US Supports the First Signs of Fascism in Israel.

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
In this ~20 minute TRNN interview with Max Blumenthal, Israeli journalist Gideon Levy explains how the Israeli occupation of Palestine "has poisoned not only the region but much of the world," and how it depends on America for its existence.

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=15951

"MAX BLUMENTHAL: Hi, I'm Max Blumenthal, for the Real News. We're here at the National Press Club, at the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs Conference, examining whether the special relationship between the U.S. and Israel is good for America..."

"Gideon Levy was the former spokesman for Shimon Peres, former Israeli president, and is now one of the most outspoken journalists in Israel, someone who I would say is a true dissident in Israeli society, and the voice of the voiceless in Israel..."

"Gideon, you spoke earlier today, and you said that if any--if you could show any American visiting the Holy Land anything, you would first take them to Hebron. And I think you're referring to H2, the section of the city that is honeycombed with very violent, radical settlers, but is still Palestinian. Why would you show them that area? There's so much to see.

"GIDEON LEVY: I would start there because there you get it in a nutshell. There is no other place where you can see the Israeli policy, the Israeli apartheid in the West Bank, in such crystal clear colors.

"Roads are just separated for Jews and for Palestinians.

"An empty town, because all the Palestinian inhabitants head to run away.

"I mean, the settlers terrorized them so much, until most of them, there really remained only those who have no place to go. And you see the tyranny of the settlers, their brutality. They are the most extreme settlers and they are, part of them should be questioned by psychiatrists. I mean, really. And only a very small piece of land.

"And that's the way it could have--and it will look, one day--if this occupation will continue. So you get it in a nutshell.

"BLUMENTHAL: Yeah, yeah. It's like a microcosm of the whole occupation.

"LEVY: Absolutely. Absolutely. And I know no one who, any honest person, who had been ever there and wasn't shocked."

The US has been the big financier of the Jewish occupation of Palestine since the end of WWII, and it doesn't appear that is likely to change next November.

First signs? :badgrin:

The US has been fascist light since the Nixon administration. We have supported their fascism since the Nixon administration allowed them to have the bomb. Since then, they have been able to pretty much do what ever they want.

Newly declassified documents reveal how U.S. agreed to Israel's nuclear program - Diplomacy and Defense
From your link:
"Newly Declassified Documents Reveal How U.S. Agreed to Israel's Nuclear Program
Documents reveal contacts between Washington and Jerusalem in late 1960s, when some Americans believed the nuclear option would not deter Arab leaders but would trigger an atom bomb race.
read more: Newly declassified documents reveal how U.S. agreed to Israel's nuclear program - Diplomacy and Defense"

I've read report of Israeli nukes on the back of flatbed trucks heading toward Egypt in 1967, but I don't believe the overall level of racism toward Arabs was as great inside Israel as it is today, possibly migrants from the former Soviet Union are responsible?

In this ~20 minute TRNN interview with Max Blumenthal, Israeli journalist Gideon Levy explains how the Israeli occupation of Palestine "has poisoned not only the region but much of the world," and how it depends on America for its existence.

Gideon Levy: Americans

"MAX BLUMENTHAL: Hi, I'm Max Blumenthal, for the Real News. We're here at the National Press Club, at the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs Conference, examining whether the special relationship between the U.S. and Israel is good for America..."

"Gideon Levy was the former spokesman for Shimon Peres, former Israeli president, and is now one of the most outspoken journalists in Israel, someone who I would say is a true dissident in Israeli society, and the voice of the voiceless in Israel..."

"Gideon, you spoke earlier today, and you said that if any--if you could show any American visiting the Holy Land anything, you would first take them to Hebron. And I think you're referring to H2, the section of the city that is honeycombed with very violent, radical settlers, but is still Palestinian. Why would you show them that area? There's so much to see.

"GIDEON LEVY: I would start there because there you get it in a nutshell. There is no other place where you can see the Israeli policy, the Israeli apartheid in the West Bank, in such crystal clear colors.

"Roads are just separated for Jews and for Palestinians.

"An empty town, because all the Palestinian inhabitants head to run away.

"I mean, the settlers terrorized them so much, until most of them, there really remained only those who have no place to go. And you see the tyranny of the settlers, their brutality. They are the most extreme settlers and they are, part of them should be questioned by psychiatrists. I mean, really. And only a very small piece of land.

