Urban Meyer is gone!

What if the abuse never took place and it was a mad wife getting back at her husband? That's why we have courts, juries and judges.

No official in football can punish another for acts that were not proven. It would be wrong to fire Smith if Smith said it did not happen.

And, to add to the fact that Urban never witnessed the abuse, we and the university are depending on second hand information.

So is a coach guilty for the sins of another? I want to see the clause in his contract that places guilt of others on him.

I think the "The woman made it up!" thing is long gone.

from: Records show history of domestic incidents between former Ohio State receivers coach Zach Smith and ex-wife
"Nine reports obtained from Powell police involving Zach Smith and/or Courtney Smith between the dates of January 1, 2012 and July 26, 2018 involve domestic disputes between the Smiths, who divorced in 2016. That includes an alleged incident of domestic abuse on Oct. 25, 2015."

Meyer knew about it. And he did nothing. That is bad enough.

But then he lied about what he knew and tried to cover it up. That is what got Tressel fired too. Cover ups get more people than the actual events they try to cover up.
What was he supposed you do when all of this is conjecture and wasn't witnessed by the coach or his wife?

No morals clause demands a person to fire a subordinate without proof.

According to the USAToday, there was a clause added to Meyer's contract when he got his last raise.

from: New contract provisions could pose problem as Ohio State's Urban Meyer is placed on leave
"To the section covering Meyer’s specific duties and responsibilities, a provision was added that reads in part: "Coach shall promptly report to Ohio State’s Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics any known violations of Ohio State’s Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event."

"For the purposes of this provision, the contract states, "a 'known violation' shall mean a violation or an allegation of a violation of Title IX that Coach is aware of or has reasonable cause to believe is taking place or may have taken place."

As one who played football and baseball from 6 years old through my Sophomore year at University, in a state where football becomes a Pro sport in 8th grade, the it's no longer fun after Little League or Senior League as a player. School sponsored ball was never any fun, It's corrupt and thugs dominate from there on out, even the coaches are thugs and work for bookies, so if anybody still thinks their kids should admire Pro athletes, you're crazy. Yes, a tiny few are decent and good guys, but then they keep their mouths shut and never speak out, so they aren't so good after all, really, they just make a good living as covers and beards for the scumbaggery going on in the shadows, so they aren't so grand re having 'character', either. We only go to the kids' games, when we watched our own as they grew up, and our friends when they invite us along.

As for these women who fawn over them and chase them around, they know what they're dealing with re these thugs and psychos. Granting them huge bucks and settlements is just as ridiculous. They like the money, the drugs, and the Drama. Almost everyone in the milieu, and stays in it, are Players, and they all deserve each other. The maximum court award should be One Dollar, no matter what, in any suit where one of the idiots sues another idiot.

Last edited:
Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

He apparently got entangled with a coach of his that beat his wife, now they will come after Urban.

He is only on leave currently, but in this lynch mob society the writing is pretty much on the wall.

Urban Meyer's wife is the focal point of the investigation. You can't blame the sins of the wife on the husband.

Maybe my marriages were different. But if my wife had been regularly texting or talking with an abuse victim, you would have at least mentioned it. Probably way more than that.

I agree that we need to wait to see what comes of the investigation. But let's not pretend until then either.

He apparently got entangled with a coach of his that beat his wife, now they will come after Urban.

He is only on leave currently, but in this lynch mob society the writing is pretty much on the wall.
has any one ever excaped that job with out being fired? I am glad I am not responsible for my employees after work! Looks like we are going to lose another good coach!

has any one ever excaped that job with out being fired? I am glad I am not responsible for my employees after work! Looks like we are going to lose another good coach!

Two things will cost Urban his job.
#1 - He lied about what he knew and when he knew it.

#2 - His contract requires him to report even allegations of certain things, which includes domestic violence.

The biggest thing is that I think people in the administration will have trouble believing that Urban’s wife talked to the victim numerous times. Yet Urban wants us to believe that she never mentioned to him once in 3 years.

