US Seeks To Imprison Single Mother

And just why is this item news?

Should the US prosecute a single mother who won't leave her newborn?

Do you have ANY clue on how the military works?? Do you know you are REQUIRED to post custody plans and have this all planned out when you are a parent in the military?? Do you know that refusal of orders can land you behind bars?

You sir, are a fucking moron

1) the kid was 10 months old at the time of deployment.
2) the parent of a small child is obliged to have on file with the military authorities a plan for child care in the even of deployments. This woman did have a plan, but the person who was supposed to take care of the kid backed out at the last minute. Poor planning on her part should not be a problem for other folks.

I think she should have had a better plan for childcare, like she was supposed to.

The army did giver her another option (Foster care) which she refused.

She had a care plan and you can't really blame her for her mother backing out at the last minute. The Army requires a care plan for single parents before they are assigned to a deployable so it appears her Unit accepted her care plan. This was not a case if neglect or shady business so it's rather disturbing to see the military react with a court martial. However, this is progress from imprisoning and torturing Americans (some died) for refusing deployment. I'm also guessing the media play with have an effect. She will probably get a General Discharge that will become an Honorable one within 6-12 months.

And just why is this item news?

Do you have ANY clue on how the military works?? Do you know you are REQUIRED to post custody plans and have this all planned out when you are a parent in the military?? Do you know that refusal of orders can land you behind bars?

She had a custody plan in place.

It doesn't matter where the father is. The fact is she has nobody to leave the child with. Do you agree that is Court Martial material? What you call "missing information" looks more like a way to agree with the Court Martial.

I do agree with it. She just didn't show up. As the Army rep said, "the Army would not deploy a single parent with no one to care for her child". She should have shown up at the time she was required to. She would not have been forced onto the aircraft, but "she was afraid". No, she was stupid.

She should be court martialed. She shouldn't serve any time in prison, but she should be kicked out of the service.

-TSO

She would have been forced on the plane and her child would have been placed in foster care, as her Unit commanders told her that. Please try to get informed before making such a demonstrably false comment.

It doesn't matter where the father is. The fact is she has nobody to leave the child with. Do you agree that is Court Martial material? What you call "missing information" looks more like a way to agree with the Court Martial.

I do agree with it. She just didn't show up. As the Army rep said, "the Army would not deploy a single parent with no one to care for her child". She should have shown up at the time she was required to. She would not have been forced onto the aircraft, but "she was afraid". No, she was stupid.

She should be court martialed. She shouldn't serve any time in prison, but she should be kicked out of the service.

-TSO

She would have been forced on the plane and her child would have been placed in foster care, as her Unit commanders told her that. Please try to get informed before making such a demonstrably false comment.

Umm I think that was based on what she said and not verified by the military?

-TSO

So no you're accusing her of lying? Based on what? Foster Care is not a foreign tool:

"In the event of an accident and no FCP has been established, the hospital could notify the local Department of Human Services and the children could be placed in temporary foster care."
FCP

So no you're accusing her of lying? Based on what? Foster Care is not a foreign tool:

"In the event of an accident and no FCP has been established, the hospital could notify the local Department of Human Services and the children could be placed in temporary foster care."
FCP

I accused her of lying?

Not at all, I have been in the military and have been lied to by the military.

-TSO

And she should be required to refund any $s spent on education etc by the US taxpayer. She has not fulfilled her contract.

The military booting her for this wouldn't exactly fall into the Palin category of fulfilling one's duties but I'm not surprised by the sociopathic reactions.

-TSO

And she should be required to refund any $s spent on education etc by the US taxpayer. She has not fulfilled her contract.

The military booting her for this wouldn't exactly fall into the Palin category of fulfilling one's duties but I'm not surprised by the sociopathic reactions.

Exhibit B as evidence of your complete lack of knowledge about the military

And if you do not use it when ordered to deploy, or order to serve duty in a place where you are not allowed to take children, you are in violation of orders... punishable by little things including being put behind bars

FCP

I accused her of lying?

So when I pointed out she was told she would deploy and her child would be placed in foster care, what was your response? It was to say that was not "verified" by the military. Please explain where her child would be when she was deployed?

Last edited:

-TSO

So it is your belief (and hers) that she would have shown up for duty with her child. The child would have been taken from her, placed into foster care and then she would have been placed on the aircraft at gun point?

Really?

-TSO

And if you do not use it when ordered to deploy, or order to serve duty in a place where you are not allowed to take children, you are in violation of orders... punishable by little things including being put behind bars

She couldn't use it because the person back out at the last minute.

FCP

I accused her of lying?

So when I pointed out she was told she would deploy and her child would be placed in foster care, what was your response? It was to say that was not "verified" by the military. Please explain where her child would be when she was deployed?

ahh but would she have been deployed had she shown up with child in arms?

-TSO

So it is your belief (and hers) that she would have shown up for duty with her child. The child would have been taken from her, placed into foster care and then she would have been placed on the aircraft at gun point?

Really?

-TSO

If she refused she would have been arrested for refusing to deploy. Either way, the claim that she should have shown up with her son and she would not have been forced to deploy, or arrested, is a bit odd. You say she was stupid for not showing up to deploy with her child.

She couldn't use it because the person back out at the last minute.

And that excuse has been used more than once.. the requirement is to have a current and viable plan for any deployment.. that is the responsibility of the soldier parent... I had to have it, my ex-wife had to as well.. and it could not just be the other one of us, as we could both be deployed... and we had to keep it continually updated

But nice try

I accused her of lying?

ahh but would she have been deployed had she shown up with child in arms?

She would have been forced to deploy and if she refused she would have been arrested and her son placed in foster care.

Forum List

Back