US Infantry; the best in the History of the World

I have enjoyed this discussion, and I agreed with your response except for these two items.

I don´t think so. The sheer masses of red army soldiers literally bunged up the long frontiers. If Stalin was about to attack Germany, it would have been better to destroy the spearheads and then fall back to a well fortified defensive line.

I am saying that as of June 1942, Hitler still could have led a successful war in the Soviet union. The Soviets began running out of able bodied men toward 1945 and started making units composed of all women. This bleeding out could have happened earlier, with most of the Russian population under German control had Hitler focused on taking Moscow. Had that happened the Germans could have flanked Soviet lines by going to the east and then south to cut them off. This would have forced Soviet withdrawal to the south to avoid encirclement. This is what I meant when I spoke of rolling up the Russian line.

Leningrad would have fallen of its own accord as it would then have been completely out of supply. With no Moscow, Leningrad, or Stalingrad population or any of the European Russian population west of those three cities, the Russians would have started runing out of people much earlier and Germany would have won.

There was no choice. Not only have the Americans already started to shoot at German ships (like usual without declaration of war) but the declaration was necessary in order to continue to attack the ship convoys supplying Great Britain.

OF course Hitler had a choice. The USA and Germany were in a campaign of harsh harassment with each other, but our Congress wanted blood, Japanese blood, for the Pearl Harbor sneak attack. They had no desire at all to diverting our attention to a second war, forcing us to fight on two fronts simultaneously.

Hitler brought us into the war at least two years earlier than we would have, probably.

Hitler should have ignored the USSR and strengthened his hold on Western Europe
The idea of Stalin being totally surprised by the German attack is political motivated and only aims to shuffle a "sole blame" onto Germany. In reality, German soldiers reported they stormed the Soviet attack preparations.
In 1941, the Red Army was the largest force on earth, with 5,7 million soldiers, 20000 armored vehicles, 17000 aircraft and 34000 field and artillery guns. The Wehrmacht lost more soldiers in the first two weeks of the war against the Soviet Union, than in all prior campaigns together.

And only 2,8 millions at Western front. Soviet Union had really long borders, including border with Japan :)

So, you think Stalin thinks logically...your first mistake among many.

Stalin was capable of cold diabolical logic that was consistent within its own context and his amoral Marxist values system.

Stalin had no moral intelligence, a vulnerability of all libtards and other Marxists.

It's right. He developed the sophisticated plan of industry evacuation and made it by a price of serious losses in Soviet Army. But it was a plan of saving all country.

And why the hell Stalin developed and executed this plan, if he "planned to surprise attack on Germany'?

I was enjoying the thread until it became all bogged down over Germany vs Russia.

It's just a part of History :)

Btw, I was choked to view movies here, on board, where some marginals provoke US soldiers in life, including agression against the Vietnam veteran... Why they do it? What reason?

So, you think Stalin thinks logically...your first mistake among many.

The Soviets had a huge number of troops and material ready to jump off. You would know this if you bothered to educate yourself.

True Stalin's Stooge wanted war, but not to bail out the fools in the UK. He wanted to bail out your buddies in Moscow.

You have no idea what it takes to launch an invasion do you?

It takes not only large numbers of troops but a supply structure capable of supporting them and replacing equipment.

Yea..yea.......FDR was a commie
More rightwing fantasies on your part
Please stop Leftnutter. You're just digging a bigger hole for yourself.

Everyone who has bothered to study the event OBJECTIVELY, knows your buddy Stalin was about to invade.

Never stated FDR was a commie...please learn to read and comprehend.

Provide your credible source rather than just restating your revisionist history
Better yet, do the research yourself.
Lol, a libtard doing their own objective research?

roflmao

What does it mean - "libtard"? It's something close to "liberast"?

It takes not only large numbers of troops but a supply structure capable of supporting them and replacing equipment.

Everyone who has bothered to study the event OBJECTIVELY, knows your buddy Stalin was about to invade.

