US Post Office Lost 3.8 BBBBBillion Last Year, Now They Are Ready For Healthcare

Republicans spent that much in a week in Iraq. No new record there. And what did we get? One of the most corrupt governments on earth who hates our guts.

The post office will never compete against "email". Connecting the dots on how that is the governments fault can only be accomplished by Republicans. They are good at "connecting the dots".

And what did we get with losing 3.8 BILLION dollars--& 787 BILLON IN DEBT--30 more postal jobs "saved"---:lol::lol::lol:

Instead of the Federal government actually laying off workers-or eliminating Saturday deliveries---they are using the economic stimulus bill to keep them employed. The postal service is a perfect example of that.--:clap2::clap2:

Whereas when the private sector sees a problem they immediately react to it--by cutting back their expenses. Not the government though.

Last edited:
Other than the military, can anyone name one thing the govt does that is worth our tax dollars?

The Military stands alone and the only thing they've managed to do right - and that is despite their best efforts to wreck it!

You're right. In spite of Republicans sending the soldiers out with rusty and old equipment, slashing veterans benefits, and sending them off to fight in a country that never attacked us, the military has done an admirable job, doing everything that was asked.

Republicans spent that much in a week in Iraq. No new record there. And what did we get? One of the most corrupt governments on earth who hates our guts.

The post office will never compete against "email". Connecting the dots on how that is the governments fault can only be accomplished by Republicans. They are good at "connecting the dots".

And what did we get with losing 3.8 BILLION dollars--& 787 BILLON IN DEBT--30 more postal jobs "saved"---:lol::lol::lol:

Instead of the Federal government actually laying off workers-or eliminating Saturday deliveries---they are using the economic stimulus bill to keep them employed. The postal service is a perfect example of that.--:clap2::clap2:

Whereas when the private sector sees a problem they immediately react to it--by cutting back their expenses. Not the government though.

The "private sector" set up a $516 TRILLION DOLLAR derivative ponzi scheme and stole all our money.

You really are clueless.

How much is the Marxist Ponzi scheme known as "Social Security" in the hole?

Social Security is not in the hole yet.

And as Americans get fatter and fatter, fewer will make it to Social Security.

You are a willing and aware liar.

All the T-bills that are in the "trust fund" as "assets" are merely taxes that haven't been paid yet.

OASI is broke, and anyone with a shred of intellectual honesty (which excludes you) knows it.

Sorry, as Yogi said, it ain't over till it's over.

And it ain't over yet.

The post office is a non profit.

It has to be in the red by definition.

In thirty years they have never lost one of my letters.

You haters are idiots.

that has nothing to do with the jerks who run the place....

The only jerks are the Republicans who oppose the public option.

What a bunch of lying pussies!
and what the fuck does that have to do with the PO?.....talk about jerks....

since the PO is not hiring and something like 50 thousand people have left in the last 2 years one wonders what your talking about.....

Dude, I politely disagree about Social Security. With folks living longer the retirement age will need to be adjusted again. Heck, the payout scale may be rolled back. Good or bad we can argue, but if managed with ANY intelligence it will be there. Heck, to get them adjustments made it will probably take a lame duck fall guy in office though since folks are so short sighted.

I agree ideally we would not need social security. Due to human failings and me not wanting 1/3 of the old folks I know to either move in with me or die on the street we need it.

If actual corporations are allowed to perform under free market capitalism rules, where the decisions are based on profit, productivity, and efficiency, the taxpayer is not left holding the bag.

You might want to rethink this process, and see the effect of unions on productivity.

Unions are like Communists in Cuba. Unregulated and crooked capitalism looked so bad the Castros look good.

About the Post Office. It's a necessary evil. The only other option is allowing, no forcing, a private company to deliver all the mail but I feel we wouldn't gain anything because it would need babysat so much.

The Post Office debt I'd fix by letting them raise the price of stamps then yes, consolidating.

Now one who voted for either Bush or Reagan the second time is allowed to complain about budget defic

Nonsense.

First of all, there is no actual money in the cynically dubbed "trust fund". In fact, if you and I ran such a "trust fund" out in the real world, we'd be bunking with Bernie Madoff.

Secondly, the demographic train wreck on the horizon won't be sustainable, viz. enough taxpayers to keep the program afloat.

Forum List

Back