. `Sides, for some of us, too many pictures just gets scrolled over.

Does our images have a lot to do with it or is it just the larger threads?
Should we just talk more with less pictures?
I know that graphics use up an awful lot of space.

This will help:

When someone posts a large image, just quote their text when you want to comment on it.

If they post a strip of smaller images, just quote the one you like best.

If the member above you quoted the pic, use the up arrows ^^^^ and comment without quoting.

When you're quoting text, delete everything that you aren't commenting on/replying to.

:clap2: Great ideas, Grandma. `Sides, for some of us, too many pictures just gets scrolled over.

I agree, and I do most of them.

Man, it has been scorching here. Day and night. Can't sleep. Too humid. Day before yesterday was the hottest day in the history of forecasting weather, in my town, on the coast. It was 99 degrees outside. Add 20 degrees to that for the inside...:evil: The forecast is for a hotter than usual summer. And no A/C.....

Good for you foxy, to have A/C...:D
Well, it's a real roller coaster for America then, because we've had record cold here, and I mean the coldest ON record. The jet stream, for whatever DAMN reason, has decided to make this huge dip down over the upper and mid eastern half of America, while going up in your area. It's a massive whip lash S path, and I wish ta heck it would straighten itself OUT!

And by the way... that was an official bitch about the weather bitch from the VP of the bitch about the weather club... :D

Forum List

Back