US Infantry; the best in the History of the World

I have enjoyed this discussion, and I agreed with your response except for these two items.

I don´t think so. The sheer masses of red army soldiers literally bunged up the long frontiers. If Stalin was about to attack Germany, it would have been better to destroy the spearheads and then fall back to a well fortified defensive line.

I am saying that as of June 1942, Hitler still could have led a successful war in the Soviet union. The Soviets began running out of able bodied men toward 1945 and started making units composed of all women. This bleeding out could have happened earlier, with most of the Russian population under German control had Hitler focused on taking Moscow. Had that happened the Germans could have flanked Soviet lines by going to the east and then south to cut them off. This would have forced Soviet withdrawal to the south to avoid encirclement. This is what I meant when I spoke of rolling up the Russian line.

Leningrad would have fallen of its own accord as it would then have been completely out of supply. With no Moscow, Leningrad, or Stalingrad population or any of the European Russian population west of those three cities, the Russians would have started runing out of people much earlier and Germany would have won.

There was no choice. Not only have the Americans already started to shoot at German ships (like usual without declaration of war) but the declaration was necessary in order to continue to attack the ship convoys supplying Great Britain.

OF course Hitler had a choice. The USA and Germany were in a campaign of harsh harassment with each other, but our Congress wanted blood, Japanese blood, for the Pearl Harbor sneak attack. They had no desire at all to diverting our attention to a second war, forcing us to fight on two fronts simultaneously.

Hitler brought us into the war at least two years earlier than we would have, probably.

Hitler should have ignored the USSR and strengthened his hold on Western Europe
If you knew history Leftnutter, you would know that is ridiculous.

Hitler merely beat Stalin to the punch. Stalin was just weeks away from invading, when Hitler launched operation barbarossa. Proof of this is the amazing number of Soviet troops and equipment taken by the Germans, in the early days of the invasion.

If only FDR (aka Stalin's Stooge), was not so completely compromised by Stalin's agents, the USA might have avoided that war entirely.

There is no evidence that Stalin was preparing to invade Hitler (unless you believe Nazi propaganda)
The Red Army was in no position to launch an invasion of that magnitude

How the hell could the US have avoided that war?

I have enjoyed this discussion, and I agreed with your response except for these two items.

I don´t think so. The sheer masses of red army soldiers literally bunged up the long frontiers. If Stalin was about to attack Germany, it would have been better to destroy the spearheads and then fall back to a well fortified defensive line.

I am saying that as of June 1942, Hitler still could have led a successful war in the Soviet union. The Soviets began running out of able bodied men toward 1945 and started making units composed of all women. This bleeding out could have happened earlier, with most of the Russian population under German control had Hitler focused on taking Moscow. Had that happened the Germans could have flanked Soviet lines by going to the east and then south to cut them off. This would have forced Soviet withdrawal to the south to avoid encirclement. This is what I meant when I spoke of rolling up the Russian line.

Leningrad would have fallen of its own accord as it would then have been completely out of supply. With no Moscow, Leningrad, or Stalingrad population or any of the European Russian population west of those three cities, the Russians would have started runing out of people much earlier and Germany would have won.

There was no choice. Not only have the Americans already started to shoot at German ships (like usual without declaration of war) but the declaration was necessary in order to continue to attack the ship convoys supplying Great Britain.

OF course Hitler had a choice. The USA and Germany were in a campaign of harsh harassment with each other, but our Congress wanted blood, Japanese blood, for the Pearl Harbor sneak attack. They had no desire at all to diverting our attention to a second war, forcing us to fight on two fronts simultaneously.

Hitler brought us into the war at least two years earlier than we would have, probably.

Hitler merely beat Stalin to the punch. Stalin was just weeks away from invading, when Hitler launched operation barbarossa. Proof of this is the amazing number of Soviet troops and equipment taken by the Germans, in the early days of the invasion.

If only FDR (aka Stalin's Stooge), was not so completely compromised by Stalin's agents, the USA might have avoided that war entirely.

There is no evidence that Stalin was preparing to invade Hitler (unless you believe Nazi propaganda)

Your post merely proves you know nothing about the event, which I knew anyway.

There is enormous evidence proving Stalin was about to invade, but then one must educate yourself, which you clearly have not.

The US could have avoided the war, if the POTUS was not a Soviet sympathizer.

What choice? Give up the England blockade?

There is enormous evidence proving Stalin was about to invade, but then one must educate yourself, which you clearly have not.

