USA food supply....

Apparently the food shortage problem is peaking a bit faster over the water.

Supermarkets in The United Kingdom today announced they are limiting purchases of cooking oil due to shortages.

Not quite "official" rationing - but be patient.....

Oh, and it's growing!

And OMG! Think of the children!

Last edited:

Supermarkets in The United Kingdom today announced they are limiting purchases of cooking oil due to shortages.

Oh, and it's growing!

And liberals will continue to use the laugh emoji.

Things are getting so bad companies are running out of Jars people even flippen lids!!

Just look at other place many aren’t able to obtain these things , this is just one place or one company that is saying this.
LOOK where the BLUE box is at.
F510D4F4-81FD-4FE6-AFD2-373BA0C31DBE.jpeg

Oh, and it's growing!

The Ukraine provided like 45% of the world's sunflower oil. You cannot cut that off via a war and not expect some consequences.

Things are getting so bad companies are running out of Jars people even flippen lids!!

Just look at other place many aren’t able to obtain these things , this is just one place or one company that is saying this.
LOOK where the BLUE box is at.
View attachment 635165

The Wife is the CFO of a major hospitality type place in Houston,in fact it's rated as one of the best places in the country and they offer services that no one else offers.
They cant find many things like cups and lids for use in the pool areas and anywhere glass isnt allowed.
High end food has also been very difficult to get.

The Wife is the CFO of a major hospitality type place in Houston,in fact it's rated as one of the best places in the country and they offer services that no one else offers.
They cant find many things like cups and lids for use in the pool areas and anywhere glass isnt allowed.
High end food has also been very difficult to get.

Thank you, yes people are not realizing this factor yet, some are but a huge part of the nation hasn’t noticed.
I would save my jars and the lids from now on. Seriously we are about to look like 3rd world China dude.

969FFD74-EE07-438A-AB98-2185D366556C.jpeg

Thank you, yes people are not realizing this factor yet, some are but a huge part of the nation hasn’t noticed.
I would save my jars and the lids from now on. Seriously we are about to look like 3rd world China dude.

View attachment 635276

Liberals scoff at the idea that things are going to get bad.
The Wife and I have prepared for this happening and we'll be fine for at least a year.
I see it as a plus that liberals will be starving across the country.

Liberals scoff at the idea that things are going to get bad.

Well, I don't know much about this "liberal" boogeyman so many here fret about; however, I would offer for consideration this: Have you been to an American Wal-Mart grocery lately? Or, for that matter, most any big grocery store?

There is lotsa food on the shelves. Lots. Your foie gras and caviar may be thin in inventory......but there is still a lot....a lot....of calorie rich grub for you to grubstake on. Trust me.

And then, have you seen many of the folks pushing those shopping carts?
A little 'starvation'....may take weeks to show up on those derrieres.
(yoga pants, like infants and drunks, don't lie).

This famine fretting by Americans living in America strikes me as just one more grievance to occupy the grievance-junkies who screeched about MS-13, 'Caravans', and Muslims.

They ain't happy unless they are unhappy.

IMHO

Well, I don't know much about this "liberal" boogeyman so many here fret about; however, I would offer for consideration this: Have you been to an American Wal-Mart grocery lately? Or, for that matter, most any big grocery store?

There is lotsa food on the shelves. Lots. Your foie gras and caviar may be thin in inventory......but there is still a lot....a lot....of calorie rich grub for you to grubstake on. Trust me.

And then, have you seen many of the folks pushing those shopping carts?
A little 'starvation'....may take weeks to show up on those derrieres.
(yoga pants, like infants and drunks, don't lie).

This famine fretting by Americans living in America strikes me as just one more grievance to occupy the grievance-junkies who screeched about MS-13, 'Caravans', and Muslims.

They ain't happy unless they are unhappy.

IMHO

This thing is just getting started.
It will get far worse before it gets better. I dont know where you live but things are getting more scarce everyday and I live in the fourth largest city in the country and we have one of the largest ports in the country yet things are still hard to find.
Hell,the Wife has had a hard time getting protein drinks fer fucks sake!
Even Coke is getting harder to find. 16 food production plants have been destroyed,fertilizer is getting scarce. That should open your eyes to whats coming.

fertilizer is getting scarce.