Sports teams are media performers and production staff. They have 'Morals clauses' in contracts for their performers for the same reasons NBC or Universal has them. Performers who violate them are just morons, is all. Their wives aren't noted for their stellar characters, either, so it isn't wrong not to take them at their word, either, especially if they're heading for a divorce. Owners and shareholders should be allowed to sue for damages in these cases, whether it indeed be a performer's breach of contract, or sue who ever is making false claims against their performers if they are indeed innocent.

Maybe they do and I just never hear about it.

Two things will cost Urban his job.
#1 - He lied about what he knew and when he knew it.

#2 - His contract requires him to report even allegations of certain things, which includes domestic violence.
You may be right. I just feel that these allegations should be proven before action is taken.

The biggest thing is that I think people in the administration will have trouble believing that Urban’s wife talked to the victim numerous times. Yet Urban wants us to believe that she never mentioned to him once in 3 years.
I'm not sure what I would do if I were his wife knowing that knowledge could mean his job. I feel she probably knew about the mandate to apprise the university and thought aboput that if she was aware of the strong loyalty he had for Smith.

Meyer knew about it. And he did nothing. That is bad enough.

But then he lied about what he knew and tried to cover it up. That is what got Tressel fired too. Cover ups get more people than the actual events they try to cover up.
What was he supposed you do when all of this is conjecture and wasn't witnessed by the coach or his wife?

No morals clause demands a person to fire a subordinate without proof.

According to the USAToday, there was a clause added to Meyer's contract when he got his last raise.

from: New contract provisions could pose problem as Ohio State's Urban Meyer is placed on leave
"To the section covering Meyer’s specific duties and responsibilities, a provision was added that reads in part: "Coach shall promptly report to Ohio State’s Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics any known violations of Ohio State’s Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event."

"For the purposes of this provision, the contract states, "a 'known violation' shall mean a violation or an allegation of a violation of Title IX that Coach is aware of or has reasonable cause to believe is taking place or may have taken place."
I would guess that Urban Meyer is toast. What a shame.

What if the abuse never took place and it was a mad wife getting back at her husband? That's why we have courts, juries and judges.

No official in football can punish another for acts that were not proven. It would be wrong to fire Smith if Smith said it did not happen.

And, to add to the fact that Urban never witnessed the abuse, we and the university are depending on second hand information.

So is a coach guilty for the sins of another? I want to see the clause in his contract that places guilt of others on him.

Finally a reasoned statement.

from: Records show history of domestic incidents between former Ohio State receivers coach Zach Smith and ex-wife
"Nine reports obtained from Powell police involving Zach Smith and/or Courtney Smith between the dates of January 1, 2012 and July 26, 2018 involve domestic disputes between the Smiths, who divorced in 2016. That includes an alleged incident of domestic abuse on Oct. 25, 2015."

The police were called many times by Courtney and the police never saw an iota of evidence of abuse. Otherwise, they would have arrested him. But you're saying Urban should have fired him anyway? Lol.

Urban Meyer isn't going anywhere. Never was. He's not getting fired for telling the media that he didn't know about the 2015 incident. By the way, Urban DID inform the athletic director of the allegations against Zach Smith. As well, the cops investigated and found ZERO evidence that he hit Courtney. Zach denied hitting her to Urban. But Urban should have fired him anyway?

ESPN is a fucking commie joke. Everything Meyer did was by the book. There was a reason I had not watched espn in a year.

Just put it on and now i remember why.

ESPN is a fucking commie joke. Everything Meyer did was by the book. There was a reason I had not watched espn in a year.

Just put it on and now i remember why.

espin tried and convicted Urban 5 minutes after the story broke. Yea, they're a joke.

so-called 'Pro sports' is a joke any more, like a mob of zillionaire 6 year olds running amuck, including the owners. Stop subsidizing the idiots already.

The police were called many times by Courtney and the police never saw an iota of evidence of abuse. Otherwise, they would have arrested him. But you're saying Urban should have fired him anyway? Lol.

I never said Urban should have fired him. But his contract required that he report him to the administration.

Exactly. I’m not hearing the outrage over no charges being filed after these calls, nor anyone calling for the firing of the Police Chief.

If the Police could find no evidence, then either they are covering up or the allegations aren’t real in the first place?

Forum List

Back