USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well @BBD, I paid closer attention this time and got the RIGHT trailcam... got the color viewer you can review the pics and video on, and it takes video with sound in full 1080p high def...

newtrailcam_zps69f58661.jpg

When is your trip?

In the Fall. It's always so much fun with them.

I'm happy for you! I'm estranged from my family, it's nice to hear others still like eachother

We've had our troubles. One sister isn't coming, she's been mad at one of them for awhile, since our last vacation really. My daughter gave me some good advice, if one of them is mad, continue to invite them everywhere and let them be the ones to say no or come back to the fold.

She's so smart.

Found a new recipe after I bought a bunch of bone in chicken breasts and was trying to figure out how to prepare them. Armenian Marinated Chicken.

1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tsps salt
2 tsps thyme
2 tsps marjoram
1 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced (can add more according to taste)
1 cup finely chopped shallots (Substitute spring onions if you don't have shallots)
I added 1 Tbsp red wine to the recipe
6 to 8 large chicken breasts
Cut the recipe in half for less than 6 breasts

Place chicken and marinade in a large plastic storage bag (Zip-lock, etc) for 24 hours.
Bake chicken on center rack in oven for 45 minutes at 400 degrees or grill till cooked through.
The chicken comes out moist and tender. :thup:

The parts for the dryer, which were supposed to be here Saturday, finally arrived yesterday. Everything is back together and the dryer is purring like a contented cat.
One of the good things that came out of this is the inside of the dryer received a thorough, much needed, cleaning. This is something I recommend people do at least once a year anyway for fire safety reasons. If nothing else, unplug the dryer, lift the top and vacuum everything you can reach, remove the vent hose/pipe and vacuum up inside. If it's the flexible plastic or foil hose replace it as lint builds up inside these vent hoses more so than the rigid metal ones, it's not that expensive.

Good morning all. Glad to see the old crowd is gradually shuffling in though we are still missing a whole lot of people who haven't signed in yet.

I really didn't expect this to be a franchise operation when the original Coffee Shop was established years ago. But I can't figure out what are doing to crash the board that everybody else isn't doing. Two other threads were larger than us an they haven't been closed. Oh well, one of those little mysteries of life.

I did finish our federal taxes last night. Still need to do the state taxes but that will take about 10 minutes. About 40 degrees about our house, but sunny and going up to about 70 today and then mid to high 70's the rest of the week and into the steady 80's next week. So I'm glad we'll get our system changed over to cooling next week. I'm thinking we're all having the last blast of winter this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back