US reaches trade deal with China (phase 1)

So now 174 in 2 hours is not enough for you?!?!?! Oh my goodness. How big of a gain would impress you?

Anything less than 1% is not really impressive. I notice you keep touting the amount and not the percentage. The percentage is all that really matters.

Seems you should know this...

You did not answer my question.

Yes I did...anything over 1% would start to impress.

NASD: 1.08% so you're impressed?

Cool

I am pretty happy with NVIDIA so far today....nice jump...they benefit from the end of the stupid trade war.

The Dow Jones index has gained 11.2% since bottoming out on 08/14/19.

Anything less than 1% is not really impressive. I notice you keep touting the amount and not the percentage. The percentage is all that really matters.

Seems you should know this...

Cool

I am pretty happy with NVIDIA so far today....nice jump...they benefit from the end of the stupid trade war.

And it has gained a whooping 8.59% total since the start of the trade war almost 700 days ago. That is why a gain of less than 1% is not doing much for me...there is a lot that needs to be done to be worth almost 2 years of stagnation.

Cool

And it has gained a whooping 8.59% total since the start of the trade war almost 700 days ago. That is why a gain of less than 1% is not doing much for me...there is a lot that needs to be done to be worth almost 2 years of stagnation.

Market will have its ups and downs but The Dow crossed 28,332, so it has gained 10,000 points (54%), since Trump’s election victory on November 8, 2016. The benchmark S&P 500 has gained more than 46%. That includes the "stupid trade war".

“The rally has been driven by pro-growth measures, de-escalation of trade tensions, huge liquidity injections by central banks and a FOMO approach by investors worried about missing out on a remarkable U.S. market outperformance that has set one record high after the other.” Mohamed El-Arian

Mohamed A. El-Erian - Wikipedia

Market will have its ups and downs but The Dow crossed 28,332, so it has gained 10,000 points (54%), since Trump’s election victory on November 8, 2016. The benchmark S&P 500 has gained more than 46%. That includes the "stupid trade war".

Yep, he had amazing growth in the markets till he started his stupid ass trade war...that is why the results need to be a bit more than what we have seen so far.

Yep, he had amazing growth in the markets till he started his stupid ass trade war...that is why the results need to be a bit more than what we have seen so far.

If someone told you on Nov 8th 2016 that on Dec 16th 2019 the market would gain 10k pts / 54%, would you be satisfied? Come on man.

If someone told you on Nov 8th 2016 that on Dec 16th 2019 the market would gain 10k pts / 54%, would you be satisfied? Come on man.

I am never satisfied. 2 years of stagnation puts a crimp on the retirement planning.

If someone told you on Jan 22 1018 that on Dec 16th 2019 the market gain would be 8.6% would you be satisfied?

I am never satisfied. 2 years of stagnation puts a crimp on the retirement planning.

If someone told you on Jan 22 1018 that on Dec 16th 2019 the market gain would be 8.6% would you be satisfied?

You have not answered my question. So on 11/08/16 a 54% jump in three years would not have satisfied you? Yes, I would. Nearly 9% or 4.4 per year? That is a decent return given low interest rates that pay less than 2% on money market accounts. Plus I dollar cost averaged so it works out well.

You have not answered my question. So on 11/08/16 a 54% jump in three years would not have satisfied you? Yes, I would. Nearly 9%? That is an excellent return.

I did answer your question...do try and pay attention.

9% in two year is an excellent return? Shit dude, no wonder you like Trump so much...you have very low expectations in life

You have not answered my question. So on 11/08/16 a 54% jump in three years would not have satisfied you? Yes, I would. Nearly 9%? That is an excellent return.

9% in two year is an excellent return? Shit dude, no wonder you like Trump so much...you have very low expectations in life

I clarified my statement. Keep in mind, money market rates are less than 2%. What return would you like and if you dollar cost average, what is your true return? over 3 years it is 54%!!! Markets have cycles.

I clarified my statement. Keep in mind, money market rates are less than 2%. What return would you like and if you dollar cost average, what is your true return? over 3 years it is 54%!!! Markets have cycles.

Yes, markets have cycles that normally correspond with economic cycles, which is why during what some claim is the best economy in our nations history I want more than 9% growth of the DJI over 2 years. I want more than 6% small caps over 2 years in this booming economy. The more growth during the good times, the less pain during the bad that are coming.

