US/China Trade Deal to be signed this morning.

Another huge win by Trump.

Good news for America, bad news for Dimwingers.

Politics | Fox News
If Democrats would start being pro-American they could join the celebration.

pro american my texas ass-

U.S. companies have paid $46 billion in tariffs since Trump began restructuring relationships with nearly all of Washington's major trading partners, U.S. data showed.

Trump insists the tariffs are paid by the countries against which they are levied, but U.S. economists and businesses say they bear the brunt of the costs.

Americans for Free Trade, a coalition of more than 150 business associations that oppose tariffs, said the Phase 1 trade deal would do little to alleviate the burden of billions of dollars in tariffs being paid by U.S. businesses.

Good. Make sure China lives up to Phase 1 and signs Phase 2.

Smart, unlike Barry Hussein giving the Mullahs billions in cash when the never even signed his shitshow deal.

But not THIS morning, right liarboi ?

:auiqs.jpg:
WTF are you babbling about, Puddinhead?

DUH DERP DUH DERP DUH DERP ...... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

take a wild guess ya moron -
Sorry, you will have to try to post a coherent thought. I don't speak dumbass.

read the title of the thread -

now repeat after me -

JUST NOT TODAY !

youre too f'n supid to speak dumbass when youre not lying -
JUST NOT TODAY !

You are a moron.:21::21::21:

Politics | Fox News

Something else that most said Trump could never do. At this point only a complete fool would underestimate what Trump can or will do. There's one thing for datum sure, he doesn't mess around with mincing words or making broken promises.
What did Trump do?

Turn on your TV dummy!
Eat your faux news, Trumpstette. The trade deal just increases trade, and increases consumer prices. The internet is not your friend. LOL

Politics | Fox News
If Democrats would start being pro-American they could join the celebration.

U.S. companies have paid $46 billion in tariffs since Trump began restructuring relationships with nearly all of Washington's major trading partners, U.S. data showed.

Trump insists the tariffs are paid by the countries against which they are levied, but U.S. economists and businesses say they bear the brunt of the costs.

Americans for Free Trade, a coalition of more than 150 business associations that oppose tariffs, said the Phase 1 trade deal would do little to alleviate the burden of billions of dollars in tariffs being paid by U.S. businesses.
That is correct that prices will continue to be inflated with Trump's tariffs, and farmers don't immediately see that much relief, at least at first. But in theory, there will be more bilateral trade between the US and Jina than before. There are no protections against Chinese currency manipulation, and the IP protections are really not set out. Supposedly that will be dealt with … after the election.

I can't link the NYT story. But the internet is your friend. LOL

Trump uses tariff as a necessary tool to make American goods more competitive and punish countries that put tariffs on our exports.

Those that want corporate taxes and are against tarrifs are either America haters or ignorant of the damage each does to the economy.

As for honesty, don't split hairs when every Democrat alive says corporations pay taxes and 1/2 of employees's Social Security.

One of these two people seems more enthusiastic about this deal than the other.

upload_2020-1-15_13-44-20.png

Good. Make sure China lives up to Phase 1 and signs Phase 2.

So desperate for any claim of a "WIN" that is clearly not what you think it is.
Please share your factual information about this Phase 1.

Phase 1: China gives trump a so-called political win because his base, people like Nostra, will eat it up and claim victory.
Phase 2: WTF is this. Do you know?

Exactly, but Nostra will scream, "it's a WIN for trump.

How about getting a WIN for the American People.

But not THIS morning, right liarboi ?

:auiqs.jpg:

now repeat after me -

JUST NOT TODAY !

Phase one signed today.

US, China sign historic phase one trade deal

President Trump signed a landmark trade agreement with China, heralding a period of detente in a trade war between the world's two largest economies fueled by decades of complaints that Beijing was manipulating its currency and stealing trade secrets from American firms.

So far it looks decent. The really important details are the protections for intellectual property rights. If those are really robust- this will be a significant deal.
However the Trade war continues.

now repeat after me -

JUST NOT TODAY !

Phase one signed today.

President Trump signed a landmark trade agreement with China, heralding a period of detente in a trade war between the world's two largest economies fueled by decades of complaints that Beijing was manipulating its currency and stealing trade secrets from American firms.