Provide your credible source rather than just restating your revisionist history

roflmao

It means, Liberal Retard

roflmao

It is short for liberal retard, but means 'Marxist who poses as a classic "liberal" and thus destroying that good word for all eternity.'

The FDR administration underestimated the Japanese industrial potential just as the Japanese Bushido government underestimated the courage of American Soldier and Marine. After the British surrender at Singapore the Bushido regime was convinced that the Allied Soldier did not have the will or courage to resist Japanese aggression. The Guadalcanal Campaign was a gutsy move by the FDR administration but some Navy commanders couldn't stand the strain and left the Marines to fend for themselves without supplies or food. One of my personal heroes, Sgt. John Basilone was awarded the MOH for a night's work of keeping his machine gun crews operating and supplied against the best the Japanese had at the time and Guadalcanal turned the tide and impacted the morale of the Bushido regime. After the war, president Harry Truman paid back the "uncommon valor" of the U.S. Marines by trying to reduce the Corps to nothing but a ceremonial detachment and ironically the Marines bailed his sorry ass out of the quagmire that he and MacArthur got themselves into in Korea.

Last edited:
What choice? Give up the England blockade?

No, but to kick the can down the road as any competent American politicians knows how to do and has even mastered.
We should remember that Hitler never intended to make war with the West. In fact, he was a big fan of England. Nazi-Lebensraum fantasies were limited to eastern Europe and never were official.
However, France and Great Britain declared war on Germany. Kicking the can down the road was not possible. Great Britain was a world power and confronted German forces on multiple frontiers such as Greece, North Africa and France, all battlefields Germany never intended to get into. Both Greece and Africa were "Italian Jobs" but the Italian army was unable to defeat Greek and British forces. There was a German soldier joke that said, Italian tanks have one forward gear but three reverse gears.
In the end, it was the only choice for Hitler to attempt to force Great Britain to surrender by blockade.

The idea of Stalin being totally surprised by the German attack is political motivated and only aims to shuffle a "sole blame" onto Germany. In reality, German soldiers reported they stormed the Soviet attack preparations.
In 1941, the Red Army was the largest force on earth, with 5,7 million soldiers, 20000 armored vehicles, 17000 aircraft and 34000 field and artillery guns. The Wehrmacht lost more soldiers in the first two weeks of the war against the Soviet Union, than in all prior campaigns together.

Well, there could be a political side to the 'Stalin was surprized' Theory, but then again, his air forces being caught on the ground all over Western Soviet territory kind of supports the idea.
Most of the Polish aircraft were destroyed on the ground as well. And unlike today´s "history" teaches, the Polish forces were fully mobilized in September 1939.

The FDR administration underestimated the Japanese industrial potential just as the Japanese Bushido government underestimated the courage of American Soldier and Marine. After the British surrender at Singapore the Bushido regime was convinced that the Allied Soldier did not have the will or courage to resist Japanese aggression. The Guadalcanal Campaign was a gutsy move by the FDR administration but some Navy commanders couldn't stand the strain and left the Marines to fend for themselves without supplies or food. One of my personal heroes, Sgt. John Basilone was awarded the MOH for a night's work of keeping his machine gun crews operating and supplied against the best the Japanese had at the time and Guadalcanal turned the tide and impacted the morale of the Bushido regime. After the war, president Harry Truman paid back the "uncommon valor" of the U.S. Marines by trying to reduce the Corps to nothing but a ceremonial detachment and ironically the Marines bailed his sorry ass out of the quagmire that he and MacArthur got themselves into in Korea.
Agreed.

Not only did the Marines perform brilliantly on Guadalcanal, so did the army. The Americal Division relieved the Marines there and also fought bravely.

One of my closest friend's father was an enlisted man in that division and won the bronze star for pulling the pin from his machine gun after his position was overrun by Japanese during the night. All were killed in the machine gun nest, but him. He endured terrible suffering during his time on Guadalcanal, as not only fighting Japanese but conditions were horrific, and food and water were sometimes limited.

