US Post Office Lost 3.8 BBBBBillion Last Year, Now They Are Ready For Healthcare

Just goes to show you that the fucking government can't do anything right.

Even with a monopoly on letter delivery they still can't break even.

The post office will pick up a letter at my house in NJ and deliver it to my brothers house in California within a week.........all for 44 cents

I would not deliver a letter to the other side of town for 44 cents

The reason they lose money is that they are not allowed to operate as a business. They are forced to keep routes in rural areas (also known as Red States) where they can't be efficient. They also have to charege everyone the same 44 cents

If you want the Post Office to make a profit, many of you will no longer be getting mail delivery

i don't care if they make a profit. But I do care that they can't even break even so it becomes just another government fuck up that i end up subsidizing even if i don't use the post office as much as someone else.

If you want them to break even, you have to let them say "Fuck You" to the Red States and allow them not to deliver to rural areas. That includes deliveries to Sarah Palins moose lodge in Podunk Falls Alaska.

The post office is a model of efficiency. Show me a private business that could cover the delivery area of the Post Office for 44 cents a letter

The post office does a great job.

I have used them to pay my bills for 30 years, and they have never lost a single letter!

The right to bear arms is in the Marxist agenda for a complete ban.

The government does not want people armed when they are being told that there is a two year delay for emergency CAT Scans . Nor when they are being told that they have a right to see a doctor but it will take 1 year for an appointment.

So, as you can imagine, the bureaucrats do not want the people armed.

The post office will pick up a letter at my house in NJ and deliver it to my brothers house in California within a week.........all for 44 cents

The reason they lose money is that they are not allowed to operate as a business. They are forced to keep routes in rural areas (also known as Red States) where they can't be efficient. They also have to charege everyone the same 44 cents

If you want the Post Office to make a profit, many of you will no longer be getting mail delivery

i don't care if they make a profit. But I do care that they can't even break even so it becomes just another government fuck up that i end up subsidizing even if i don't use the post office as much as someone else.

If you want them to break even, you have to let them say "Fuck You" to the Red States and allow them not to deliver to rural areas. That includes deliveries to Sarah Palins moose lodge in Podunk Falls Alaska.

The post office is a model of efficiency. Show me a private business that could cover the delivery area of the Post Office for 44 cents a letter

hey there are plenty of towns in New England where everyone has to have a post office box and pick up their own fucking mail so what's the big deal?

And it is not a model of efficiency if the post office loses billions of dollars.

is that more dimocrat math? lose a ton of dough and claim you are a model of efficiency?

Last edited:

Hmmmm. They're not actually able to deliver the service for 44 cents though, are they? If they were, they wouldn't be in the red to over $3 billion taxpayers money, would they?

A private service would certainly be more expensive but it would run profitably.... or just fucking break even.

This is the biggest disaster the country has faced since its founding.... $24.5 trillion debt by 2014 - and that's before they factor in healthcare.

God help us, we really are sheep.

So if the USPS had bought every man woman and child a $760 computer and $240 for internet service last year they would be out $3b. Of course, they would have put themselves out of business too. Just saying.

hey there are plenty of towns in New England where everyone has to have a post office box and pick up their own fucking mail so what's the big deal?

And it is not a model of efficiency if the post office loses billions of dollars.

is that more dimocrat math? lose a ton of dough and claim you are a model of efficiency?

If the Red State Republicans are willing to give up their subsidized deliveries then the Postal Service would have no problem turning a profit. Postal customers in urban areas pay a premium so that farmers can have deliveries made to their door

What a douche bag. They don't "cover it" for 44 cents... they CHARGE 44 cents. The real cost of "covering it" is much higher. But, unlike private industry.. they have a blank check to lose as much as they want.

Bottom line is that when a private business loses money, it's part of business. But if it's the USPS, it's a bad government agency. If the USPS raised their rate by $.02 per letter/package, they would have shown a small profit.

Something else to consider; let's say we shut down the USPS, since it is so inefficient. Guess how much everyone would have to pay to UPS or Fed Ex to have a letter delivered? Just a hunch, but I bet it would be a hell of a lot more than $.42.

I just get sick of the USPS being used as a whipping tool when it is one of the best run agencies in the Federal Government and when it also keeps UPS and Fed Ex competetive with their rates. Hey, there are plenty of really messed up goverenment agencies and programs to attack. Attacking the USPS is laughable to me.

