US battery storage "shattered deployment records" in Q4 2023.

This allows us to store the energy that is produced by renewables like solar and wind and use it at night, windless days and when we need it most. This is awesome.

Why do you folks that want to post topics on twitter, not post the articles, for those of us who want to know more, and have attention spans longer and more in depth than a Tasmanian gnat?

:eusa_think:

US battery storage smashes deployment records in Q4 2023​

. .. yeah, it won't let you DL detailed report with out giving out a name and email addy, so finding out the life span and cost benefit ratio is a no go.

:sigh2:

iu

What is the life-span of these batteries ?
Will thye last long enough to pay for themselves ?

And where do all the minerals come from used in them? Oh, mining, very dirty mining.

And then to deal with those batteries once they are no longer viable creates another environmental nightmare.

And you still NEED reliable power, meaning nuclear, natural gas, clean coal.

Meaning consumers are paying a lot more because some nutty green energy ideas, which look good on paper suck in the real world suck.

Last edited:
Why do you folks that want to post topics on twitter, not post the articles, for those of us who want to know more, and have attention spans longer and more in depth than a Tasmanian gnat?

:eusa_think:

US battery storage smashes deployment records in Q4 2023​

. .. yeah, it won't let you DL detailed report with out giving out a name and email addy, so finding out the life span and cost benefit ratio is a no go.

:sigh2:

There is a link in the tweet to an article.

There is a link in the tweet to an article.
So why don't folks just post that instead of the tweet?

If folks on USMB wanted to join X and cruise around there to interact, they would, right?

A lot of us, don't like BIG TECH. . . this is what we see from them. .. When someone posts shit from there. . .

1711056352658.png

That? Just annoying TBH.

So. . . click it and have your data tracked, or ignore it and the thread? :sigh2:

But you've got to click the tweet to find it, right? I don't often click tweets or links, especially when posted by "certain people".

Agreed. It would be much nicer, if they would just post the link to the article, or comment on the title of the article, and stahp being so lazy.

Did they even read any of the article? Do they know anything about the topic at all beyond just the headline?

:dunno:

5 billion years. Yes.

Just take my word for it. Never ever look up anything for yourself. Just ask here.
I ask here because those who make claims should document and substantiate such. At least provide the source of what they claim so the rest of us can determine if what they present is objectively true or just more smoke blown up the backside. :rolleyes:

What claim, though? You asked questions, expecting someone to look up the answers for you. It just gets old. Nothing personal.
Totally personal since you singled me out and ignored others.

The OP=Opening Post makes a claim about great increase in battery storage for new~alternate electrical energy sources(generators). My question, and point, was that this isn't such a great deal if those "battery storage devices" have short life-spans and/or don't store enough to amortize their costs to produce-acquire-use.

Basic economics question missing from the OP.
Also, my experience in dealing with you is that you have at best a partial grasp on basic economics.

Forum List

Back