US Needs to Send Ground Troops to Fight ISIS, NOW.

So you think the US invasion and occupation of Iraq was a case of self-defense and not a war for O-I-L?
"The number of displaced persons, both internal (within Iraq) and external (refugees, mainly in Jordan and Syria) ranged from estimates of 3.5 million to 5 million or more, which were directly attributable to the war. Virtually all first-hand accounts blamed violence as the cause of moving, or threats of ethnic or sectarian cleansing of neighborhoods."

Interesting ... "threats of ethnic or sectarian cleansing of neighborhoods."
Do you have anything which implicates American troops in a crime which allegedly displaced 3.5 to 5 million Iraqis?

The 2003 US invasion of Iraq resulted in an Iraqi insurgency that fueled a giant level of emigration and internal displacement. Between October 2013 and March 2005 700,000 Iraqis fled to Syria alone.

Entire neighborhoods in Baghdad were ethnically cleansed by Shia and Sunni militias whose families had intermarried and lived side by side to each other prior to March 2003.

Sectarian violence in Iraq - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So the ethnic cleansing to which you refer was perpetrated by Shia and Sunni MUSLIMS taking advantage of any opportunity to do so.

You blame America - something you do consistently - while I'd say it's just the nature of the Islamist beast.
Thank you.
Why aren't Sunni and Shiite slaughtering each other in the US and UK and Indonesia to the same extent they are in Iraq, Libya, and Syria?

Muslims - Sunni and Shia - are small minorities in both the US and UK who enjoy the social, educational, political and economic freedoms and opportunities which tend to mitigate the radicalism of majority Muslim countries.
Indonesia is an interesting case, however. It may be that the Sunnis outnumber Shia 200:1. It may be the Shafi'i Islam practiced by the Sunni's there is more tolerant than that practiced in Libya, Syria and Iraq. It could be that Indonesia isn't Arab or that it doesn't have the religious and tribal grudges found in so many "peaceful" Arab countries. What do you think. Oh wait ... I already know what you think: "It's America's fault!"
:alirulz:
It was America that launched a war of aggression against Iraq in 2003, instigating the "supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Evils like IS, for example.

"The International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg, which followed World War II, called the waging of aggressive war 'essentially an evil thing...to initiate a war of aggression...is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.'[2]

"Article 39 of the United Nations Charter provides that the UN Security Council shall determine the existence of any act of aggression and 'shall make recommendations, or decide what measures shall be taken in accordance with Articles 41 and 42, to maintain or restore international peace and security'"

War of aggression - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Why? It seems that we bomb ISIS then send them aid?
U.S. Humanitarian Aid Going to ISIS
If the US Government cannot get something this simple straight, do we really need to get more involved?
U.S. Humanitarian Aid Going to ISIS - The Daily Beast
So far our whole Mid-East adventure has been nothing but an EPIC FAILURE!
It's not a failure if the plan is to prop up and support radical Islam as a pretext for eternal war and the profits it brings to a lucky few. Purely hypothetically speaking, if the next whistle blower like Edward Snowden were to reveal official government documents proving beyond a shadow of a doubt the US has been providing IS with weapons and cash over the last 14 months, would you blame the messenger or the government?

Interesting ... "threats of ethnic or sectarian cleansing of neighborhoods."
Do you have anything which implicates American troops in a crime which allegedly displaced 3.5 to 5 million Iraqis?

The 2003 US invasion of Iraq resulted in an Iraqi insurgency that fueled a giant level of emigration and internal displacement. Between October 2013 and March 2005 700,000 Iraqis fled to Syria alone.

Entire neighborhoods in Baghdad were ethnically cleansed by Shia and Sunni militias whose families had intermarried and lived side by side to each other prior to March 2003.

So the ethnic cleansing to which you refer was perpetrated by Shia and Sunni MUSLIMS taking advantage of any opportunity to do so.

You blame America - something you do consistently - while I'd say it's just the nature of the Islamist beast.
Thank you.
Why aren't Sunni and Shiite slaughtering each other in the US and UK and Indonesia to the same extent they are in Iraq, Libya, and Syria?

Muslims - Sunni and Shia - are small minorities in both the US and UK who enjoy the social, educational, political and economic freedoms and opportunities which tend to mitigate the radicalism of majority Muslim countries.
Indonesia is an interesting case, however. It may be that the Sunnis outnumber Shia 200:1. It may be the Shafi'i Islam practiced by the Sunni's there is more tolerant than that practiced in Libya, Syria and Iraq. It could be that Indonesia isn't Arab or that it doesn't have the religious and tribal grudges found in so many "peaceful" Arab countries. What do you think. Oh wait ... I already know what you think: "It's America's fault!"

It was America that launched a war of aggression against Iraq in 2003, instigating the "supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

As already stated, I know what you think because it's always what you think: "It's America's fault!"

Thank you.

As already stated, I know what you think because it's always what you think: "It's America's fault!"
Because it IS.

I predict Obama will send troops by New Years. Then again, I've been known to be wrong in the past. lol

-Geaux

Forum List

Back