US governmt ban on Tik Tok? Talk to me

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Is this real? I listened to the news for about an hour yesterday where this was featured. What's the deal?

Are they worried about spying?
Is this anti first amendment?
I don't use it but I'm sure some here do.

Jo

Last edited:
A bill banning it passed commerce and Biden supports it so may get an eventual vote. If enacted, china would need to sell it or be banned from the US marketplace due to "national security concerns about an app under control of a foreign adversary.

A bill banning it passed commerce and Biden supports it so may get an eventual vote. If enacted, china would need to sell it or be banned from the US marketplace due to "national security concerns about an app under control of a foreign adversary.
What do you think?

Is this real? I listened to the news for about an hour yesterday where this was featured. What's the deal?

Jo
It is time for Cold War strategy.

Advise China publicly and ANY country in fact, "we will allow your social media in our country if you allow free and open access in your nation as well of our Youtube, Facebook etc. If not, we will match your restrictions here of your platforms".

Trump cannot suddenly become weak on these issues.

Advise China publicly and ANY country in fact, "we will allow your social media in our country if you allow free and open access in your nation as well of our Youtube, Facebook etc. If not, we will match your restrictions here of your platforms".

Bingo!

What do you think?

I think if passed it will be challenged and upheld as foreign corporations wouldn't have first amendment rights. I personally don't care if it stays or goes, but I find tik tok vids somewhere between annoying and schizophrenic.

China is our greatest enemy .

Jo

Move Govt overreach and something both parties agree with, so you know it is bad.

Do not like Tik Tok, be like me and do not use it.

Why is this so complicated.

Where is the national security issue? I don't use that crap, but it came pre-installed on my phone, how does that work out?

Difficult .
In principle I detest censorship -- let trash sink to its natural level .

But is it sensible NOT to censor when the vast bulk ( over 90%) of the audience is stupid , gullible and therefore highly susceptible to influence and misinformation ?
Particularly Americans where the bulk already suffer from word blindness and have few general comprehension skills .
See this Chat site .

Where is the national security issue? I don't use that crap, but it came pre-installed on my phone, how does that work out?
The CCP gathering info on millions of Americans in schools, offices, homes, government offices? When you're looking at tik tok it's looking right back at you.

Jo

Trump came out against the ban, thus it will die in Congress.

It shouldn't die ... If what I'm hearing is true it needs to be either banned or changed drastically

what are the odds the Repubs in the House will defy Trump?

I say they are damn low.

The irony here is I agree with Trump, with the caveat he only changed his mind because a mega donor of his has billions in Tik Tok stocks.

what are the odds the Repubs in the House will defy Trump?

I say they are damn low.

The irony here is I agree with Trump, with the caveat he only changed his mind because a mega donor of his has billions in Tik Tok stocks.
It sounds to me like tik tok is a dangerous app

Forum List

Back