Unequivocal Proof That It's The Right That Constantly Engages In Voter Repression

I purposefully waited days and days to see if anyone picked up on this story.

Seems no one did, but are any of you aware of that new Political Ad directed at Latinos in Nevada admonishing them NOT to vote?

The scums claim their angry Democrats, or suggest that they are by the use of "we" in the ad, and tell the viewer NOT to vote, because you're fed up with Obama NOT doing what you voted him to do.

Hey, before the RW Nutjob brigade comes in looking for sources...FOX themselves reported it: Nevada Ad Urging Latinos 'Don't Vote' Is Pulled - FoxNews.com

You can see the actual ad here.

I dare one of you CON$ to produce proof like this of the Left engaging in such despicable, unAmerican and unPatriotic acts. I DARE you!

Illinois, and New York both demonRat states are making sure the military ballots are sent late.

and of course..

there was that story yesterday of demonRats in NY giving DNA, the filled out ballots and voted for citizens.. FOR the citizens, the citizens didn't get to vote..

so cry us a fucking river whydonchya?
POST the story.

Is that so hard for you RW nutjobs to get through your thick skulls?

The thread is IRON-CLAD PROOF of the RepubliCON$ dastardly tactics and you have a couple of CON$ who all they can say is "Well, duhhh, nobody's kissin' Obammer's ass any mo', duhhh!"

Toast I say...TOAST!!!

LOL!!!

MarcATL, yanno I enjoy your posts, but I need this issue broken down.

What was the "dasdardly" part? Did Republicans run the ad and attribute it to Democrats?
Yes, and/or if not them a RW RepubliCON$-Supporting third-party.

Well, I am not an election law expert, but if the named party who paid for the ad was deliberately misleading and the ad actually ran, doubtless someone will get spanked. I don't approve of dirty tricks, and past a certain point I will vote against my candidate if he uses them....but.....

Dems in my area are screaming bloody murder because state-wide candidates on the GOP side are linking Dem candidates to the Cuyahoga County corruption scandal. I say tough shit. The FBI has arrested a parade of Dems who were in office, along with all the builders, etc. they illegally fed contracts to, and if you dun want to be tagged with the Machine's corruption, Get Out Of The Democratic Party.

There's a fine line between dirty tricks and free speech, Marc....and it never rises to the level of "voter repression" which I assume is meant to be synonymous with "voter intimidation". "Voter fraud" is today's motif, IMO, and both parties are in it up to their hips from what I can see.

Again idiot, that was in Philly and not one of the Panthers stopped anyone from voting, they discouraged no one from voting.

Standing by the doors of a voting station in NOI garb waving a billy stick was not meant to "discourage"? You are being less than honest here, Bass.

Those guy weren't wearing NOI garb and there were white men standing out there with them so where is the voter imtimidation? NOI people wear suits with bow ties, they don't dress like watered down versions of the 1960s Black Panthers.

Don't be obtuse, Flayglo. NOI garb, two young men, both swinging batons.....if these men had been wearing hoods and sheets and had stood outside a black neighborhood's voting station, you'd be screaming bloody murder and rightly so.

It's more'n likely they at least rattled nerves...and mebbe some confused voters did not cast the ballots they had planned. In any event, it was inappropriate and whether it was illegal dun turn on the question of whether their conduct actually cost anyone their right to vote.

If it reasonably could have, it was at least ATTEMPTED voter intimidation.

Where is the proof that what you claim is coming from the democratic party heads?

Standing by the doors of a voting station in NOI garb waving a billy stick was not meant to "discourage"? You are being less than honest here, Bass.

Those guy weren't wearing NOI garb and there were white men standing out there with them so where is the voter imtimidation? NOI people wear suits with bow ties, they don't dress like watered down versions of the 1960s Black Panthers.

Don't be obtuse, Flayglo. NOI garb, two young men, both swinging batons.....if these men had been wearing hoods and sheets and had stood outside a black neighborhood's voting station, you'd be screaming bloody murder and rightly so.

