USA Olympic uniforms have been outsourced to China......

Oops - my bad. I just posted the same story in the 'Sport' forum. Had no idea it would have already been under politics.

Because they can be made cheaper in China. That would be why the outsourced them to China. See, people aren't going to pay through the nose for goods they can buy cheaper elsewhere.

What happend to American Pride? I thought you right wing idiots were all about that shit.

what does that have to do with this shit..all of a sudden you people are worried about where the clothes are made when they've been made in china for YEARS

Because they can be made cheaper in China. That would be why the outsourced them to China. See, people aren't going to pay through the nose for goods they can buy cheaper elsewhere.

Why is it unreasonable to pay someone a fair price for making something.

Again, they could have gotten something American made for a comparable price.

Offshoring and Outsourcing has always been about breaking the American Middle Class, not so much saving money.

Offshoring and Outsourcing has always been about breaking the American Middle Class, not so much saving money.

yeah, and which President can you thank for that?

Seems that our own Olympic committee is following in the steps of all the other outsourcers of American jobs.

All our Olympic uniforms were made in China.

Does that sound right to you?

The controversy surrounding Team USA's Chinese-made uniforms for the opening ceremony raged on Thursday as Washington politicians jumped into the fashion fray. They criticized the U.S. Olympic Committee for approving the uniforms.

Senator Harry Reid said the USOC should be "ashamed" that the blue blazers, white pants and berets that American athletes will wear are manufactured in China. "They should take all the uniforms, put them in a big pile and burn them," Reid said.

Other lawmakers were also critical of the apparel designed by Ralph Lauren. "You'd think they'd know better," House Speaker John Boehner said of the USOC.

Added Senator Bernie Sander (I-Vt.): "The Olympics are a time when Americans take great pride in our nation's top athletes as they strive for gold. At a time when millions of Americans are unemployed, there is no reason why U.S. Olympic uniforms are not being manufactured in the U.S."

Lawmakers furious over China-made U.S. Olympic uniform

obama's busses were made in Canada so stfu.

yeah, and which President can you thank for that?

Bush. Reagan. Clinton. I'd thank all of them for drinkning the Free Trade Koolaid.

Fact is, these are $2000.00 uniforms. It wasn't like they were hurting for money. I consider $300.00 a lot of money for a suit.

Where did all the garment manufactuers go, you might ask. The same place as the textile manuf. And the shoe manafactuer. The far east.

So where else you gonna go to get these outfits made in a timely manner? South Carolina? Georgia?
New Hampshire?

So sorry, they don't make that stuff there anymore.

Try back again in four years. Mittens will be bringing all those jobs we lost to overseas comapnies back to the good ole USA.

Quit laughing.

Where did all the garment manufactuers go, you might ask. The same place as the textile manuf. And the shoe manafactuer. The far east.

So where else you gonna go to get these outfits made in a timely manner? South Carolina? Georgia?
New Hampshire?

So sorry, they don't make that stuff there anymore.

Try back again in four years. Mittens will be bringing all those jobs we lost to overseas comapnies back to the good ole USA.

Quit laughing.

I'm sorry, all I can do is laugh at the notion that Mittens will bring back the jobs he sent out to start with.

What happend to American Pride? I thought you right wing idiots were all about that shit.

Pride is what's causing the problem. I don't see any reason to deny someone work because they are from China any more than I want to deny an American work. See, I care about human beings regardless of where they are from. I don't want to see anyone unemployed. Because I believe work is good for the soul and because society is better when we all work.

What is work? It's labor whether physical or mental designed to provide people with goods and services they want and need in the most efficient way possible.

If American's want to compete for these jobs, they need to be efficient. The problem is the government has made them less so by artificially increasing costs.
To add there are so many people out there that sit home and collect unemployment because its easier ... no pride and the liberals want everyone dependent on the government which is putting who in power? The ones that will be RICH just like the ones they are mocking now. Hypocrites

So the REAL purpose of all this was to bash Romney, not that you all REALLY cared where these clothes were made..

you people are so transparent the same as Harry Reid

So the REAL purpose of all this was to bash Romney, not that you all REALLY cared where these clothes were made..

I don't know it if is so much about Bashing Romney, as pointing out how far his thinking has gotten us into trouble.

The fact is, I recognized this as a problem when the US army decided to replace all it's garrison caps (which had an amusing nickname in the service) with berets, and they couldn't find a company that could get a million of them made in time, so they had to get an exemption to buy them from China. This was back in 2000.

The fact that we could not do what we did in WWII, and ramp up our entire economy to production to arm the world against facism, should worry all of us.

But from Romney's point of view, Ralph Lauren made a big profit on $2000.00 uniforms by getting them made by Chinese peasents working for a pittance. So it's all good, right?

I don't know it if is so much about Bashing Romney, as pointing out how far his thinking has gotten us into trouble.

The fact is, I recognized this as a problem when the US army decided to replace all it's garrison caps (which had an amusing nickname in the service) with berets, and they couldn't find a company that could get a million of them made in time, so they had to get an exemption to buy them from China. This was back in 2000.

The fact that we could not do what we did in WWII, and ramp up our entire economy to production to arm the world against facism, should worry all of us.

But from Romney's point of view, Ralph Lauren made a big profit on $2000.00 uniforms by getting them made by Chinese peasents working for a pittance. So it's all good, right?

You people are full of petty CRAP

Pride is what's causing the problem. I don't see any reason to deny someone work because they are from China any more than I want to deny an American work. See, I care about human beings regardless of where they are from. I don't want to see anyone unemployed. Because I believe work is good for the soul and because society is better when we all work.

What is work? It's labor whether physical or mental designed to provide people with goods and services they want and need in the most efficient way possible.

If American's want to compete for these jobs, they need to be efficient. The problem is the government has made them less so by artificially increasing costs.
To add there are so many people out there that sit home and collect unemployment because its easier ... no pride and the liberals want everyone dependent on the government which is putting who in power? The ones that will be RICH just like the ones they are mocking now. Hypocrites

HOrseshit. What creates jobs is consumer demand. A millionaire could invest millions in producing shit sandwiches, but he'd lose his shirt because no one wants a shit sandwich.

The rich get rich by guessing which things consumers want. But if consumers aren't making good money, they don't buy stuff. This is the trap we've gotten ourselves into in the systematic destruction of the middle class since 1980. We've numbed the pain by borrowing against our houses to pay off our credit cards, but that collapsed in 2008.

Until we realize the working man is the backbone of this country, not the investors and "entrepenuers", we are going to be in for a world of shit sandwiches.

Forum List

Back