He never spoke of his WWII experiences until shortly before his death. Even his wife and son knew little of it. He experienced horrors no 19 year old boy should have to endure.

Agreed.

Not only did the Marines perform brilliantly on Guadalcanal, so did the army. The Americal Division relieved the Marines there and also fought bravely.

One of my closest friend's father was an enlisted man in that division and won the bronze star for pulling the pin from his machine gun after his position was overrun by Japanese during the night. All were killed in the machine gun nest, but him. He endured terrible suffering during his time on Guadalcanal, as not only fighting Japanese but conditions were horrific, and food and water were sometimes limited.

He never spoke of his WWII experiences until shortly before his death. Even his wife and son knew little of it. He experienced horrors no 19 year old boy should have to endure.
My step-grandfather had been on Guadalcanal,and had smuggled pics back home. He said he had no idea how deeply the fighting had affected him till he was eating a hot meal one day in the rear support area, and a mortar round went off nearby as he leaned against a concrete retaining wall. A helmet hit the ground a few feet in front of him and rolled over to show the face of a young man whose face was still contorting.

He finished his meal and then carried the head over to some medics.

The pics were ghastly. I couldnt stop looking at them. Piles of mangled bodies and separated limbs all jumbled together like prepped for hauling away to a landfill. One dude who was shot through the face and had his eye hanging down his cheek but he was still looking for Japanese with his good eye and had his rifle at the ready. Another of a Japanese prisoner that had been shot repeatedly.

He told me that on the way back home no Japanese prisoners made it. The crew practiced their bombing skills by shoving the prisoners out as they flew over atolls, seeing if they could hit them.

Warfare turn many combat veterans into a dual personality, capable of uncommon kindness, then switching over to barbarity in a nanosecond. You have to be careful around combat veterans when some subjects come up and follow their lead. A civilian cannot imagine what they have gone through or experienced. The docs just call it PTSD, but is that unreasonable when you have seen so many of your friends killed in combat to hate the sound of explosions, or to hate those who killed them?

It's a way of saying "I have sand in my vag". At least that's what all the normal people understand it to mean.

Claiming American infantry is the best ever because they won some battles is bad logic. Lots of nations have won battles with infantry. They can't all be best because of that. And the Americans lost battles too. Does that make them worst in the world?

Both during WWII and after, I'd say the British had the best general infantry in the world. During WWII, they kept going on a shoestring, absorbing ghastly casualties, winning without the massive air and artillery backing that the USA always enjoyed. And after WWII, they kept up the quality. In the Falklands, they won with nothing, just sheer doggedness. Quiet competence, stiff up lip stuff, serious professionals.

Plus, one night out drinking in Glasgow in tougher than a tour in Afghanistan.

It's a way of saying "I have sand in my vag". At least that's what all the normal people understand it to mean.

Claiming American infantry is the best ever because they won some battles is bad logic. Lots of nations have won battles with infantry. They can't all be best because of that. And the Americans lost battles too. Does that make them worst in the world?

Both during WWII and after, I'd say the British had the best general infantry in the world. During WWII, they kept going on a shoestring, absorbing ghastly casualties, winning without the massive air and artillery backing that the USA always enjoyed. And after WWII, they kept up the quality. In the Falklands, they won with nothing, just sheer doggedness. Quiet competence, stiff up lip stuff, serious professionals.

British, US and Wehrmacht Infantry were really good. But Western Alliance was afraid to attack Soviet Army with combination of this three ones... :))
Operation Unthinkable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for Afghanistan - on one had a success there. No British, no Soviet, no US...

British, US and Wehrmacht Infantry were really good. But Western Alliance was afraid to attack Soviet Army with combination of this three ones... :))
Operation Unthinkable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for Afghanistan - on one had a success there. No British, no Soviet, no US...
Now you see, what the Wehrmacht managed to keep away from home for years.

Forum List

Back