It's more'n likely they at least rattled nerves...and mebbe some confused voters did not cast the ballots they had planned. In any event, it was inappropriate and whether it was illegal dun turn on the question of whether their conduct actually cost anyone their right to vote.

Two idiots as apposed to the republican party itsself using tacitics designed to disenfranchise legal voters.

Why cant you people get the point?

I purposefully waited days and days to see if anyone picked up on this story.

Seems no one did, but are any of you aware of that new Political Ad directed at Latinos in Nevada admonishing them NOT to vote?

The scums claim their angry Democrats, or suggest that they are by the use of "we" in the ad, and tell the viewer NOT to vote, because you're fed up with Obama NOT doing what you voted him to do.

Hey, before the RW Nutjob brigade comes in looking for sources...FOX themselves reported it: Nevada Ad Urging Latinos 'Don't Vote' Is Pulled - FoxNews.com

You can see the actual ad here.

I dare one of you CON$ to produce proof like this of the Left engaging in such despicable, unAmerican and unPatriotic acts. I DARE you!

Hey stupid, suggesting someone not vote is hardly "repression".

re·press (r-prs)
v. re·pressed, re·press·ing, re·press·es
v.tr.
1. To hold back by an act of volition: couldn't repress a smirk.
2. To put down by force, usually before total control has been lost; quell: repress a rebellion.
3. Psychology To exclude (painful or disturbing memories, for example) automatically or unconsciously from the conscious mind.
4. Biology To block (transcription of a gene) by combination of a protein to an operator gene.

Those guys were not wearing NOI garb, you're too fucking batshit crazy to accept the truth and one of those two men was an official observer and last time I checked there other men outside, white men and they didn't look too scared. What the fuck is NOI garb? I told you already you asshat, NOI people wear suits with bow ties, not black fatigues with clubs, at least get your facts straight.

Again idiot, that was in Philly and not one of the Panthers stopped anyone from voting, they discouraged no one from voting.

Whoa!

How do you know this?
Present a witness MFer...a WITNESS.

If it's as you say it is...a WITNESS should be EASY to produce.

Unless and until you do this...you are a LIAR!

Voters at a precinct on Philadelphia's Fairmont Street witnessed unusual sights and sounds on Election Day on Nov. 4, 2008.

Two members of the New Black Panther Party, King Samir Shabazz and Jerry Jackson, stood within 15 feet of this polling station dressed in military-style black jackets, black berets, and black combat boots. Shabazz wielded a two-foot-long night stick.

"Cracker, you are about to be ruled by a black man," one of the New Black Panthers told a white voter. They taunted others as "white devils." A black couple serving as GOP poll watchers felt endangered when the Panthers called them "race traitors."

At an April 23, 2010 U.S. Civil Rights Commission hearing, Chris Hill, an eyewitness, explained under oath that he spoke with the male Republican pollster inside the precinct. "He was definitely shook up," Hill testified. "And he told me that he was called a race traitor by Mr. Shabazz . . . and that he was threatened if he stepped outside of the building, there would be hell to pay."

Free Pass for New Black Panther Party's Voter intimidation

Those guys were not wearing NOI garb, you're too fucking batshit crazy to accept the truth and one of those two men was an official observer and last time I checked there other men outside, white men and they didn't look too scared. What the fuck is NOI garb? I told you already you asshat, NOI people wear suits with bow ties, not black fatigues with clubs, at least get your facts straight.

Well pardon me, I missed the last uniform committee meeting with the Rev. Farrakahn. Didn't they have insignia on their berets?

And if there were other men waving billy sticks, I sure missed it.

Why are you on the right insisting what two clowns did on elections day in no way compares with the DECADES long assault on LEGAL AMERICAN VOTERS?

Not one vote stopped, YET there were real Americans (some how fought in wars) who were kept from voting by the republican party.

Disagree with ya Marc, not voting is not unpatriotic, may times it sends a louder statement that casting a vote.

