Urban Meyer is gone!

What if the abuse never took place and it was a mad wife getting back at her husband? That's why we have courts, juries and judges.

No official in football can punish another for acts that were not proven. It would be wrong to fire Smith if Smith said it did not happen.

And, to add to the fact that Urban never witnessed the abuse, we and the university are depending on second hand information.

So is a coach guilty for the sins of another? I want to see the clause in his contract that places guilt of others on him.

I think the "The woman made it up!" thing is long gone.

from: Records show history of domestic incidents between former Ohio State receivers coach Zach Smith and ex-wife
"Nine reports obtained from Powell police involving Zach Smith and/or Courtney Smith between the dates of January 1, 2012 and July 26, 2018 involve domestic disputes between the Smiths, who divorced in 2016. That includes an alleged incident of domestic abuse on Oct. 25, 2015."

The police were called many times by Courtney and the police never saw an iota of evidence of abuse. Otherwise, they would have arrested him. But you're saying Urban should have fired him anyway? Lol.

Exactly. I’m not hearing the outrage over no charges being filed after these calls, nor anyone calling for the firing of the Police Chief.

If the Police could find no evidence, then either they are covering up or the allegations aren’t real in the first place?

In most places there doesn’t need to be evidence for the man to be taken away for the night.

What if the abuse never took place and it was a mad wife getting back at her husband? That's why we have courts, juries and judges.

No official in football can punish another for acts that were not proven. It would be wrong to fire Smith if Smith said it did not happen.

And, to add to the fact that Urban never witnessed the abuse, we and the university are depending on second hand information.

So is a coach guilty for the sins of another? I want to see the clause in his contract that places guilt of others on him.

from: Records show history of domestic incidents between former Ohio State receivers coach Zach Smith and ex-wife
"Nine reports obtained from Powell police involving Zach Smith and/or Courtney Smith between the dates of January 1, 2012 and July 26, 2018 involve domestic disputes between the Smiths, who divorced in 2016. That includes an alleged incident of domestic abuse on Oct. 25, 2015."

The police were called many times by Courtney and the police never saw an iota of evidence of abuse. Otherwise, they would have arrested him. But you're saying Urban should have fired him anyway? Lol.

I never said Urban should have fired him. But his contract required that he report him to the administration.

Urban reported it.

I never said Urban should have fired him. But his contract required that he report him to the administration.

Urban reported it.

At the Big10 media days he said he was unaware of it.

ESPN is a fucking commie joke. Everything Meyer did was by the book. There was a reason I had not watched espn in a year.

Just put it on and now i remember why.

espin tried and convicted Urban 5 minutes after the story broke. Yea, they're a joke.

The bottom line is Urban lied to the press.

Of course, if he were the President of the United States he could lie his arse off about pretty much anything, even about your health care, but if you coach a college football team you must be perfect.

ESPN is a fucking commie joke. Everything Meyer did was by the book. There was a reason I had not watched espn in a year.

espin tried and convicted Urban 5 minutes after the story broke. Yea, they're a joke.

Of course, if he were the President of the United States he could lie his arse off about pretty much anything, even about your health care, but if you coach a college football team you must be perfect.

Since the OJ trial the media thinks they have become the justice system.

Imagine losing your job because one of your employees or associates has a fucked up significant other.

I personally don't give a shit if they lie to the pathetic press. It is none of theirs or our business. Sounds like he went through the proper channels. As far as lying to the press. So what? Paul Feinbaum can go screw himself and so can greenberg.

Urban reported it.

At the Big10 media days he said he was unaware of it.

Yea, Urban stepped in it there. Nevertheless, he DID report it to the AD.

He has been on paid Admin Leave since last week. Is there a link or something that actually says he was now fired??

I'm a rabid Ohio State fan. I can tell you that, like most everything else, the media has completely botched basic facts on this event. For instance, the guy that broke the story claimed that coach Zack Smith was arrested in 2015 for domestic violence and was nevertheless retained by Urban Meyer. That is flat-out FALSE. Smith was NOT arrested and there was ZERO evidence to support any allegation that Smith had engaged in domestic violence.

