US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Thoughts on this? I personally like the idea of people becoming citizens through military service. Hopefully this is not what it looks like.

AP NewsBreak: US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits

Some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship are being abruptly discharged, the Associated Press has learned.

The AP was unable to quantify how many men and women who enlisted through the special recruitment program have been booted from the Army, but immigration attorneys say they know of more than 40 who have been discharged or whose status has become questionable, jeopardizing their futures.

“It was my dream to serve in the military,” said reservist Lucas Calixto, a Brazilian immigrant who filed a lawsuit against the Army last week. “Since this country has been so good to me, I thought it was the least I could do to give back to my adopted country and serve in the United States military.”

It is insane illegal aliens be allowed into the US armed forces. What next rapists? Is the army that hard up to get bodies?

It is insane illegal aliens be allowed into the US armed forces. What next rapists? Is the army that hard up to get bodies?

These serving members are not illegal. They are non-Citizens who have chose to serve in the US Military in exchange for a path to citizenship. I can't think of a better way of proving you're loyal to your new country than serving in its defense.

• Banned

They're not illegal. What's wrong with a path to citizenship through military service? I think a couple years of service should be mandatory for healthy military aged people trying to become citizens.

They're not illegal. What's wrong with a path to citizenship through military service? I think a couple years of service should be mandatory for healthy military aged people trying to become citizens.
th

Ask Rome.

*****SMILE*****

:)

• Banned

th

Ask Rome.

*****SMILE*****

The world has changed a bit since then. You really think creating a path to citizenship through military service will lead to the destruction of our way of life?

These serving members are not illegal. They are non-Citizens ...

Non-citizens are illegal aliens.

[The illegal aliens] who have chose to serve in the US Military in exchange for a path to citizenship.

Why not have the illegal aliens serves as slaves for Hassidic Jews in Brooklyn in exchange for a path to citizenship, or have them apply legally and wait in line!

I can't think of a better way of proving you're loyal to your new country than serving in its defense.

I can. By respecting the laws of the new country and waiting in fucking line like everyone else.

th

Ask Rome.

*****SMILE*****

The world has changed a bit since then. You really think creating a path to citizenship through military service will lead to the destruction of our way of life?

th

Human nature hasn't changed all that much and one of the reasons Rome fell was most of the military members towards the end were not Romans.

*****SMILE*****

They're not illegal.

Yes they are.

What's wrong with a path to citizenship through military service?

Well why can't I impregnate all their female relatives (assuming the blue pill could even help with those ugly ass broads) through military service? Point being how has military service nowadays evolved into getting shit for free after breaking federal laws? Especially when guys I know (multiple generational US citizens) were screwed by the military after an injury.

I think a couple years of service should be mandatory for healthy military aged people trying to become citizens.

I do not want illegal aliens having any access to US military weapons, techniques and strategies.

Last edited:
Yes they are.

They're only illegal if they do something illegal. This really isn't complicated.

th

Then you won't have any problems allowing SE Asia to send a proportionate percentage of their population as immigrants to the United States. Let's see... about half a billion Hispanics in Central and South America an three billion SE Asians... That means somewhere around sixty million to one hundred twenty million SE Asians should be given a free pass to come here. Sounds good because I wouldn't mind having a Chinese and Hindu restaurant in every town in the United States. Let's do it open those floodgates...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Then we can discuss which languages we should be bilingual in later.

Last edited:
They're only illegal if they do something illegal.

They illegally invaded my country who had folks risk their lives in REAL wars like WWI and WWII defend the USA and would have lethally defended against the illegal invaders without thinking twice.

Yes they are.

They're only illegal if they do something illegal. This really isn't complicated.

th

Then you won't have any problems allowing SE Asia to send a proportionate percentage of their population as immigrants to the United States. Let's see... about half a billion Hispanics in Central and South America an three billion SE Asians... That means somewhere around sixty million to one hundred twenty million SE Asians should be given a free pass to come here. Sounds good because I wouldn't mind having a Chinese and Hindu restaurant in every town in the United States. Let's do it open those floodgates...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Legal immigration is never going to go away, and immigration through military service is easily the best avenue in my opinion. We're not going to let everybody in. The non-citizens we permit to serve are vetted and willing to risk death to prove their loyalty to our country. I'm okay with Trump building his wall and kicking out illegals through whatever means necessary, but saying we shouldn't let people serve in our military to earn citizenship is going too far.

Yes they are.

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

Legal immigration is never going to go away, and immigration through military service is easily the best avenue in my opinion. We're not going to let everybody in. The non-citizens we permit to serve are vetted and willing to risk death to prove their loyalty to our country. I'm okay with Trump building his wall and kicking out illegals through whatever means necessary, but saying we shouldn't let people serve in our military to earn citizenship is going too far.

th

Then demand that the United States open the floodgates instead of dancing around suggesting that someone who didn't utilize the immigration system in the first place didn't violate our immigration laws.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Thoughts on this? I personally like the idea of people becoming citizens through military service. Hopefully this is not what it looks like.

AP NewsBreak: US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits

Some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship are being abruptly discharged, the Associated Press has learned.

The AP was unable to quantify how many men and women who enlisted through the special recruitment program have been booted from the Army, but immigration attorneys say they know of more than 40 who have been discharged or whose status has become questionable, jeopardizing their futures.

“It was my dream to serve in the military,” said reservist Lucas Calixto, a Brazilian immigrant who filed a lawsuit against the Army last week. “Since this country has been so good to me, I thought it was the least I could do to give back to my adopted country and serve in the United States military.”
By "immigrant," you mean illegal alien, right?

Forum List

Back