I don't agree with that. Not voting just says you were too lazy to go to the polls. Going to the polls and voting against the parties sends the message better IMHO. Of course, if you vote third party, you won't cast a winning vote... but how many of us win when someone from one of the major parties win? Hint: the answer to that question is extremely close to zero.

Immie

The Left does the same thing. What's your point?

Hey taintwallow, lets see your proof that that shows the left has done this type of thing as well as the COURT documents which proove the republican party has had to have a court consent decree to keep them from trying to keep Americans from voting in elections?

I keep thinking about the voter cases in Florida when Bush first got fraudulently elected and a bunch a votes for Gore got thrown out.

You are a RETARD. Gore had no votes thrown out. What he did is claim votes for another candidate should have been counted as his votes, he claimed that if even one tiny piece of the chad was broken on his point it was a vote for him. And of course neither attempt to ILLEGALLY garner votes was approved.

By the way you dumb fuck, 2 of the districts he challenged were run by democrats, the third was half and half. HIS own party made the ballot he tried to claim was to confusing. A ballot used for YEARS before 2000 in those same districts. With no complaints.

You people are beyond stupid. You either out right lied here or are simply to stupid to know the truth about a national incident.

I'm just dropping in here so not sure this has been posted. All these quotes can be found at Wikipedia under New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case
or you can probably just BING or Google it.
The long and short is the Bush DOJ prosecuted two black guys dressed in military garb wielding a night stick while standing outside a polling location in Philadelphia, PA calling people "cracker", etc. for voter intimidation, a federal offense. The perps never showed in court and DOJ got the conviction. Enter Obama's DOJ that dropped the case against one perp and ,ultimately, gave a slap on the wrist to the other. But it gets better.

J. Christian Adams a career justice attorney was so upset he resigned so he could testify to the Civil Rights Comission about Justive Dropping the case (Obama's DOJ forbid him honoring CVC's subpoenas)
In testimony before the Civil Rights commission, Adams stated "I was told by voting section management that cases are not going to be brought against black defendants on [behalf] of white victims." Adams has also accused the lawyers who ordered the narrowing of the case of having not read the documents describing the facts and applicable law before making this decision, and claimed that his superiors had instructed him and others in the voting section to no longer bring any cases against minority offenders. Responding to the claim that the New Black Panthers' actions in Philadelphia were an "isolated incident", Adams has said "To the contrary, the Black Panthers in October 2008 announced a nationwide deployment for the election. We had indications that polling-place thugs were deployed elsewhere, not only in November 2008, but also during the Democratic primaries, where they targeted white Hillary Rodham Clinton supporters."

It gets better. There was certain things that Adams could not testify directly to so he recommended the Commission talk to another career DOJ guy, Christopher Coates former head of the Voting Rights Section of the DOJ and with 20 years working for the ACLU. His subpoena was nixed also. Coates felt the issue was so important that he too resigned and was granted whistleblower status so that he could testify.
"I had people who told me point-blank that [they] didn't come to the voting rights section to sue African American people."

From the Christopher Coats section of Wikipedia "Coates also stated that one of his superiors appointed by the Obama administration had prohibited him from asking job applicants if they would enforce the voting laws in a race-neutral manner."
AG Holder denies all this. Though it has been pointed out Adams might be a disgruntled Bush Appointee no such attribution may be applied to Coates regarding his employment history. As they say read the whole thing at Wikipedia.

Just to be clear: Adams and Coates were under oath when they made these statements, however Holder was not when he made his denial...not there's anything wrong with that!

I listened to the entire Coates CVC testimoney (I know, but it was a rainy day). It was an eye opener. The man named names. If the GOP takes the House an investigation of this might be one of its top priorities. It certainly should be.

JM

P.S. Highligts mine

Why are you on the right insisting what two clowns did on elections day in no way compares with the DECADES long assault on LEGAL AMERICAN VOTERS?

Not one vote stopped, YET there were real Americans (some how fought in wars) who were kept from voting by the republican party.

TM, what the fuck are you ranting about? The campaign of terror after passage of the Voting Rights Act? That was 1964, for God's sake.

It was evil but it is OVER.

Forum List

Back