USA Olympic uniforms have been outsourced to China......

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Seems that our own Olympic committee is following in the steps of all the other outsourcers of American jobs.

All our Olympic uniforms were made in China.

Does that sound right to you?

The controversy surrounding Team USA's Chinese-made uniforms for the opening ceremony raged on Thursday as Washington politicians jumped into the fashion fray. They criticized the U.S. Olympic Committee for approving the uniforms.

Senator Harry Reid said the USOC should be "ashamed" that the blue blazers, white pants and berets that American athletes will wear are manufactured in China. "They should take all the uniforms, put them in a big pile and burn them," Reid said.

Other lawmakers were also critical of the apparel designed by Ralph Lauren. "You'd think they'd know better," House Speaker John Boehner said of the USOC.

Added Senator Bernie Sander (I-Vt.): "The Olympics are a time when Americans take great pride in our nation's top athletes as they strive for gold. At a time when millions of Americans are unemployed, there is no reason why U.S. Olympic uniforms are not being manufactured in the U.S."

Lawmakers furious over China-made U.S. Olympic uniform

Almost none of our clothing is actually made here... is it?

Actually, you CAN find clothes that are made here in the USA if you look. Matter of fact, some of my t-shirts are made in VT.

But.....................seriously...................representing the USA in uniforms made in China? I'm pretty sure that there are some clothing makers HERE that would jump at the chance to make the uniforms for the teams.

And yeah..................they DO look ugly, but what else can you expect from some snobby fashion designer like Ralph Lauren (who yeah...........IS an American clothing designer, but why the fuck did they outsource them to CHINA)?

Because they can be made cheaper in China. That would be why the outsourced them to China. See, people aren't going to pay through the nose for goods they can buy cheaper elsewhere.

Because they can be made cheaper in China. That would be why the outsourced them to China. See, people aren't going to pay through the nose for goods they can buy cheaper elsewhere.

What happend to American Pride? I thought you right wing idiots were all about that shit.

What happend to American Pride? I thought you right wing idiots were all about that shit.

Pride is what's causing the problem. I don't see any reason to deny someone work because they are from China any more than I want to deny an American work. See, I care about human beings regardless of where they are from. I don't want to see anyone unemployed. Because I believe work is good for the soul and because society is better when we all work.

What is work? It's labor whether physical or mental designed to provide people with goods and services they want and need in the most efficient way possible.

If American's want to compete for these jobs, they need to be efficient. The problem is the government has made them less so by artificially increasing costs.

Pride is what's causing the problem. I don't see any reason to deny someone work because they are from China any more than I want to deny an American work. See, I care about human beings regardless of where they are from. I don't want to see anyone unemployed. Because I believe work is good for the soul and because society is better when we all work.

What is work? It's labor whether physical or mental designed to provide people with goods and services they want and need in the most efficient way possible.

If American's want to compete for these jobs, they need to be efficient. The problem is the government has made them less so by artificially increasing costs.

No wonder you support Romney, you like his idea of outsourcing American jobs.

Ugly assed uniforms anyway
Fox and Friends were more concerned with the beret, and that's it's pronounced as the French word that it is.

You mean............they WERE until lots of people started sending them e-mails telling them that many of our fighting men and women in uniform wear berets as well (pronounced like the French).

Seems that our own Olympic committee is following in the steps of all the other outsourcers of American jobs.

The controversy surrounding Team USA's Chinese-made uniforms for the opening ceremony raged on Thursday as Washington politicians jumped into the fashion fray. They criticized the U.S. Olympic Committee for approving the uniforms.

Senator Harry Reid said the USOC should be "ashamed" that the blue blazers, white pants and berets that American athletes will wear are manufactured in China. "They should take all the uniforms, put them in a big pile and burn them," Reid said.

Other lawmakers were also critical of the apparel designed by Ralph Lauren. "You'd think they'd know better," House Speaker John Boehner said of the USOC.

Added Senator Bernie Sander (I-Vt.): "The Olympics are a time when Americans take great pride in our nation's top athletes as they strive for gold. At a time when millions of Americans are unemployed, there is no reason why U.S. Olympic uniforms are not being manufactured in the U.S."

Its the perfect metaphor for whats wrong with the nation, is it not?

You know..............my Grandparents taught me to buy American as much as I can, and even if it's more expensive to do so, if I have the money to do so, I will.

Matter of fact, my racing bicycle is made here in the USA.

Its the perfect metaphor for whats wrong with the nation, is it not?

more of the greed of the people which the nation has no control of.

No wonder you support Romney, you like his idea of outsourcing American jobs.

He would have had to do that for me to like him for that.

No. I support Romney because I'd like to have a competant moral leader who isnt going to screw the people by placing more and more burdens on them.

I just dont have issues with people in other countries having jobs.

The right wing trash pretends to be patriotic, but in actuality hate america.

I agree with Beckel here I don't think people comprehend how bad the Chinese really hates us. Considering the poisoning of almost everything type of product they make and purposeful sabotage I personally wouldn't wear them. Well I guess Mitt wasn't in charge this time or no possible sabotage would of been tolerated.

Last edited:

I find it hard to believe they couldn't find an adequate manufacturer in the USA. No, it doesn't sound right. Poor choice.

But you got them from China and paid through the nose.
I could have had them made at any tailor in Indonesia for less than US$400.

You guys got shafted.

Forum List

Back