US issues travel warning to Bavaria

mightypeon

Aug 4, 2008
Berlin Germany (NOT MASSACHUSETS)
Germany Warden Message – July 02, 2009

For some reason, the US gouverment saw fit to issue a formal warning considering traveling to Gamisch Patenkirchen, a tourist area in Bavaria Germany.

Apperantly, a little fistfight (between 2 US servicemen in civilian clothing and a German-Turk)in a night club (with the looser shouting "I will be back you stupid yankees!") is now enough to make the US gouverment run diplomatically amok.

Personally, I never thought that Bavaria is dangerous.
Yes, the prices are dangerously high, the acolohl consumption is even higher, it also has the highest amount of legally owned guns per person (which is roughly 10% of the least gun intensive state in the US), but putting Bavaria at an equal footing with places like Afghanistan, Somalia and Sri Lanka seemse to be a bit too much :D

For some reason, the US gouverment saw fit to issue a formal warning considering traveling to Gamisch Patenkirchen, a tourist area in Bavaria Germany.

Apperantly, a little fistfight (between 2 US servicemen in civilian clothing and a German-Turk)in a night club (with the looser shouting "I will be back you stupid yankees!") is now enough to make the US gouverment run diplomatically amok.

Yes, the prices are dangerously high, the acolohl consumption is even higher, it also has the highest amount of legally owned guns per person (which is roughly 10% of the least gun intensive state in the US), but putting Bavaria at an equal footing with places like Afghanistan, Somalia and Sri Lanka seemse to be a bit too much :D

Why got to Bavaria, when we have Leavenworth, just a few hours away by car?

google Leavenworth, WA, it's a beautiful little Bavarian village in the cascades.

google Leavenworth, WA, it's a beautiful little Bavarian village in the cascades.
OMG, one can also skip Paris and see a replica of the Eiffel tower in Las Vegas. Are you serious?
I knew a woman who went to Florence and didn't bother to see the David, because she'd seen so many plaster copies of it.

Wow! I'm not even sure we put a travel warning on Berlin when we had the disco bombing that killed a US serviceman and led to the US bombing Tripoli. We had Baader-Meinhof and the RAF blowing crap up all over Bavaria and the rest of Germany and I don't remember any warnings.

Wow! I'm not even sure we put a travel warning on Berlin when we had the disco bombing that killed a US serviceman and led to the US bombing Tripoli. We had Baader-Meinhof and the RAF blowing crap up all over Bavaria and the rest of Germany and I don't remember any warnings.

That's a dangerous pre-9/11 mindset. Garmisch-Partenkirchen is serious ghetto. Above Garmisch is the Kandahar run. Coincidence?

A Turk running his mouth in a night club and getting his ass kicked for it. Pretty typical but to issue a travel warning is crazy.

I dunno, when I was there, Turks were pretty well known to be carrying knives and we gave them a wide berth.
I spent three weeks traveling all over Turkey, and never saw anyone carrying a knife, let alone a knife fight.

A Turk running his mouth in a night club and getting his ass kicked for it. Pretty typical but to issue a travel warning is crazy.

I dunno, when I was there, Turks were pretty well known to be carrying knives and we gave them a wide berth.
I spent three weeks traveling all over Turkey, and never saw anyone carrying a knife, let alone a knife fight.

in all your time in turkey, did you never meet a guy like this?

doner.jpg

You know, Doner Kebap is relativly rare in Turkey, also, Turkish Turks (especially from Istanbul) tend to be significantly more progressive, friendly and well "European" than Turks who were born in Germany.

Doener Kebaps Hamburger like variety originated from Turkish immigrants in Germany, and, since a Doener costs like 2 Euro while a McDonals meal would cost about 7, Doeners became Germanys "Hamburger" equivalent.

You know, Doner Kebap is relativly rare in Turkey, also, Turkish Turks (especially from Istanbul) tend to be significantly more progressive, friendly and well "European" than Turks who were born in Germany.

Doener Kebaps Hamburger like variety originated from Turkish immigrants in Germany, and, since a Doener costs like 2 Euro while a McDonals meal would cost about 7, Doeners became Germanys "Hamburger" equivalent.

Berlin style döner kebab might be a special form not found often in Turkey, but I had no trouble finding all kinds of kebabs all around Turkey, certainly not in Istanbul.

I live almost 30 years here is the most nices and beatifull part of south Germany, Safe well like they say you have a lots of Turks and others that dont like Americans. I find that the Turks and Imigrands are not the only reason to be Aware off, the Bavarian German Police specially when your Black can come to a problem until you Identified your self.....Otherwise the Country is safer than the USA.....

OMG, one can also skip Paris and see a replica of the Eiffel tower in Las Vegas. Are you serious?
I knew a woman who went to Florence and didn't bother to see the David, because she'd seen so many plaster copies of it.

I've been to Florence many times and never bothered to see either Davide. Both are too gay for me.

Forum List

Back