USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geesh, just had some plumbers over yesterday. Found two leaks, one in the bathroom in grandma's room, and one in the main water line outside. We have to get a carpenter in here in the morning to redo the flooring in the bathroom since the previous tenants thought it would be funny to jerry-rig the entire plumbing system, thus rotting the floor under the toilet out. On top of that we needed a new shutoff valve, plus we had to buy a new commode. All of this is going to cost upwards of $1500-2000. We live barely above the poverty line... this was the last thing we needed. How are we going to afford all of this?

Argh!

2 grand isn't too bad. Really. I would suggest your gran take out a small loan at the bank, as a last resort. Maybe your parents, aunts & uncles could chip in and cover a good bit of it. And there's the matter of your contribution... Do you have anything that you don't need that you can sell or pawn?

Freeze warnings tonight but the great warm up starts tomorrow and maybe even record heat by the weekend? We'll see how it goes.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Ringel and his family as they prepare for the final goodbye for his dad,
Jake's granddaughter Susan,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Anyone ever heard of a so-called "crossgrade"?

I decided to upgrade a program I have been using in my business dealings for years - for the newer version. So, I bought the thing, it arrived, I input the registration code on the package - and got a message that my code was not on file yet. What??!?!

Finally, after some days of mild frustration, I called the company and the guy on the phone sent me an email informing me that this was not a pure upgrade, but actually, a crossgrade and I needed to register at this and this and this sites in order to get final verification. So, I registered at this and this and this sites (one led to the second, which led to the third) and then input the same code. It worked, but a final screen came up asking me all sorts of questions about how I intended to use the program. All of the rubriks were asterisked, which meant that without answering them, the final authorization would not go through.

There were like 10 rubriks of questions and I thought to myself, what a pile of horsedung. I pay good, hard earned money for an expensive product, I don't expect to have to take a physical and give a blood sample for the damn thing to finally work.

So, though it's a really good program and the newer version is indeed great, I hope to never have to go through such a circus again. Talk about invasion of privacy! And all said and told, to get the thing up and running, it cost me 2 hours of my life and in the days where the program could not be registered, I couldn't open any of the data that had been created by the previous version. That sucked.

:evil:

I decided to upgrade a program I have been using in my business dealings for years - for the newer version. So, I bought the thing, it arrived, I input the registration code on the package - and got a message that my code was not on file yet. What??!?!

Finally, after some days of mild frustration, I called the company and the guy on the phone sent me an email informing me that this was not a pure upgrade, but actually, a crossgrade and I needed to register at this and this and this sites in order to get final verification. So, I registered at this and this and this sites (one led to the second, which led to the third) and then input the same code. It worked, but a final screen came up asking me all sorts of questions about how I intended to use the program. All of the rubriks were asterisked, which meant that without answering them, the final authorization would not go through.

There were like 10 rubriks of questions and I thought to myself, what a pile of horsedung. I pay good, hard earned money for an expensive product, I don't expect to have to take a physical and give a blood sample for the damn thing to finally work.

So, though it's a really good program and the newer version is indeed great, I hope to never have to go through such a circus again. Talk about invasion of privacy! And all said and told, to get the thing up and running, it cost me 2 hours of my life and in the days where the program could not be registered, I couldn't open any of the data that had been created by the previous version. That sucked.

That sucks....that's life.....:D

Last night, I was posting away on USMB and I noticed that the system had slowed down, I was giving rep to someone and it wouldn't let me, so I went back a few pages, hoping it would clear up, the next thing you know I get a 502 Error message. So I tried logging on again and it wouldn't go through...did anyone else experience a problem last night?

Well....I'm glad this morning I was able to log on.....and before I go have my breakfast of eggs (omelet), bacon and coffee with biscuits.....yeah....I wanted to say:

Good Morning

Lovely-Morning-Picture-for-fb.jpg

Call the company back, tell them you want a refund for return of a broken product. Ask how to uninstall the upgrade and restore your previous version.
Explain the issues you had/have and advise them you will never use their product again.
You might also alluded to extensive utilization of social media......... :eusa_whistle:

Good morning, everybody. I could really use some coffee this morning! Interesting start to the day. Nothing that a qood cup of coffee won't fix though.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back