UPS Drivers to make $170k in union deal

Maybe I should quit my $150K office job to drive truck.

UPS treats their employees like crap. Not sure why anyone would want to work there.

It takes a while to become a delivery driver for them. But once you make it, you are set.
Long hours but make some damn good money.

It takes a while to become a delivery driver for them. But once you make it, you are set.
Long hours but make some damn good money.
If you make it that far. They work you like a dog in the warehouse first ,ride your ass all day and then lay you off for being what they consider too slow.

UPS is one of the best employers out there for laborers.
Excellent pay, with some of the best benefits available anywhere in America.
Glassdoor with over 33,000 reviews, rates UPS as a current or past employer 3.5 out of 5 stars which is excellent.
No way around it, the drivers have the best compensation packages found anywhere. PERIOD.

UPS is one of the best employers out there for laborers.
Excellent pay, with some of the best benefits available anywhere in America.
Glassdoor with over 33,000 reviews, rates UPS as a current or past employer 3.5 out of 5 stars which is excellent.
No way around it, the drivers have the best compensation packages found anywhere. PERIOD.
Bakery truck drivers make only $40,000 per year.

And to note - FedEx Ground sucks ass. And their bad at that too.
Anytime I order something and I see it was sent FedEx - I automatically know it will not arrive on time.
1 in 5 packages delivered by FedEx is delayed.
UPS - 1 in 30.
You don't get that kind of extraordinary service by a company that underpays their employees, or treats them poorly. No.
You get that kind of service by attracting and keeping good employees.
FedEx pays their drivers, on average, 1/3 of what UPS drivers make. And the many contract drivers make much less than that.

And to note - FedEx Ground sucks ass. And their bad at that too.
Anytime I order something and I see it was sent FedEx - I automatically know it will not arrive on time.
1 in 5 packages delivered by FedEx is delayed.
UPS - 1 in 30.
You don't get that kind of extraordinary service by a company that underpays their employees, or treats them poorly. No.
You get that kind of service by attracting and keeping good employees.
FedEx pays their drivers, on average, 1/3 of what UPS drivers make. And the many contract drivers make much less than that.
UPS has a huge employee turn around rate though. People just don’t last there.

UPS has a huge employee turn around rate though. People just don’t last there.
Mostly because of the physical demands. People are WAAAAAAYYY more out of shape than ever before, overweight as well.
We have a UPS warehouse/hub here. Known lots of folks over the years that worked there one time or another and some that have worked their for years.
Like any other labor oriented job... you start out in a less than desired position that the long term employees don't want. In my generation we understood that. We expected it to suck for several years till you worked long enough to get one of the better "cushier" jobs.
Today's millennials and GenZers have no clue how to work. Their ideal job is to not actually have to work, but still get paid somehow. If they have to work hard - then they compare themselves to slaves.
So yes, their turnover is high because you have to work hard. Few want to do that.

and they have 20x less deliveries to make in a so called set time......there is a reason you see them hustling....
The bread deliveries require more time than UPS deliveries because the bread people also put the product out on the store shelves.

you dont see to many older drivers......
It’s much too physically demanding for older people.

I once attended a group interview for UPS driver jobs, after I had retired and waiting for my wife to retire. The UPS rep told us we would work six days a week and have a rural route driving sometimes at night in the snow. I walked out after 15 minutes.

It’s much too physically demanding for older people.

I once attended a group interview for UPS driver jobs, after I had retired and waiting for my wife to retire. The UPS rep told us we would work six days a week and have a rural route driving sometimes at night in the snow. I walked out after 15 minutes.
Because of their gold plated benefit package you can retire from UPS pretty young.
If you were a full time employee for 25 years - you can retire with FULL benefits at 57.
That is why you don't see old guys driving UPS trucks.

Forum List

Back