Yes, markets have cycles that normally correspond with economic cycles, which is why during what some claim is the best economy in our nations history I want more than 9% growth of the DJI over 2 years. I want more than 6% small caps over 2 years in this booming economy. The more growth during the good times, the less pain during the bad that are coming.

You just said you were never satisfied so 9% or 900% would be irrelevant to you. 54% over 3 years doesn't impress you it seems.

You just said you were never satisfied so 9% or 900% would be irrelevant to you. 54% over 3 years doesn't impress you it seems.

It does not impress me when I know that 45 of the 54 of that came in the first year.

It does not impress me when I know that 45 of the 54 of that came in the first year.

Why does it matter when it comes so long as it does? Markets will have ups and downs if you left your money in the market and dollar cost averaged you're up how much over 3 years? But again you admitted you're never satisfied. If it were 15%, 15%, 24% over 3 yrs, you would still not be satisfied.

Why does it matter when it comes so long as it does? Markets will have ups and downs if you left your money in the market and dollar cost averaged you're up how much over 3 years? But again you admitted you're never satisfied. If it were 15%, 15%, 24% over 3 yrs, you would still not be satisfied.

It matters because I know how good it could have been.

I am not sure why you are satisfied with "good enough". Are you that way at work..."well boss you should be satisfied, it was good enough."?

It matters because I know how good it could have been.

I am not sure why you are satisfied with "good enough". Are you that way at work..."well boss you should be satisfied, it was good enough."?

Could have been? What if in three years the growth is 200% because of some current pain points. I am my own boss. But I always tell my clients to view plans like chess players. Long term strategy. Thing multiple moves ahead not one or two. It is OK to sacrifice some pieces in order to garner victory.

Could have been? What if in three years the growth is 200% because of some current pain points.

Then I would be very happy.

I am my own boss. But I always tell my clients to view plans like chess players. Long term strategy. Thing multiple moves ahead not one or two. It is OK to sacrifice some pieces in order to garner victory.

The problem with that is most people do not know the right piece to sacrifice.

If you are truly what you say you are, then you understand that a recession/down turn is inevitable. It is not an "if" but a "when".

That is why maximized growth during this "boom" is essential.

Could have been? What if in three years the growth is 200% because of some current pain points.

I am my own boss. But I always tell my clients to view plans like chess players. Long term strategy. Thing multiple moves ahead not one or two. It is OK to sacrifice some pieces in order to garner victory.

If you are truly what you say you are, then you understand that a recession/down turn is inevitable. It is not an "if" but a "when".

If I tell you we will have an earthquake in Cali then I would be correct, eventually. We could hit a recession if Trump loses in 2020. If he wins I do not see one over the next two years. The possible bubbles:

• Student Loan Debt
  • Leverage Market
Those are definitely huge risks, especially the latter one. Key is employment and corporate confidence. Impossible to negotiate with the Chinese when we are struggling. Negotiation now makes sense as we are doing well.

If I tell you we will have an earthquake in Cali then I would be correct, eventually. We could hit a recession if Trump loses in 2020. If he wins I do not see one over the next two years. The possible bubbles:

• Student Loan Debt
  • Leverage Market
Those are definitely huge risks, especially the latter one. Key is employment and corporate confidence. Impossible to negotiate with the Chinese when we are struggling. Negotiation now makes sense as we are doing well.

Except that market downturn/corrections are more regular and are part of the system that cannot be stopped from happening.

Employment is key, confidence be it corporate or consumer is not a key to anything. Confidence is often the highest right before the crash. Debt in general will be the next bubble, corporate and consumer is though the roof...not to mention the Fed debt that nobody seems to care about any more

• Student Loan Debt
  • Leverage Market

Except that market downturn/corrections are more regular and are part of the system that cannot be stopped from happening.

Employment is key, confidence be it corporate or consumer is not a key to anything. Confidence is often the highest right before the crash. Debt in general will be the next bubble, corporate and consumer is though the roof...not to mention the Fed debt that nobody seems to care about any more

Yes but the last two were caused by bubbles.

#1) Internet... Dot.com boom and bust

#2) Mortgage crisis

There needs to be a catalyst.

• Student Loan Debt
  • Leverage Market

Yes but the last two were caused by bubbles.

#1) Internet... Dot.com boom and bust

#2) Mortgage crisis

There needs to be a catalyst.

And neither of those two bubbles are near as large as the debt bubble when you add in the Fed Govt and most of Europe.

Forum List

Back