So far it looks decent. The really important details are the protections for intellectual property rights. If those are really robust- this will be a significant deal.
However the Trade war continues.
What I’ve read says no enforcement plan. Sounds like fluff to me.

Trump uses tariff as a necessary tool to make American goods more competitive and punish countries that put tariffs on our exports.

Those that want corporate taxes and are against tarrifs are either America haters or ignorant of the damage each does to the economy.

As for honesty, don't split hairs when every Democrat alive says corporations pay taxes and 1/2 of employees's Social Security.

Tariff's generally just harm importers and consumers. American business's that rely upon imports from China are not suddenly buying from America- they are moving sourcing to Vietnam and India and Brazil.

And virtually every country in the world puts tariffs on American exports. Just like we put tariffs on goods from virtually every country in the world(for countries we have free trade agreements with the rate is often zero, but not all goods are covered by free trade agreements).

The continuing 25% tariffs on industrial imports from China is hurting American manufacturing. Is this Trade deal worth the billions that the trade war has cost Americans? Time will tell.

What I don't understand from what I read is that Trump will keep in place his first set of tariffs forever, or until he's gone. China's promised to actually buy more agricultural stuff than the US can produce. The IP protections are vague, but there's possible benefit. But basically, we'll be trading more with China than before. It's ironic that the Trumpstettes claim this as victory since their premise was "jobs are coming back." Jobs aren't coming back, but it's possible that the US will produce more and sell it to China.

but aside from causeing Americans to pay more for Chinese goods, what's the point of permanent tariffs when there's a trade deal?

Politics | Fox News
Have you lost your mind? I read your link in your posting. Doesn't sound like the President is doing all that well getting his impeachment trial to go away, but did not see China Trade deal prominently mentioned. How about this?

Politics | Fox News

I can't get very pumped up over it.

Pen to Paper: Trade Deal Signing Today Follows More Earnings From Big Banks
That doesn’t mean the market’s out of the woods. Far from it. Stocks gave up some of their early gains yesterday after a news report that tariffs would continue. That took some of the wind out of the sails, even though no one ever was promised that a phase one deal would remove tariffs. The market looks set for a flat to lower opening this morning, judging from overnight trading.

When you think about the trade with China, there’s still a bunch of delicate issues to work through on topics like intellectual property and technology transfers that didn’t necessarily get resolved by the deal being signed today. In fact, we still don’t know all the details of the phase one agreement. We’ll talk more about all this further down.
DOW closed above 29,000 for the first time, so it would seem your post is a major fail.

Politics | Fox News
Have you lost your mind? I read your link in your posting. Doesn't sound like the President is doing all that well getting his impeachment trial to go away, but did not see China Trade deal prominently mentioned. How about this?

Politics | Fox News

I can't get very pumped up over it.

Pen to Paper: Trade Deal Signing Today Follows More Earnings From Big Banks
That doesn’t mean the market’s out of the woods. Far from it. Stocks gave up some of their early gains yesterday after a news report that tariffs would continue. That took some of the wind out of the sails, even though no one ever was promised that a phase one deal would remove tariffs. The market looks set for a flat to lower opening this morning, judging from overnight trading.

When you think about the trade with China, there’s still a bunch of delicate issues to work through on topics like intellectual property and technology transfers that didn’t necessarily get resolved by the deal being signed today. In fact, we still don’t know all the details of the phase one agreement. We’ll talk more about all this further down.
DOW closed above 29,000 for the first time, so it would seem your post is a major fail.
Thanks for skipping my earlier reply to you. Good attention to detail NoStraws. As I said earlier in response to you
No. Our investments are just fine and definitely not suffered under Trump. Like the Forbes article I quoted suggest, I a less than thrilled about continuation of the trade tariffs, the effects on farmers, and the continued payoff from Federal coffers for damage done to their markets, which can be long term, even after it is settled. I have found much easier to keep good customers and keep supplying good customers than reestablish customer relations, once they have had to start buying somewhere else.

Phase 1 does not lift tariffs. Not worried and wasn't worried about our stocks and investments. That is for you young guys, that haven't been in the market as long. I guess we will keep paying off the farmers, instead of letting the produce and sell in a free market.

Forum List

Back