US Post Office Lost 3.8 BBBBBillion Last Year, Now They Are Ready For Healthcare

The post office does a great job.

I have used them to pay my bills for 30 years, and they have never lost a single letter!

thats because of the people who actually work and move the mail Chris....Postal Management is very inefficient and waste time and money .....and that is what i believe this thread is aiming at....Management

If they are so inefficient, how is it that they are able to transport a letter coast to coast in under a week for only 44 cents?

Show me a private company that could match the price and efficiency of the Post Office and cover ALL the current routes in the US

You'd have a point IF the USPO was not heavily in the red. As it is, all you are demonstrating is that you are an idiot.

In the ‘70’s the USPS tried to close 12,000 underperforming or underutilized post offices, but politicians amended the Postal Reorganization Act to prohibit the closings. Why? Unions.

Unions aren't the source of this. The biggest cause is people pissing and moaning about their neighborhood post office closing.

can someone name me 1 government agency that actually doesn't lose money?

well I was gonna say the IRS,, but forget that,, obamalama has us 20 trillion or so in debt in ten years.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: totally inept, stupid ,impotent and dumbocrats want totallin inept stupid impotent people to run their healthcare,, that's exactly why we call them DUmmies@

apples to oranges...a dying system to a growing system....yall are just real sad with this ruse

except I don't think they have ever made money,, same with Amtrak.

in the nineties they made small profits a few times,as well as lost.....and when they made money guess who took the cash to use for their purposes?....yep the US Congress....

Just goes to show you that the fucking government can't do anything right.

Even with a monopoly on letter delivery they still can't break even.

letters havent done shit for the PO in the last decade dude....its all the other stuff that makes any money....its piss poor management,that does not have to answer to anyone,about the money they squander....and if you worked there for just 6 months....you would know EXACTLY what i am talking about....the PO would be holding their own if they had better managers AND if they would eliminate the dead weight in middle management....who are the ones wasting money....big time....

what? you can't be advocating firing a federal employee.

watch it harry, you're gonna get lynched talking like that.

make sure you have your shield bracelet and blasting rod handy.

Just goes to show you that the fucking government can't do anything right.

Even with a monopoly on letter delivery they still can't break even.

letters havent done shit for the PO in the last decade dude....its all the other stuff that makes any money....its piss poor management,that does not have to answer to anyone,about the money they squander....and if you worked there for just 6 months....you would know EXACTLY what i am talking about....the PO would be holding their own if they had better managers AND if they would eliminate the dead weight in middle management....who are the ones wasting money....big time....

what? you can't be advocating firing a federal employee.

watch it harry, you're gonna get lynched talking like that.

make sure you have your shield bracelet and blasting rod handy.
not fire lay off....IF they cant find something constructive and HELPS with the mail flow not hinder it, for these useless people to do,then yea sayanara....they would not only save millions on their salaries....but Billions on the waste these people perpetuate....

[
This is the biggest disaster the country has faced since its founding.... $24.5 trillion debt by 2014 - and that's before they factor in healthcare.

God help us, we really are sheep.

Yeah! Darn health care with it's deficit reduction adding to the debt. O wait...

You would be refering to the CBO who determined Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae needed $25b. to right themselves in early 2008. Then it became $300b. six months later. Remember they are basing their numbers on a model. A model that assumes doctors and hospitals agree to their plan. Citizens don't buy insurance to the tune of $180b. in fines. Little things like that, which can translate to huge deficits.

A want to clarify that I appreciate the Postal Service. It is one the services government runs which does pretty good for the most part. Most agencies would be very successful if they could do as well. I only use it as a example to point out how unlikely health care coverage is to be a cost savings or efficient, when the USPS is as good as it gets in government.

The post office will pick up a letter at my house in NJ and deliver it to my brothers house in California within a week.........all for 44 cents

I would not deliver a letter to the other side of town for 44 cents

The reason they lose money is that they are not allowed to operate as a business. They are forced to keep routes in rural areas (also known as Red States) where they can't be efficient. They also have to charege everyone the same 44 cents

If you want the Post Office to make a profit, many of you will no longer be getting mail delivery

i don't care if they make a profit. But I do care that they can't even break even so it becomes just another government fuck up that i end up subsidizing even if i don't use the post office as much as someone else.

If you want them to break even, you have to let them say "Fuck You" to the Red States and allow them not to deliver to rural areas. That includes deliveries to Sarah Palins moose lodge in Podunk Falls Alaska.

The post office is a model of efficiency. Show me a private business that could cover the delivery area of the Post Office for 44 cents a letter

You stupid ass, upper state New York has more rural area than most any state in the union other than Alaska with 80% is unpopulated. Same with PA, CA, OR, WA,WV which are all blue states.

Damn do they make people any stupider.

In the ‘70’s the USPS tried to close 12,000 underperforming or underutilized post offices, but politicians amended the Postal Reorganization Act to prohibit the closings. Why? Unions.

Unions aren't the source of this. The biggest cause is people pissing and moaning about their neighborhood post office closing.

You're slippin,' bro.

Let's see some scholarship here, some links and documentation.

Unlearn those public school habits.

i don't care if they make a profit. But I do care that they can't even break even so it becomes just another government fuck up that i end up subsidizing even if i don't use the post office as much as someone else.

If you want them to break even, you have to let them say "Fuck You" to the Red States and allow them not to deliver to rural areas. That includes deliveries to Sarah Palins moose lodge in Podunk Falls Alaska.

The post office is a model of efficiency. Show me a private business that could cover the delivery area of the Post Office for 44 cents a letter

You stupid ass, upper state New York has more rural area than most any state in the union other than Alaska with 80% is unpopulated. Same with PA, CA, OR, WA,WV which are all blue states.

Is "stupider" a word?

Is "stupider" a word?

And you just proved it.

stu·pid (stpd, sty-)
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless:

Is "stupider" a word?

And you just proved it.

stu·pid (stpd, sty-)
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless:

Thanks...guess I will have to take your word for it.

You being an expert on all things Stupid

You're slippin,' bro.

Let's see some scholarship here, some links and documentation.

Unlearn those public school habits.

no he is right PC....they were going to close the one i work out of....and it is VERY profitable....dont ask why,i am as dumbfounded as the people in this zip who use it....but anyway the people complained REAL loud.....it is no longer on the closing list.....

The post office is a non profit.

It has to be in the red by definition.

In thirty years they have never lost one of my letters.

You haters are idiots.

Forum List

Back