Based on information in the public domain, it appears exceedingly unlikely to me that Meyer will be fired.

And what's ironic is that the media is complaining that Urban wasn't honest when he answered those questions at the B1G Media Days event while simultaneously spewing all sorts of untruths themselves. LOL.

So my original prediction on the CFP holds? Cool!

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
One other team

I think having most of the CFP be the same teams every year will get us closer to the 6 or 8 team playoffs.

Is the tide turning on Meyer? The mothers of Smith and his wife are reporting the his wife is saying these accusations not for the truth but for revenge. She has told them on several occasions that she intended to get even on Zach for cheating on her.

Report: Mothers of both Zach and Courtney Smith claim ex-OSU assistant is victim of retaliatory plot by ex-wife

It sounds like the woman in question became extremely angry and bitter because her husband allegedly cheated on her. You know the saying about a scorned woman. And then factor in that she's psychotic to begin with and sees money at the end of the rainbow and that's how we get a story like this. The national media convicted Meyer 5 minutes after her story aired, of course.

Is the tide turning on Meyer? The mothers of Smith and his wife are reporting the his wife is saying these accusations not for the truth but for revenge. She has told them on several occasions that she intended to get even on Zach for cheating on her.

Report: Mothers of both Zach and Courtney Smith claim ex-OSU assistant is victim of retaliatory plot by ex-wife

It sounds like the woman in question became extremely angry and bitter because her husband allegedly cheated on her. You know the saying about a scorned woman. And then factor in that she's psychotic to begin with and sees money at the end of the rainbow and that's how we get a story like this. The national media convicted Meyer 5 minutes after her story aired, of course.

Yes, it looks like the convictions were premature.

But Meyer gets at least some of the blame for that. At the media day interviews, he said he had never hear about the accusations of abuse. Or at least he said he hadn't heard about them until the night before. When the facts came out, Urban HAD known about the accusations and had reported them. There was evidence that he had heard about them. If he had told the truth at the BIG10 media days, the scandal would never have happened. Or if he had simply refused to discuss it, the scandal would never have happened.

Yea, Urban lied to the media. Then the media turned around did the same thing in that much of what reported was incorrect. We'll see what the investigation reveals and go from there.

Yea, Urban lied to the media. Then the media turned around did the same thing in that much of what reported was incorrect. We'll see what the investigation reveals and go from there.
Did he lie? I am not sure I would remember an incedent that did not turn inot charges after a couple of years. How many allegations of improper activities does a football coach get in a year? It could be alot! I would only remember the ones that got substantiated! I also do not think you should lose your job for no conviction!

Did he lie? I am not sure I would remember an incedent that did not turn inot charges after a couple of years. How many allegations of improper activities does a football coach get in a year? It could be alot! I would only remember the ones that got substantiated! I also do not think you should lose your job for no conviction!

As far as I'm concerned he lied, and I'm a huge fan. But the investigative committee determined that he was confused at the press conference (B1G Media Days) and misspoke. Whatever. We've had presidents and other high-ranking government officials lie to the press all the time and nobody calls for their jobs.

So my original prediction on the CFP holds? Cool!

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
One other team

I think having most of the CFP be the same teams every year will get us closer to the 6 or 8 team playoffs.

There are other teams?

As far as I'm concerned he lied, and I'm a huge fan. But the investigative committee determined that he was confused at the press conference (B1G Media Days) and misspoke. Whatever. We've had presidents and other high-ranking government officials lie to the press all the time and nobody calls for their jobs.

We have a Pope that hides a known pedophile but the media is only fixated on Urban.

Very telling.

In fact, the NCAA reversed many of the Penn State penalties for having run a charity to pimp out boys.

We have a Pope that hides a known pedophile but the media is only fixated on Urban.

Very telling.

In fact, the NCAA reversed many of the Penn State penalties for having run a charity to pimp out boys.
OSU had more happen to it over pants for tatoos than Penn State had for a real fiasco! OSU gets picked on and it is kinda bull shit!

Forum List

Back