US vs Chile

yeah, I don't know. She never actually touched the ball, so the free kick went in. I think they should have gotten that goal.

So, I'm watching this through the BBC channel and the announcer says that the USA doesn't have very good header skills.

LOL I hope he enjoys that crow.

I am watching it too. Was happy to see one player in particular wasn't starting, nor taking a knee...

2-0.

It was funny to watch all the whining about the US high score against Thailand....many of the complaints by the same people who say they hate Soccer because it's usually so low scoring. Furthermore, how many of them whine about NFL teams or MLB teams running up scores and celebrating touchdowns or runs?

It was funny to watch all the whining about the US high score against Thailand....many of the complaints by the same people who say they hate Soccer because it's usually so low scoring. Furthermore, how many of them whine about NFL teams or MLB teams running up scores and celebrating touchdowns or runs?
I've always been of the school of thought that if you don't try your best on every play, and lay off because you winning big, your actually insulting your opponent.

As a team, it is your job to stop the scoring. If you can't you can't. Don't whine about being run upon. Just get better.

This isn't' little league play.

That is exactly the point. Running up the score on a weak opponent and worse yet acting like goons after scores when the game is a blow out speaks more about the winner than the loser. Win with class, lose with class. People who never played sports don't understand that.

That is exactly the point. Running up the score on a weak opponent and worse yet acting like goons after scores when the game is a blow out speaks more about the winner than the loser. Win with class, lose with class. People who never played sports don't understand that.
"acting like goons"? In what way? Please describe this goon-like behavior.

Forum List

Back