"And that's the way it could have--and it will look, one day--if this occupation will continue. So you get it in a nutshell.

"BLUMENTHAL: Yeah, yeah. It's like a microcosm of the whole occupation.

"LEVY: Absolutely. Absolutely. And I know no one who, any honest person, who had been ever there and wasn't shocked."

The US has been the big financier of the Jewish occupation of Palestine since the end of WWII, and it doesn't appear that is likely to change next November.

Hebron was a Jewish city until 1929, when a massacre of 67 Jews drove them from that city. If Jews are in Hebron today, it's because of the Arabs. After 1929, there were no Jews in Hebron but they set up a settlement nearby called Kiryat Arba. It was a good arrangement. Some Jews would only come to Hebron occasionally to visit Abraham's Tomb. But the Arabs could not live peacefully or control their bloodlust. One Friday night, in 1980, they murdered 6 Jewish students who had come to pray at Abraham's Tomb. It was after that, as a sort of form of revenge, that the Israeli government allowed Jews to move back into Hebron itself. The Arabs have only themselves to blame.

Hebron was a Jewish city until 1929, when a massacre of 67 Jews drove them from that city. If Jews are in Hebron today, it's because of the Arabs
How are you defining "a Jewish city?"
Hebron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"By 1850, the Jewish population consisted of 45-60 Sephardi families, some 40 born in the town, and a 30-year-old Ashkenazi community of 50 families, mainly Polish and Russian,[129][130] the Lubavitch Hasidic movement having established a community in 1823..."

"Hebron was 'deeply Bedouin and Islamic',[144] and 'bleakly conservative' in its religious outlook,[145] with a strong tradition of hostility to Jews.[146][147]

"It had a reputation for religious zeal in jealously protecting its sites from Jews and Christians, but both the Jewish and Christian communities were apparently well integrated into the town's economic life..."[107]

"The Jewish community was under French protection until 1914."

Hebron was a Jewish city until 1929, when a massacre of 67 Jews drove them from that city. If Jews are in Hebron today, it's because of the Arabs
"By 1850, the Jewish population consisted of 45-60 Sephardi families, some 40 born in the town, and a 30-year-old Ashkenazi community of 50 families, mainly Polish and Russian,[129][130] the Lubavitch Hasidic movement having established a community in 1823..."

"Hebron was 'deeply Bedouin and Islamic',[144] and 'bleakly conservative' in its religious outlook,[145] with a strong tradition of hostility to Jews.[146][147]

"It had a reputation for religious zeal in jealously protecting its sites from Jews and Christians, but both the Jewish and Christian communities were apparently well integrated into the town's economic life..."[107]

The fact remains that the Israeli government only allowed Jews back into Hebron after those 6 Jewish students were murdered in 1980.

whatever happened to you left wails of how , We "shouldn't be out nation building" when Bush was President and the Iraq war was going on? Now you all have your nose into every country in the world.

The fact remains that the Israeli government only allowed Jews back into Hebron after those 6 Jewish students were murdered in 1980.
You made the claim "Hebron was a Jewish city until 1929." That is clearly not the case:

"The expansion of the Ottoman Empire along the southern Mediterranean coast under sultan Selim I coincided with the establishment of Inquisition commissions by the Catholic Monarchs in Spain, which ended centuries of the Iberian convivencia(coexistence).

"The ensuing expulsions of the Jews drove many Sephardi Jews into the Ottoman provinces, and a slow influx of Jews to the Holy Land took place, with some notable Sephardi kabbalists settling in Hebron.[105][106]

"Over the following two centuries, there was a significant migration of Bedouin tribal groups from the Arabian Peninsula into Palestine. Many settled in three separate villages in the Wādī al Khalīl, and their descendants later formed the majority of Hebron.[107]

"The Jewish community fluctuated between 8-10 families throughout the 16th century, and suffered from severe financial straits in the first half of the century."

whatever happened to you left wails of how , We "shouldn't be out nation building" when Bush was President and the Iraq war was going on? Now you all have your nose into every country in the world.
bush-jew-beenie-wailing-wall-in-israel.jpg

Forum List

Back