Union "No Vote" Movement

Grumblenuts

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
Workers are finally standing up for themselves again. GM workers are rejecting the highly touted offer negotiated and recommended to them by leader Shawn Fein. Interesting..

Workers are finally standing up for themselves again. GM workers are rejecting the highly touted offer negotiated and recommended to them by leader Shawn Fein. Interesting..
Back to the negotiation table.

Finn is making 212K a year.....That's a lot of union dues.

A seldom seen Ron Howard film from the '80s called "Gung Ho" is about a group of east coast auto workers who go work for a Japanese car maker after their factory shuts down.

In an early scene, a union rep is trying to talk them out of working for the Japanese and to hold out for a better contract. Clint Howard responds the the union rep with...

"You don't live here! Looks like you got a job!"

I'm sure those same workers can go be doctors and lawyers after GM shuts down and we all buy our cars from Asia or Europe.
Most of the "Asian" vehicles are made here in the US. Like my Tundra made in Texas and my wife's Pilot made in Alabama.

Many of the Big Three vehicles are made in Mexico or Canada.

Looks like 60% of the Arlington TX workers got their contract. Finn will have to get the others on board.

Fake News Biden told us what a great deal this was and we all know he has never lied about anything in his life

New GM subcompact, $88,212 plus 3,500 destination fee.

You're going to have to refresh my memory about what a union is for.

A seldom seen Ron Howard film from the '80s called "Gung Ho" is about a group of east coast auto workers who go work for a Japanese car maker after their factory shuts down.

In an early scene, a union rep is trying to talk them out of working for the Japanese and to hold out for a better contract. Clint Howard responds the the union rep with...

"You don't live here! Looks like you got a job!"
Good movie...Early Michael Keaton.

Labor unions were good for working Americans in the past but now are not needed.

Most of the "Asian" vehicles are made here in the US. Like my Tundra made in Texas and my wife's Pilot made in Alabama.

Many of the Big Three vehicles are made in Mexico or Canada.
When I was a young trucker I was on one of the many "just in time" parts runs from Laredo to Detroit.

If you were late, it cost your company up to $100,000 an hour when the plant shut down due to your parts being unavailable.

That way, as I understood it, it saved the Big 3 money in warehousing AND taxes, as the parts were never taken into inventory.

When I was a young trucker I was on one of the many "just in time" parts runs from Laredo to Detroit.

If you were late, it cost your company up to $100,000 an hour when the plant shut down due to your parts being unavailable.

That way, as I understood it, it saved the Big 3 money in warehousing AND taxes, as the parts were never taken into inventory.

So they used the trucks as warehouses?

I would imagine that the trucks would not pull up and be immediately unloaded. Did the trailers sit for a day or so before being unloaded?

Maybe exchange a loaded trailer for an empty one?

So they used the trucks as warehouses?

I would imagine that the trucks would not pull up and be immediately unloaded. Did the trailers sit for a day or so before being unloaded?

Maybe exchange a loaded trailer for an empty one?
Right to the dock and unloaded immediately by appointment.

"Because JIT depends on your suppliers providing components when required, motivating your suppliers is a crucial element of JIT. The benefits of JIT implementation include increased profitability through cost reduction, but JIT contracts may contain pitfalls if you are a supplier. According to Cambridge Property and Casualty, a firm providing manufacturers’ insurance, one major auto manufacturer charges suppliers who fail to deliver in time $500 for every minute that failure causes an assembly line to shut down."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back