Union thugs

You have to know my grandparents' occupations before you'll answer a question about union members making death threats?

ROFL

That might be the funniest deflection I have ever seen. Need to remember this one.
That's not the only information I asked for but it would be helpful. But I understand the reason why you'd prefer to evade discussing this any further.
So you can't just come out and say, "Taking people hostage and destroying property is wrong."

I guess people with no morals can't make moral judgments.

You dont know me >.I grew up blue collar in Western PA , my grandfather was a coal miner , my brother in law was a coal miner. I know about unions. There was a time and place for them this time has passed. PERIOD. They are crossing the line way to many times!!!!
To say the time for unions has passed makes absolutely no sense. Unions are the bedrock of the middle class. Without them American workers will be at the mercy of the emerging corporatocracy.

This Washington ILA/EGT confrontation is the latest manifestation of the class warfare which has been incrementally waged since Ronald Reagan, the union-busting puppet from General Electric, was elected President. The only question now is, which side are you on?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N43Cm6ra0hY]Which Side Are You On -- Pete Seeger - YouTube[/ame]

This is Washington State where a few years earlier they were laying their infants and toddlers down on the tracks in front of trains trying to enter the harbor area and deliver goods for shipment to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. The rules of law, and sanity, apparently don't apply there.

Okay, I tried to find some information on this on Google, but have been unsuccessful. You would not have any links to stories about this, would you?

Sorry, but I'm just a bit skeptical on this one.

Immie
So am I.

No we're not ignorant. We're experienced. I'm glad you're true to your wife, hope you make it to your golden anniversary. I ran a business where my employees made better money than me because I had to pay the taxes, bills, and business expenses with my share of the receipts. I didn't mind until one of them decided she wasn't making enough, so she stole from the business every day she worked. She cheerfully stole my ability to pay the taxes, bills, and business expenses. I went into collossal debt, and when I caught her red handed that was her last day. She got to go off and steal from the next sucker who hired her. I spent 5 damn years paying the bank back for what miss important stole. Now don't you ever accuse me of being ignorant of working people.

They're far more abusive than the employer working 80-hour weeks trying every legal way in the world to provide wages for people who wouldn't lift a finger to help anyone but themselves to illegal gains.

Miss Important changed how I feel about working people.

so how were all your other workers?....are you basing their character on what she did?....
What other workers? As the business failed slowly, the 5 part-timers had to leave, one by one. It was her and me her last 2 months she was there.

wow sorry .....you could not prove she was taking money?....

Classy Longshoreman...and no doubt a Hopey Changey Obama Supporter:

Longshore Union Member Attacks Media - Mirror - YouTube

I'm betting that asshole thinks he is such a union hero. What a moron.

Immie
He is a grandstanding moron and he deserves to be arrested. His behavior is counterproductive but it should not be regarded as representative of that union's position. He is the exception, not the rule.

I realize he is the exception, but I have to say I will not stand behind a union that resorts to violence to get its way. I realize that you are a union supporter and I respect that. I am not against the unions so much as I am against the corrupt individuals that run the unions. IMHO they are no different that the politicians and lobbyists in Washington.

I've read a couple of your "justifications" of union violence in this thread. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. Especially when the people they attack are other members of the middle class.

Immie

Last edited:
I'm betting that asshole thinks he is such a union hero. What a moron.

Immie
He is a grandstanding moron and he deserves to be arrested. His behavior is counterproductive but it should not be regarded as representative of that union's position. He is the exception, not the rule.

I realize he is the exception, but I have to say I will not stand behind a union that resorts to violence to get its way. I realize that you are a union supporter and I respect that. I am not against the unions so much as I am against the corrupt individuals that run the unions. IMHO they are no different that the politicians and lobbyists in Washington.

I've read a couple of your "justifications" of union violence in this thread. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. Especially when the people they attack are other members of the middle class.

Immie

Most people who are in the union will stand behind it no matter what it does.

Cognitive dissonance is powerful. From people in Washington looking the other way at violence (or even say it's justified by extreme circumstances) to people in Wisconsin voting their jobs out of state because their leaders said not to compromise to coal miners in West Virginia voting for a president who says he's going to bankrupt their industry. Cognitive dissonance is very strong.

so how were all your other workers?....are you basing their character on what she did?....
What other workers? As the business failed slowly, the 5 part-timers had to leave, one by one. It was her and me her last 2 months she was there.

wow sorry .....you could not prove she was taking money?....
We proved she was taking money. The police investigators did not return our calls to receive our findings. End of story.

