Uniformed Police Officer Refused Service At Wendy's...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Uniformed Police Officer Refused Service at Texas Wendy's

A Texas cop says he was refused service at a Wendy's restaurant because he was in uniform.

The Fort Worth Police Department patrol supervisor said he entered the location at Trail Lake Drive at about 6 p.m., at which point he said the employees turned their backs and walked away, according to police spokesman Sgt. Marc Povero.

According to Povero, the officer was the only customer in the place and the employees stayed in the kitchen until he left.

The Fort Worth Police Department chose to respond with their official Twitter account.

"@Wendys at Trail Lake and I20 would not serve one of our uniformed officers tonight? #whatsthebeef" the account posted Thursday night.

Wendy's subsequently took to the social media platform, as well.

"@fortworthpd We are aware the incident and are abruptly handling the situation. Could you please DM us, so we can gather more info," the post read.

By Friday afternoon, it appeared Wendy's and the Fort Worth Police Department had mended any potentially damaged fences.

"Thank you to @Wendys for meeting w/us today & confirming your support for law enforcement We appreciate it. #wendysbackstheblue," the police department tweeted.

This is not the first such incident reported in recent months. Police nationwide have claimed to have been refused service because of their job at other national food chains.

Wendy's handled the situation well after being informed of it on Twitter, but you have to wonder what asshole is running this particular store. Bravo to the Fort Worth Police Department for everything that they do, and bravo to Wendy's for showing your support. :clap:

When Wendy's is being robbed, I'd like to see Police Officers arrive and sit in their cars. Someone needs to be fired there.

I wonder if it even dawns on these people that it's a national chain when they make these decisions.

Like I've been saying, you can't trust a liberal with ANY authority or responsibility.

They will abuse WHATEVER you give them to advance their political agenda.

I'd like to know how Wendy's handled that.

IMO, they should have just fired everyone who was there at that time and taken a good look at everyone else at that store.

Like I've been saying, you can't trust a liberal with ANY authority or responsibility.

IMO, they should have just fired everyone who was there at that time and taken a good look at everyone else at that store.

:slap: Come on, Correll............

. The brainwashing of the obamabots is going to be some kind of process to undo. Hopefully they can be de-tuned and re-tuned in order to get them back up to speed again. What a freakin mess. This idea that the white man is the eternal enemy in this country or that all police should pay the price for a few bad apples is going to be one heck of a re-programming process that will take some time to undo. I am hopeful though.

No. He's absolutely correct. The entire shift should have been fired and a full review of the franchisee should be undertajen.

I agree with that. I disagree with the liberal part.

Really? Because BLM is a conservative movement?
You fire the person responsible and no one else. That will send a clear message to all the other employees.

I don't think you guys know how difficult it is to hire good help, for a minimum wage job.

. The brainwashing of the obamabots is going to be some kind of process to undo. Hopefully they can be de-tuned and re-tuned in order to get them back up to speed again. What a freakin mess. This idea that the white man is the eternal enemy in this country or that all police should pay the price for a few bad apples is going to be one heck of a re-programming process that will take some time to undo. I am hopeful though.

Optimism is a form of courage.

The should have every right to do this.
When Wendy's is being robbed, I'd like to see Police Officers arrive and sit in their cars. Someone needs to be fired there.

So.... 'Bake the cake!'?

No. He's absolutely correct. The entire shift should have been fired and a full review of the franchisee should be undertajen.

You fire the person responsible and no one else. That will send a clear message to all the other employees.

I don't think you guys know how difficult it is to hire good help, for a minimum wage job.

You want to be legally responsible for those assholes preparing and serving food to a cop?

Because not recognizing that it is a nation wide change and working for a company is a stupid movement.

I got nothing from that the explains to me why you think these assholes were not liberals.

Please try again.

Because not recognizing that it is a nation wide change and working for a company is a stupid movement.

I got nothing from that the explains to me why you think these assholes were not liberals.

Please try again.

I got nothing from the over-generalization on liberals period that you initiated. You try again.

I'd agree if another employee stepped in and served the officer.

Forum List

Back