Good God...do you ever live in your own fantasy world

The Soviets in 1941 lacked the military command structure, equipment and logistics supply chain to support an invasion of Germany. They were deployed in a defensive posture....a weak defensive posture

FDR did not want to avoid the war...he wanted to bail out England

The idea of Stalin being totally surprised by the German attack is political motivated and only aims to shuffle a "sole blame" onto Germany. In reality, German soldiers reported they stormed the Soviet attack preparations.
In 1941, the Red Army was the largest force on earth, with 5,7 million soldiers, 20000 armored vehicles, 17000 aircraft and 34000 field and artillery guns. The Wehrmacht lost more soldiers in the first two weeks of the war against the Soviet Union, than in all prior campaigns together.

The Soviets in 1941 lacked the military command structure, equipment and logistics supply chain to support an invasion of Germany. They were deployed in a defensive posture....a weak defensive posture

So, you think Stalin thinks logically...your first mistake among many.

The Soviets had a huge number of troops and material ready to jump off. You would know this if you bothered to educate yourself.

True Stalin's Stooge wanted war, but not to bail out the fools in the UK. He wanted to bail out your buddies in Moscow.

The idea of Stalin being totally surprised by the German attack is political motivated and only aims to shuffle a "sole blame" onto Germany. In reality, German soldiers reported they stormed the Soviet attack preparations.
In 1941, the Red Army was the largest force on earth, with 5,7 million soldiers, 20000 armored vehicles, 17000 aircraft and 34000 field and artillery guns. The Wehrmacht lost more soldiers in the first two weeks of the war against the Soviet Union, than in all prior campaigns together.
You just educated the uneducated.

Do you think it will succeed?

The Soviets had a huge number of troops and material ready to jump off. You would know this if you bothered to educate yourself.

True Stalin's Stooge wanted war, but not to bail out the fools in the UK. He wanted to bail out your buddies in Moscow.

You have no idea what it takes to launch an invasion do you?

It takes not only large numbers of troops but a supply structure capable of supporting them and replacing equipment.

Yea..yea.......FDR was a commie
More rightwing fantasies on your part

It takes not only large numbers of troops but a supply structure capable of supporting them and replacing equipment.

Please stop Leftnutter. You're just digging a bigger hole for yourself.

Everyone who has bothered to study the event OBJECTIVELY, knows your buddy Stalin was about to invade.

Never stated FDR was a commie...please learn to read and comprehend.

Everyone who has bothered to study the event OBJECTIVELY, knows your buddy Stalin was about to invade.

Provide your credible source rather than just restating your revisionist history

Well, there could be a political side to the 'Stalin was surprized' Theory, but then again, his air forces being caught on the ground all over Western Soviet territory kind of supports the idea.

Stalin was capable of cold diabolical logic that was consistent within its own context and his amoral Marxist values system.

Stalin had no moral intelligence, a vulnerability of all libtards and other Marxists.

Provide your credible source rather than just restating your revisionist history
Better yet, do the research yourself.

Lol, a libtard doing their own objective research?

roflmao

Surrender duly noted
Prove my point for me

Don't read Victor Suvorov (aka Rezun) anymore - he's complete lier :) There are a lot of facts, disproving his theory...

I read him and believed him a several years, till gathering some of facts and info, completely disproving him.

Red Army in June of 1941 was in study of fast grow, there was a lot of unskilled troops and officers, much of them from rural Russia.. And in early days of invasion many of them were brainwashed by soviet propaganda and believed in "proletary international brotherhood" and coming German revolution as a result of it. And also they didn't have any skills with technique - and could left almost healthy units...

Also, analyzing detail history, we can find many strange things in Western military district (at a Moscow direction)... Some facts points on a treachery from some of high soviet officers - but f*cking "soviet history science" didn't hesitate to distort a lot of facts to make them "politically correct". Why battle units were prepared to German attack at other districts and didnt' prepared in Western? Why Stalin order to execute Pavlov so fast? Why Pavlov were "so weak" in June/July of 41 - he had a real great experience and skill since WWI. What about "strange" movement of Vlasov's mech corpse - hundred kilometers without any fighting. When he desided to change the side - right in 1942, or some months early?

In addition of it, Wermacht at summer of 1941 had real quantitative superiority (about 1.5 times in Eastern front), mech superiority (including skilled technicians and organization of full-complete "wheeled" formations, which can make invasion with a great speed), and battle skills.

At least, if Stalin was really mindless and planned invasion against superior army, it would be at winter time, like all great Soviet offensive operations then...

Forum List

Back