Immie

Most people who are in the union will stand behind it no matter what it does.

Cognitive dissonance is powerful. From people in Washington looking the other way at violence (or even say it's justified by extreme circumstances) to people in Wisconsin voting their jobs out of state because their leaders said not to compromise to coal miners in West Virginia voting for a president who says he's going to bankrupt their industry. Cognitive dissonance is very strong.

Standing behind it, is one thing. I do not agree that most people in unions will get violent. Unfortunately, there are a lot of troublemakers in the crowds during a particularly divisive strike which can provoke a violent outburst. The violence, when it starts, is generally started by one or two troublemakers and does not reflect the feelings of the entire group.

At least that is how I have generally seen it go down.

Immie

Classy Longshoreman...and no doubt a Hopey Changey Obama Supporter:

Longshore Union Member Attacks Media - Mirror - YouTube

:clap2:

Fuckin a-right!

But, but, but the tea party and their violent rhetoric! :rolleyes:

That union guy was a faggot anyway, he might have actually done something, but he didn't have 10 of his pussy ass "brothers" backing him up.......

They were on private property..and he was kicking them off.

Dunno..what's the problem here.

:lol:

That was the problem. They were hiring scabs. EGT broke the agreement.

Hey..if the police don't want to enforce an agreement..ILWU has every right to strike.

And protest.

Actually..maybe the government should sit this out. Free market and all ya know.

Pretty sure the longshoremen can settle this. :lol:
What they are not allowed to is take 6 members hostage for 2 hours, cut the train track to derail and dump the product, wreck a company truck and smashed windows..

This was pretty mild compared to what goes on in the rest of the industrialized world when you fuck with Unions.

Hey listen..if Republicans want to continue on this path..there's going to be trouble.

Unions are there to protect people's wages, benefits and safety.

Bullshit.

We have the Dept. of Labor, EEOC, OSHA, and free market enterprise if someone doesn't like their current job.

While Unions did help pave the way for all of our current labor laws, YES they have gone the way of the 8-track tape.

The laws and standards are in place with proper agencies to enforce them.
Unions do not belong in the equation any longer.

With activity like this, as one example, they have forfeited that position with the American public.
:eusa_hand:

If anyone else did this crazy shit we would be in jail
The following excerpt from the linked article strongly suggests there is a lot more to this situation than either of us are aware of. These union guys don't just go off like that without ample provocation. It appears that a union-busting effort is under way and, as the history of the labor movement has shown, nothing short of forceful action has ever been effective in preserving what workers have managed by blood, sweat and tears to achieve in terms of pay and benefits.

I respectfully suggest that you spend some time researching and learning about the history of unions in America. It is filled with violence but the simple fact of the matter is there would never have been a middle class without it. Another example of violence was the American Revolution, which also was condemned by those who were on the side of the bosses (the British).

So don't be too quick to judge. There is more here than immediately meets the eye.

(Excerpt)

Labor activists insist that after receiving tax breaks and promising to create well-paying jobs at the new $200 million terminal, EGT initially tried to staff the terminal with nonunion workers. Following a series of protests by the Longshore workers this year, the company announced it would hire a contractor staffed by workers from a different union.

(Close)
None of which excuses you defending people who offer up death threats and assaults, you senile Bolshevik. You don't need to know her background, my background, or anyone else's background to tell us whether you support those tactics (which you do) and your fallacious reasons for doing so. Just as good as your reasons for supporting treason during the Vietnam War. Non-violent my ass; you and your hippie Bolshevik friends were and are as violent as you want to be, when it suits you. Won't fight for your country, but will threaten fight, and assault your fellow Americans, all in the name of "workers' rights"? Exactly the same lying, hypocritical, self-serving conduct I have seen from the Left for the last forty years. "Good, gentle, compassionate, peace-loving liberals", all of you? Is that still the party line, Comrade Kommissar? Well, I suppose if you are going to tell lies, you might as well make them really BIG ones! Damn, if you people start a civil war, I hope I meet you on the battlefield!

Forum List

Back