US Justice Dept seeks to close loopholes on some gun sales

Seems way to broad. Cleaning a firearm and looking up similar models to see what they are selling for is devoting time attention and labor. So would someone doing that to sell one gun need a FFL? Calling up my brother as asking if he wants first refusal on a gun I’m selling could be interpreted as spending time attention and labor. If they want to require everyone who sells a gun for any reason to have a FFL then at least try and be honest about it

So..interesting..appears to mainly affect part-timers, gun-show venders and the like:

The U.S. Department of Justice on Thursday proposed expanding the definition of firearms dealers who are required to obtain a federal license, implementing provisions included in last year's bipartisan gun safety law.
The proposed rule would require sellers to obtain a U.S. license if they "devote time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms," not just those who earn a "livelihood" from such sales, senior DOJ officials said.
The change means certain unlicensed sellers at gun shows and other places will now need to get licensed and run background checks on firearm buyers.
"An increasing number of individuals engaged in the business of selling firearms for profit have chosen not to register as federal firearms licensees, as required by law," Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Director Steven Dettelbach said.

"Instead, they have sought to make money through the off-book, illicit sale of firearms... This new proposed rule would clarify the circumstances in which a person is 'engaged in the business' of dealing in firearms."
Fine with me. If setting up a public display, selling to the general public, they are conducting business as a firearms dealer.

He said one, dumbass.
If you people cant follow along, why forum? Goddamn.
Who he?
You he?
You he is a tiny minded MAGAT
You he try to divert thread.
You he is a dumbass.

Attachments

• 1693511547322.png
    1693511547322.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 4
It applies to you, too, because you anti-civil rights fuckers are always bringing dumb shit like car licensing and homeowners insurance into a conversation about civil rights, which makes you look stupid and dishonest.
No, MAGAT, YOUR MAGAT brother bought cars in.
Go talk amongst your MAGAT selves and make a decision about your party line so you can toe it appropriately.

Not sure. It's not my plan, I am just repeating it.

Ask Trump if you want to know the details.

Why would people think I'm crazy? I'm just a blue collar electrical worker who is a vet. Pretty normal all things considered.
why would I ask someone about the 2nd A when theyve made it clear they dont support it??

to many a hard working person that pays their own way is the crazy one,,

the proper action is to follow the constitution and 2nd amendment,,
I'm very pro-2nd Amendment, but it doesn't address people who sell guns, only possession. It's established law that retailers can be regulated and that dates back well over two hundred years.
So if i sell my car, i need an auto dealer license?
Lol what hogwash
No, but if you make a business of selling cars you do. There are a lot of people who are actually dealers who slip through the cracks by claiming that they aren't in the business of selling guns. That's why I think the regulations need strengthening.

Forum List

Back