US reaches trade deal with China (phase 1)

The details are still being ironed out. Do you know all the details? The fact that it did not plummet is an excellent sign.

Wow...we went from watching the boom to "hey at least it did not fall"...which in fact it did more than 150 points after the details of the deal became more well known.
Just watch and see what happens.

That is what you told us to do Thursday...right now the futures are up less than a half a percent...you explosion is not going to happen because there is nothing in this deal to be excited about and nothing that was worth the 2 years of pain it caused
You’re like my kids. Looking for instant gratification and communicating with emojis. Patience.
U.S. top trade negotiator praises deal, China remains cautious

WOW....the US top trade negotiator praised the deal he worked out...who the fuck saw that coming?

Did you expect him to say "well this deal is pretty much a nothing burger?

The best you can do is this guy saying it is a good thing?

That alone should tell you something...but you are too blinded to see it.
Chinese markets at an 8 month high. Did you miss that part? There is pressure on China to get the deal done sooner than later. As more details come out, our markets should benefit as well. You’re such a little cynic.

The details are still being ironed out. Do you know all the details? The fact that it did not plummet is an excellent sign.

Wow...we went from watching the boom to "hey at least it did not fall"...which in fact it did more than 150 points after the details of the deal became more well known.

That is what you told us to do Thursday...right now the futures are up less than a half a percent...you explosion is not going to happen because there is nothing in this deal to be excited about and nothing that was worth the 2 years of pain it caused
You’re like my kids. Looking for instant gratification and communicating with emojis. Patience.

WOW....the US top trade negotiator praised the deal he worked out...who the fuck saw that coming?

How about this, little anti Trumper cynic.

Stock market news: December 16, 2019

Chinese markets at an 8 month high. Did you miss that part? There is pressure on China to get the deal done sooner than later. As more details come out, our markets should benefit as well. You’re such a little cynic.

I am not surprised they are up, they liked things the way they were...and that is basically what this phase of the trade deal does...

You should be a bit concerned that China thinks it is a good deal...but you are too blinded to look beyond what you are told by Trump and his people.

WOW...what big boom...

upload_2019-12-16_7-37-33.png

I am just a cynic period, has nothing to do with Trump.

WOW...what big boom...

View attachment 295040
The markets have not even opened yet and they are up 50!?! LOL

WOW...what big boom...

View attachment 295040

You do not understand Futures....do you?

The details are still being ironed out
Tariffs: A History of Repeated Failure
Trump-1024x617.jpg

Despite the fancy rationalization for these tariffs, we’ve already seen this movie play out multiple times throughout US history. The ending has always been the same: more expensive goods for consumers and the initiation of trade wars.

&&&&&&&&&&

Despite America’s troubled history of flirting with destructive tariff policies, the Trump administration believes that it can still defy the laws of economic by relentlessly pushing for steel tariffs.

~S~
I do not mind paying 25% more for sneakers if they are made in the US or if in exchange China has to buy more products from us.
You don't see all the opportunity for more corruption? Last thing we need is more corruption. Politicians meddling with trade will not end well. Markets work better than politicians.

Wow...what an explosion! :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

View attachment 295001
May we wait til it opens on Monday please?

Your post was made on Thursday...that was Friday's boom!

qgj6nTF.gif
They didn’t process what the true impact would be. Let’s see what happens next week. Shall we?
Do you think we really got anything? Before this all started we sold lots of agriculture products to China. It seems all that has been done is trump will lower his tariffs that decreased our exports to China in agriculture. I haven't heard of any tariffs they are lowering. Seems we are probably not even back to where we were when trump started.
50% reduction in some as I understand it. Time will tell.
Can you share any reports that they are lowering tariffs? I haven't seen anything like that.

WOW...what big boom...

View attachment 295040

Yahoo Finance - Stock Market Live, Quotes, Business & Finance News

Dow up 174 and it is 11AM ET. So I believe I do and you do not.

WOW...what big boom...

View attachment 295040

The day is young...not to mention less than a 1% gain is not really much to brag about.

The day is young...not to mention less than a 1% gain is not really much to brag about.

So now 174 in 2 hours is not enough for you?!?!?! Oh my goodness. How big of a gain would impress you?

So now 174 in 2 hours is not enough for you?!?!?! Oh my goodness. How big of a gain would impress you?

Anything less than 1% is not really impressive. I notice you keep touting the amount and not the percentage. The percentage is all that really matters.

Seems you should know this...

Anything less than 1% is not really impressive. I notice you keep touting the amount and not the percentage. The percentage is all that really matters.

You did not answer my question.

upload_2019-12-16_10-29-36.png

Now this is a pretty good gain...and it is good because the small caps have been hit the hardest by the trade war.

Yes I did...anything over 1% would start to impress.

View attachment 295055

Now this is a pretty good gain...and it is good because the small caps have been hit the hardest by the trade war.

Still have not answered my question.

NASD: 1.08% so you're impressed?

Cool

Cool

We shall see at the end of the day...sort of silly to make a judgment call this early on. This point on Friday they were all up more than this...and then boom...they went down.

Cool

I am pretty happy with NVIDIA so far today....nice jump...they benefit from the end of the stupid trade war.

Forum List

Back