US Navy destroyer in Red Sea shoots down missiles fired by Houthis in Yemen, official says

The USS Carney intercepted three cruise missiles and about eight drones, Pentagon spokesman Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said later at a press briefing.

The preliminary U.S. assessment is that the USS Carney was not the target of any of the Houthi missiles or drones.

Getting froggy out there.....I bet Tater's response will be to drop five pallets of cash on the launch site. ;)

Pentagon just said they were northbound "land attack cruise missiles and drones" "possibly targeted at Israel"....developing.

Way to go Biden. Obviously the Rules of Engagement allowed the Destroyer to fire on the drones and missiles and destroy them. Well done Joe!

The fire control techs got in some live practice!
Toured the Virginia Air and Space Center one time. They had an Aegis Fire Control Simulator that a dozen or so people could sit in and take part in a simulated live fire attack. We each had seats with launch control joysticks and the attack began.......easy as pie. In a very short period, like a long bunch of seconds, everyone one was overwhelmed trying to take out incoming. It was the end......before anything got close enough for a hit, the FCO flipped on the fire control system.....My God......it took out all the incoming targets.

Talk about a kick ass weapon system.

The USS Carney intercepted three cruise missiles and about eight drones, Pentagon spokesman Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said later at a press briefing.

The preliminary U.S. assessment is that the USS Carney was not the target of any of the Houthi missiles or drones.

Getting froggy out there.....I bet Tater's response will be to drop five pallets of cash on the launch site. ;)

Pentagon just said they were northbound "land attack cruise missiles and drones" "possibly targeted at Israel"....developing.
I wasn't aware that Congress had declared war on Yemen...

I wasn't aware that Congress had declared war on Yemen...
Dems love killing families, ask Biden about his Afghan screw up.....must have learned for the Obama.

Obama also began an air campaign targeting Yemen. His first strike was a catastrophe: commanders thought they were targeting al Qaeda but instead hit a tribe with cluster munitions, killing 55 people. Twenty-one were children – 10 of them under five. Twelve were women, five of them pregnant.Jan 17, 2017

Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau.

This shoot down story is fishy. Is there any proof it happened? I’m naturally skeptical of anything our government or military claims, for obvious reasons.

All the thugs are crawling out of the woodwork now. Time to clean house and allow the Middle East finally have peace.

Just as long as the entire Arab world doesn't coordinate a huge missile attack altogether. We've llearned lately that the Iron Dome is not adequate.

So much lays in Biden's hands on keeping America's wars safely under control, as is America's war against Russia in the Ukraine.

This one has the potential to erupt out of control overnight. Tel Aviv could become a smoking parking lot before you can say, 'hypersonic'!
As could those who launched them

Forum List

Back