UNLV Student On Hillary's $225K Speaking Fee: 'That's Obscene!'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Poor ole broke Hillary. We feel her pain. :(

'$225,000? That's obscene!': Hillary Clinton will collect massive speaking fee from Nevada university as students grapple with tuition hikes

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will collect a $225,000 speaking fee from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas in October, it emerged on Tuesday.

The massive expense was confirmed just weeks after the university formalized a 4 per cent tuition increase for each of the next four years. Rate hikes have nearly tripled tuition costs there since 2004.

Clinton will deliver the keynote address at an invitation-only gala for philanthropists and other high-dollar donors who support UNLV. The university said private funds are being tapped to pay her speaking fee.

But students see a zero-sum financial gain in which that money could have chipped away at tuition increases.

'$225,000? That's obscene!' UNLV student Jordan Mason told MailOnline. 'And the money is all fungible, right? Even if some CEO is writing the check, that's money that the person probably would have given to the university in some other way.'...

Read more: '$225,000? That's obscene!': Hillary Clinton will collect massive speaking fee from Nevada university as students grapple with tuition hikes | Mail Online

Oh, the selective outrage!

These same people have no problem with Mitt Romney making millions off of throwing Americans into unemployment.

As the article said, there was no effect on students' costs. And I stongly suspect the donations she raised for the Univ at the dinner will come to much more than 225K. But, I recall criticism of BushII for giving big buck speeches, so ......

Got no problem with Hillary's or anyone else's fees. If a person or persons want to pony up the bucks for a guest's speaking fee that's their business.

I wouldn't cross the street to see or hear her, but tha'ts my choice.

Help Hillary!

Attachments

• $2014-06-29-LCMSN.jpg
    $2014-06-29-LCMSN.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 71
If the fundraiser is for the university, and the net result is more money for the university,

what's your complaint? That Hillary is being paid? That she is taking the money?

Whom in the political world does that distinguish her from?

btw, I think speaking fees are obscene too. An obscenity perpetrated by the idiots who are willing to pay them.

Trump gets $1-1.5 million to run his yap behind a podium so $225K isn't a stretch ..

WaaAAHHHHHH....Trump!!!!1 Boooooosssshhhh11!!!!!

easily entertained aren't you?

1. Donald Trump, $1-1.5 million: In 2006 and 2007, The Learning Annex shelled out a hefty fee to have Donald Trump at their Real Estate Wealth Expos, paying him a whopping $1.5 million per speech for a 17-seminar conference. Trump only had to speak for an hour at each one, but audience members say he gave them their money’s worth by staying to answer audience questions. This was after Trump had already raked in one million per speech speaking at the same seminars in 2005. The company felt Trump was well worth the money, however, as few others have the celebrity and business savvy he does -

See more at: http://publicspeaking.co.ke/post/10-highest-paid-public-speakers-in-the-world#sthash.FytRYv6w.dpuf.

Last edited:
welcome to the book/speaking circuit. People get a lot of money for this shit...but you know this has been going on for years so welcome to finally catching up with the rest of us.

Forum List

Back