USMB Coffee Shop IV

I know a person who went and had their ears flushed, and they said it looked like YEARS worth of crud came out of their ears. :puke:

Things like that are some reasons why I decided to stay on the administrative side of the healthcare field.
Guess no one ever told them about Q-tips....... I'd hate to see their belly button........ :eusa_whistle:

The person I know worked in the construction field and so had dust and dirt getting into his ears. It gets inside of your ears where you can't get. He was having a problem hearing and once he had the procedure done (which is routine - they do it all the time), he felt 100% better.

Probably it would be impossible to identify all the GMO foods out there, much less avoid them and still have much enjoyment in the pleasures of eating. I feel sorry for those who must avoid all wheat or all soy or all dairy for health reasons because our food supply is permeated with them, and unless you don't get bored with plain meat, veggies, salt and pepper, I would find that pretty grim. But then I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, etc. So take all the GMOs out of that and there isn't much left to enjoy. People have been breeding plants and animals for maximum quality and yields for a very long time but I would like to avoid the waxes (for appearance) and injected hormones etc. as much as possible and completely artificially developed or created foodstuffs aren't my cup of tea. There has to be some kind of reasonable balance in there somewhere.
I wouldn't worry about the waxes, they come from plants that naturally produce the wax and are used to do more than make the apple look pretty.
Pick an apple off a tree, rub it on your shirt and now you have a nice shiny apple. What you just did was remove the natural wax the apple produces to protect it's high moisture content, a wax without which it would shrivel up on the tree and would become inedible.

The shininess you get by rubbing an apple on your shirt doesn't show the removal of wax, but rather pesticides. Wax isn't applied until the apples reach processing in the packaging plant where it's bathed in wax.

Many vegetables and fruits make their own natural waxy coating. After harvest, fresh produce may be washed to clean off dirt and soil – but such washing also removes the natural wax. Therefore, waxes are applied to some produce to replace the natural waxes that are lost. Wax coatings help retain moisture to maintain quality from farm to table including: when produce is shipped from farm to market, while it is in the stores and restaurants, once it is in the home. Waxes also help inhibit mold growth, protect produce from bruising, prevent other physical damage and disease, and enhance appearance.

Do You Know What's REALLY Coating Your Fruit? | Fooducate

I know a person who went and had their ears flushed, and they said it looked like YEARS worth of crud came out of their ears. :puke:

Things like that are some reasons why I decided to stay on the administrative side of the healthcare field.
Guess no one ever told them about Q-tips....... I'd hate to see their belly button........ :eusa_whistle:

The person I know worked in the construction field and so had dust and dirt getting into his ears. It gets inside of your ears where you can't get. He was having a problem hearing and once he had the procedure done (which is routine - they do it all the time), he felt 100% better.
I spent years doing construction, never had that problem.

Good morning everybody. Woke up to another white world but
We got lots of much needed rain and a tiny amount of snow.
Benson got more than we did, about inch and a half.

Everyone have a great weekend !

funny-animals-308.jpg

At least you have power and internet. How far outside Benson are you guys?

Yep ! :)
10 miles.
Back in the days when I was hanging around Sierra Vista and Ft H., there really wasn't much within 10 miles of Benson.

There is now. We have Mr. and Mrs. Peach within 10 miles of Benson and we are quite happy about that. :)

I spent years doing construction, never had that problem.

Okay.

Q-tips are actually only supposed to be good for the outer part of your ear. They will mostly just push things further in if you try to go too deep with them.

Argh, I hate when my ears get clogged and everything sounds muted! I just can't get it cleared. :mad:
Polar bear swim?

Heh, I wish it were just swimming that did it. This happens to me every once in a while, sometimes it last a day, sometimes, like now, it goes on for days and feels like it will never clear up.

I tried peroxide in the ear and that didn't work, I'm considering getting some sort of ear pick and hoping that will do it. I'm constantly pushing against my ear hoping the suction it causes will pop open the clog. So annoying. :p

Tell your doctor, they can flush out your ears. You will hear better too probably.

My doctor? I haven't seen a doctor in more than 2 decades. :lol:

I got a couple of checks for Christmas, I just got them deposited. I had been planning out some purchases.....well, I go to a couple of sites where I had decided on things I wanted to buy, and nearly everything I wanted is now more expensive, sometimes significantly so. I also was going to buy a pair of new boots, but my size (and only my size) is out of stock.

Fluctuating prices suck! Now I have to decide if I'm going to wait until the prices go down again before buying things.

Argh, I hate when my ears get clogged and everything sounds muted! I just can't get it cleared. :mad:
Polar bear swim?

Heh, I wish it were just swimming that did it. This happens to me every once in a while, sometimes it last a day, sometimes, like now, it goes on for days and feels like it will never clear up.

I tried peroxide in the ear and that didn't work, I'm considering getting some sort of ear pick and hoping that will do it. I'm constantly pushing against my ear hoping the suction it causes will pop open the clog. So annoying. :p

Tell your doctor, they can flush out your ears. You will hear better too probably.

If you can't relieve the clogged feeling on your own, you should go have it done. My friend felt a great sense of relief. He was a little nervous about it but was glad he had it done.

Q-tips are actually only supposed to be good for the outer part of your ear. They will mostly just push things further in if you try to go too deep with them.
It was a joke....... :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, but lots of people do clean their ears with Q-tips. :) Probably not belly buttons so much. :lol:

Polar bear swim?

If you can't relieve the clogged feeling on your own, you should go have it done. My friend felt a great sense of relief. He was a little nervous about it but was glad he had it done.

I don't have insurance, I won't go to a doctor for anything that isn't really important. ;) I've had this happen before, it will probably clear up soon enough, it's just really annoying until then. :lol:

Polar bear swim?

I don't have insurance, I won't go to a doctor for anything that isn't really important. ;) I've had this happen before, it will probably clear up soon enough, it's just really annoying until then. :lol:

You don't have insurance? Aren't you concerned about getting a fine applied to your taxes? That is what happens now if you don't have health insurance for . . . I think it might be at least 9 months out of the year.

You don't have insurance? Aren't you concerned about getting a fine applied to your taxes? That is what happens now if you don't have health insurance for . . . I think it might be at least 9 months out of the year.

I'm actually exempt from the mandate. :)

Yeah, but lots of people do clean their ears with Q-tips. :) Probably not belly buttons so much. :lol:
I use a mini-vac.........

You must have seen those ads where people poke themselves in the eardrums with Q tips.

That's not far from what I'd like to do. :lmao:

You must have seen those ads where people poke themselves in the eardrums with Q tips.
No, I use the mini-vac on the belly button, a full size vac on the ears......... Eh? What did you say?

Forum List

Back