Union members more productive than NonUnion Scabs

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Now I know this will all come at a great shock for the cons, but this exaplains by going Union is superior to hiring wino scabs. I just keep blowing those con-myths!

"Productivity is a term most people throw around pretty freely these days. But when we use it, we back it up with proof," said Steve Lamb, executive vice president of MCA Chicago. "Union workers receive extensive training and so incur fewer injuries and lawsuits. Their quality workmanship results in greater productivity and timely results, and that adds up to savings.":clap2:

According to the study, the average Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) apprenticeship program:

-registers relatively few apprentices,
-produces more cancellations than graduations,
-enrolls a small proportion of female and minority apprentices, and
-provides training in a narrower range of crafts.
-Union apprenticeship programs, on the other hand, enroll and graduate the majority of
-construction apprentices, including the majority of female and minority apprentices.

The study states: "The hundreds of millions of dollars the union sector spends annually on apprenticeship and training programs produces the skilled workers vital to the construction industry's future."

Department of Labor records from 36 states show that union programs have enrolled 72 percent of construction apprentices since 1989, and have enrolled almost three times as many minorities and over four times as many women as non-union programs.

Union vs. Non-Union: Training Is Key Factor to Worker Productivity

Now I know this will all come at a great shock for the cons, but this exaplains by going Union is superior to hiring wino scabs. I just keep blowing those con-myths!

"Productivity is a term most people throw around pretty freely these days. But when we use it, we back it up with proof," said Steve Lamb, executive vice president of MCA Chicago. "Union workers receive extensive training and so incur fewer injuries and lawsuits. Their quality workmanship results in greater productivity and timely results, and that adds up to savings.":clap2:

According to the study, the average Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) apprenticeship program:

-Union apprenticeship programs, on the other hand, enroll and graduate the majority of
-construction apprentices, including the majority of female and minority apprentices.

The study states: "The hundreds of millions of dollars the union sector spends annually on apprenticeship and training programs produces the skilled workers vital to the construction industry's future."

Department of Labor records from 36 states show that union programs have enrolled 72 percent of construction apprentices since 1989, and have enrolled almost three times as many minorities and over four times as many women as non-union programs.

???????????? Are you saying that in order to get into a union apprenticeship, you need to know someone? Or perhaps, learn how to milk the system for more dollars to train the select few...Speak in english, as opposed to union hall pidgin.

This study does much to support calls for extensive targeted training with demanding qualifications

it doesn't support the conclusion you seem to want it to

I beg your pardon...........

TITLE: "Union members more productive than NonUnion Scabs "

"Their quality workmanship results in greater productivity"

This study does much to support calls for extensive targeted training with demanding qualifications

Your own link reads: Training Is Key Factor to Worker Productivity

The training, not the union membership, was the difference

It doesn't support the conclusion you want it to

Can you keep your union stuff to one thread?

No, because this thread adresses one small window: Productivity differences between union and nonunion workers. This is a common con myth that nonunion workers are as productive as union workers, they just make less money, therefore union workers must make too much money for what they do. The myth is a lie, and I am exposing it here.

I hope you are not afraid to hear the truth, and I hear no cry to limit threads to one RNC or DNC Party, so I don't see a problem. I just don't want the cons getting confused about what post they are on. :lol:

Or do you feel the need to post a new union thread after you get your ass kicked in an old one?

That hasn't happened yet, so that is no problem.

Someone should make a study of how many companies have been forced to move overseas because of unions and the companies necessity to be profitable.

Now I know this will all come at a great shock for the cons, but this explains by going Union is superior to hiring wino scabs. I just keep blowing those con-myths!

???????????? Are you saying that in order to get into a union apprenticeship, you need to know someone? Or perhaps, learn how to milk the system for more dollars to train the select few...Speak in english, as opposed to union hall pidgin.

I think the article speaks for itself, so maybe if you read it you won't be misled. There is a link above & you can click on it and learn.............:eusa_angel:

Someone should make a study of how many companies have been forced to move overseas because of unions and the companies necessity to be profitable.

smaller profit margin =/= unprofitable

Smart Pro's just may have a dog in the fight. :eusa_whistle:

Or companiues like Eastern Airlines that were forced to close shop due to unions.

ATLANTA — Nearly 14 years after the bitter ending of Eastern Airlines, former employees still straggle into an online oasis to soak up memories.
The ugliness of Eastern's demise — the brutal regime of owner Frank Lorenzo, the union strike, the pickets who jeered "No more scabs!" the day the airline closed — is left mostly unspoken. Why ruin the mood?

SOURCE

Your own link reads: Training Is Key Factor to Worker Productivity

The training, not the union membership, was the difference

It doesn't support the conclusion you want it to

Oh boy, I give you the information and go off in some other direction, intentionally?? Do you think I made that title for the thread, because I wanted to dicuss training as the major component? I don't mind discussing training because it is in the article, like minority rights are in the article, or cancelations & graduations, etc. That isn't the MAIN point I am taking from the article, OK?

Or do you feel the need to post a new union thread after you get your ass kicked in an old one?

See here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/142896-unions-in-the-us.html

And now here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/142955-union-members-more-productive-than-nonunion-scabs.html#post2998754

Nope, don't see anything there either. You must be on the wrong thread. Are you confused about where you are or what the topic is of this thread??

That isn't the MAIN point I am taking from the article, OK?

it's the main point the article makes

not my problem that it's not what you want it to say

Alas, "productivity" is also the main topic, and sorry if you can't get it straight in your head. But you do bring up a point that "training" is a key element that separates Union members from scab workers.

Can you keep your union stuff to one thread?

No, because this thread adresses one small window: Productivity differences between union and nonunion workers. This is a common con myth that nonunion workers are as productive as union workers, they just make less money, therefore union workers must make too much money for what they do. The myth is a lie, and I am exposing it here.

I hope you are not afraid to hear the truth, and I hear no cry to limit threads to one RNC or DNC Party, so I don't see a problem. I just don't want the cons getting confused about what post they are on. :lol:

The truth is that when you tie pay into production, Ability, and quality, which are more relevant than seniority, your convoluted perspective is blown out of the water. Bullshit walks. :lol: :lol: :lol: Fuck Union Obstructionism.

Forum List

Back