The post office does a great job.

I have used them to pay my bills for 30 years, and they have never lost a single letter!

There is a common theme among your idiotic posts Chris. A fundamental problem you don't recognize. You point to France as this great health care system. You point to the U.S. post office as this great deliverer of mail. Yet you conveniently gloss over the common problem that both have. THEY ARE BOTH HEMORAGING MONEY. It doesn't matter how efficient they are, neither can continue infitum by running at a defecit.

Last edited:
Have any of you checked out the Office of Management and Budget's figures (available on the WH website)?

$24.5 trillion debt by 2019. That figure does not include the current plans - healthcare, etc. That's 500% of our GDP.

What will our GDP be in 2019?

To assume debt will go up but GDP will not is misleading

apples to oranges...a dying system to a growing system....yall are just real sad with this ruse

except I don't think they have ever made money,, same with Amtrak.

Amtrak is another example of a Govenment entity with restrictions that keep it from turning a profit

If Amtrak were run as a business it would only run trains on the Boston to Washington corridor and from NY to Chicago. That is where the money is

However, each Congressman insists that Amtrak run passenger service through his district.

How much money did the military make last year?

Where are you going with this? They aren't suppossed to make money. Nothing government does is suppossed to be profitable.

Well, then we should privatize all of government. I mean if it is not there to make money, turn it over to the private sector. It would be much more efficient to have our military run by private companies anyway.

apples to oranges...a dying system to a growing system....yall are just real sad with this ruse

except I don't think they have ever made money,, same with Amtrak.

Amtrak is another example of a Govenment entity with restrictions that keep it from turning a profit

If Amtrak were run as a business it would only run trains on the Boston to Washington corridor and from NY to Chicago. That is where the money is

However, each Congressman insists that Amtrak run passenger service through his district.

just another government boondoggle that we get to pay for.

Hell I've never ridden fucking Amtrak and I have to pay for it.

Bottom line is that when a private business loses money, it's part of business. But if it's the USPS, it's a bad government agency. If the USPS raised their rate by $.02 per letter/package, they would have shown a small profit.

Something else to consider; let's say we shut down the USPS, since it is so inefficient. Guess how much everyone would have to pay to UPS or Fed Ex to have a letter delivered? Just a hunch, but I bet it would be a hell of a lot more than $.42.

I just get sick of the USPS being used as a whipping tool when it is one of the best run agencies in the Federal Government and when it also keeps UPS and Fed Ex competetive with their rates. Hey, there are plenty of really messed up goverenment agencies and programs to attack. Attacking the USPS is laughable to me.

Fallacy #1: If they raise rates, USPS will make money. Nope, just deliver less mail or at least that is what has happened the last ten years.

Fallacy #2: UPS or FedEx will deliver mail, if the USPS doesn't. No, you will have to use a computer to communicate, or phone.

Fallacy #3: Since there are more messed up agencies than the USPS, it is not fair to question them. Wrong, althougth you echo what I and others have said before, as one of the MOST efficient agencies in government, it should serve as waring to keep government out of as many things as possible.

Fallacy #1: If they raise rates, USPS will make money. Nope, just deliver less mail or at least that is what has happened the last ten years.

Fallacy #2: UPS or FedEx will deliver mail, if the USPS doesn't. No, you will have to use a computer to communicate, or phone.

Fallacy #3: Since there are more messed up agencies than the USPS, it is not fair to question them. Wrong, althougth you echo what I and others have said before, as one of the MOST efficient agencies in government, it should serve as waring to keep government out of as many things as possible.

So, we would go without mail service if they shut the USPS down? Are you out of your mind? Despite the amount of mail that has found alternate paths of late, almost all businesses and all people still use the USPS to some extent for the delivery of regular mail. Honestly, I think that most conservatives on this board have lost their minds.

I remember the days when the mailman (pre letter carrier days) walked his route with a mailbag slung over his shoulder. Then they got those wheeled things they hung the mailbags on and pushed them along the route. Now though, at least where I live, each carrier drives a vehicle. They park, deliver to mayber 6-8 houses, hop back in and drive a bit farther down the street, park and deliver, and that cycle repeats over and over the length of the route.

So if that's how it's done nationally now think about the investment they've got in vehicles, upkeep, gas, insurance, etc., etc., etc. Not surprising at all they're losing billions a year.

Forum List

Back