Fertilizer is not getting scarce.
There is still a lot being mined, and manufactured.
But less than there was before Russia invaded Ukraine. (together they produce 28% of the world's supply of N-P-K.)

Look, potash, potassium and chemical nitrogen are world commodities. Many countries manufacture or mine N-P-K....and many countries use all of their N-P-K, and many countries export what they don't use. It has been such for a long time.

America is a major importer of fertilizer because we have immense acreage under intense row-cropping. We are by far the world biggest producer of fertilizer-hungry corn....over one third of the world's entire supply. But disrupt the supply....28% or world supply is in Ukraine & Russa..... Not to mention, Russia-friendly Belarus being the 2nd largest producer of potash......well, whadahell do you expect?
And that's despite Mosaic's Florida phosphate mines continuing to pump out product (if memory serves, phosphate accounted for the most tons of any product shipped out of Tampa).

Prices will rise. Commodities work that way. Supply. Demand.
There is still plenty of N-P-K. We just are gonna hafta pay more for it.
I know that because I farm and use all three components.
And I will pay more for 'em once a new contract is negotiated.
It is the way of the world.

Don't cry to me that "fertilizer is getting scarce".
There is still a lot of N-P-K in this world.....but it is getting more expensive as the supply has been reduced due to Putin's war.

Fertilizer is not getting scarce.
There is still a lot being mined, and manufactured.
But less than there was before Russia invaded Ukraine. (together they produce 28% of the world's supply of N-P-K.)

Look, potash, potassium and chemical nitrogen are world commodities. Many countries manufacture or mine N-P-K....and many countries use all of their N-P-K, and many countries export what they don't use. It has been such for a long time.

America is a major importer of fertilizer because we have immense acreage under intense row-cropping. We are by far the world biggest producer of fertilizer-hungry corn....over one third of the world's entire supply. But disrupt the supply....28% or world supply is in Ukraine & Russa..... Not to mention, Russia-friendly Belarus being the 2nd largest producer of potash......well, whadahell do you expect?
And that's despite Mosaic's Florida phosphate mines continuing to pump out product (if memory serves, phosphate accounted for the most tons of any product shipped out of Tampa).

Prices will rise. Commodities work that way. Supply. Demand.
There is still plenty of N-P-K. We just are gonna hafta pay more for it.
I know that because I farm and use all three components.
And I will pay more for 'em once a new contract is negotiated.
It is the way of the world.

Don't cry to me that "fertilizer is getting scarce".
There is still a lot of N-P-K in this world.....but it is getting more expensive as the supply has been reduced due to Putin's war.

Where the hell do you get your news from?
CNN?

"Hell,the Wife has had a hard time getting protein drinks fer fucks sake!
Even Coke is getting harder to find..."

Coke and "protein drink"?
Talk about rich and entitled Americans.
Coke and protein drink (and more)....are contributing to the strain on those yoga-pants I mentioned earlier.

"Coke and protein drink"!!!
Cry me a river.
Jeeeez!!

Coke and "protein drink"?
Talk about rich and entitled Americans.
Coke and protein drink (and more)....are contributing to the strain on those yoga-pants I mentioned earlier.

"Coke and protein drink"!!!
Cry me a river.
Jeeeez!!

Thats just for starters.
You obviously haven't been paying attention.
There are shitloads of reports on shortages you just choose to ignore them.
Good luck.....

Thats just for starters.
You obviously haven't been paying attention.
There are shitloads of reports on shortages you just choose to ignore them.
Good luck.....
The people in denial are the people who will attempt to steal your food and water after the shit hits the fan....so you will need guns and ammo too...before the government makes that illegal....

The people in denial are the people who will attempt to steal your food and water after the shit hits the fan....so you will need guns and ammo too...before the government makes that illegal....

I'm well set as far as guns and ammo goes.
I have a buddy who really doesn't have the money to do a lot of prepping.
I told him if the SHTF he can come on over and bring all he has as far as food,guns and ammo and anything he doesnt want to lose.
Going need more than the Wife and I to defend the place. He has a place right next door to us on the 6k acre lease where there's plenty of drinking water and fish and game not to mention edible plants if things go real bad thats where we're heading. We'll be pretty comfortable with the camper,unfortunately there wont be any A/C
The best part is our camps are on a peninsula and the entry point is only around 100 foot wide so it'd be easier to defend.

Forum List

Back