Unemployment

I suspect WT is spot on. She and plus or minus 20% of the American people, mostly all of the GOP leadership and NewsCorp, hoped President Obama failed before he had taken the oath of office. They have done everything possible to prevent a recovery and have thus far succeeded.

Adopting an ends and means strategy the right wing has engaged in a most shameful form of demagougery, obstructing every effort by the Obama Administration to seek solutions to the myraid of problems inherited by the new adminsitration in January 2009. A house divided cannot stand, and if our nation suffers from a financial collapes the right wing will have achieved the goal of Grover Norquist, the GOP and their fellow travelers, the T Party.

At what cost? Potentially the loss of an American middle class and a social structure much different then what most Americans have come to expect.

It is always nice to blame the other guys while absolving yourselves of all responsibility, isn't it? Even if you are right about the GOP, the Democrats have not helped matters one iota and they don't appear to give a shit either.

Immie

I suspect WT is spot on. She and plus or minus 20% of the American people, mostly all of the GOP leadership and NewsCorp, hoped President Obama failed before he had taken the oath of office. They have done everything possible to prevent a recovery and have thus far succeeded.

Adopting an ends and means strategy the right wing has engaged in a most shameful form of demagougery, obstructing every effort by the Obama Administration to seek solutions to the myraid of problems inherited by the new adminsitration in January 2009. A house divided cannot stand, and if our nation suffers from a financial collapes the right wing will have achieved the goal of Grover Norquist, the GOP and their fellow travelers, the T Party.

At what cost? Potentially the loss of an American middle class and a social structure much different then what most Americans have come to expect.

wow, you got all that out of-

"Hits 9.1.."

you read minds eh? you should join the obama team, they do to, but the only minds they read are their own and here we sit, because you see its the republicans fault so why change up? ...............:eusa_hand:

the republicans did this or that is especially at this point since by obamas own words he had a recovery going ( I differ but hes a practiced successful lair and you bought it, so now you own it) that the faltering NOW,the 1.8 gdp Q1 and the abysmal job number of 58k is completely his own making, ( the Reagan 'recession' remember that? its wasn't Carters recsession now was it? so eat up boyo)

I know that may be to difficult for ones like you to parse but it had to be said anyway......your reps did it excuse is by now soooo completely lame from any angle, intellectual or even lunatic only you could continue to make it.......

Oh, hey I am having lunch on Telegraph ave. today, stop by I'll throw you a buck or 2, it'll impress you're spanging friends in peoples park....:) I am all about the equal opportunity bro...

It is always nice to blame the other guys while absolving yourselves of all responsibility, isn't it? Even if you are right about the GOP, the Democrats have not helped matters one iota and they don't appear to give a shit either.

Immie

Wouldn't it be nice if just once she'd put her facts where her ass is and list "
exactly what it is that I, 20% of Americans like me, and Republicans have done to prevent economic recovery? I sure would like to see such a list.

I like how you ignore the fact that the dems had full control for Obama's first 6 months or so, including a filibuster proof senate.
And had both houses for 2 years. yet all you want to do is bame the repubs.
yet now that the repubs control the house the dems in the senate have stopped any plan to reduce the debt and refuse to come up with any budget.
Yet you continue to put all the blame on the repubs. Wasn't it just last week that the Obama admin was claiming the economy was getting better?

Ok, I'm going to say this.

Guys, this shit sucks. Past the Obama or Bush bullshit I'm 30 fucking years old, got my first house and finally have stuff to look forward too and BAM, we hit a recession that is in fact more like a depression for 3-4 years now.

I'd really like these noobie fuckers to get their shit together and stop fucking the country. I'd like to be focused on making my life bad fucking ass rather than some rich fuckers in congress or the WH playing games with everyone’s lives.

UE at 9.1 and it's really more like 15-20% and rising. The economy is fucked and getting worse. Will these fucking low lives please wake up and get off the campaign trail and start doing their fucking job please. If I ever failed at my work as bad as these shit for brain fucktards I'd never get hired again (work for myself).
Two words: VOTE REPUBLICAN

Immie

Wouldn't it be nice if just once she'd put her facts where her ass is and list "
exactly what it is that I, 20% of Americans like me, and Republicans have done to prevent economic recovery? I sure would like to see such a list.

She?

I always thought WC was a guy. Maybe I am wrong.

WC is correct that Republicans have worked against President Obama. Whether that is a good thing or not, I'm not exactly sure, but I believe that the policies of spend... spend... and spend some more to get us out of the situation we are in is contributory to our problems.

I don't really get the idea that either party is doing a damned thing to fix this economy except for blame the other guy and cut taxes on the rich while we are at it.

Immie

Immie

She?

WC is correct that Republicans have worked against President Obama. Whether that is a good thing or not, I'm not exactly sure, but I believe that the policies of spend... spend... and spend some more to get us out of the situation we are in is contributory to our problems.

I don't really get the idea that either party is doing a damned thing to fix this economy except for blame the other guy and cut taxes on the rich while we are at it.

Immie

I want to see the list of the things that I, 20% of Americans like myself, and Republicans have suceeded in doing that slowed economic recovery. I'll wait.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsDmPEeurfA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪President Bush Addresses Nation on Economic Crisis‬‏[/ame]

Note the date on this tape

She?

Immie

I want to see the list of the things that I, 20% of Americans like myself, and Republicans have suceeded in doing that slowed economic recovery. I'll wait.

I don't have a list off the top of my head, but, one thing is true. The Republicans have not given President Obama everything he wanted and since you and I both know that he is the answer to all of our problems, that has to have something to do with it.

Immie

One Third of the Stimulus went to support the state and local government employees, and teachers who caused it all. No Public Works initiatives were created in that spending.

One Third of the Stimulus went to tax relief, to make up for lost spending from the downturn. No Public Works initiatives were created in those non-spending events.

One Third of the Stimulus went to small scale projects mostly known to contractors familiar with FedBizOpps. That kind of spending takes time and is uneven. It started to kick in only just before the mid-term elections.

Putting the roofs on the crappers in the park at Mammoth Lakes resort in California did get prioritized, in that spending.

And so there it was: The Stimulus!

Now The GOP claims that the "Wasteful Spending" needs to be cut.

It is already gone.

Cutting Spending further makes as much sense as Old, Fat, White People--Cavorting About Naked On Other Peoples Yachts, dumping substance and other treasure into the sea.

The Tea Party GOP makes sense like that!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Many young braves find wild ponies--clothed like them(?)!)

Last edited:
Now tell me how Obama is at fault for this economic mess.

the most you can blame him for is not cleaning it up fast enough for you.

So our choices this next election is for a guy who is cleaning it up slowly or the guys whos policy created the mess in the first place.

Pretty easy choice even if you think Obama is not fast enough

When all the talk of the housing bubble began, before it actually began to bust, I said we were going to be in for a rough ten to possibly twenty years. It was the beginning of the perfect storm. The first part of the storm was the housing bubble. And what people really don't understand about the housing bubble is that we didn't just overinflate the price of homes, we built way too many of them period. We built so many that there wasn't possibly enough potential buyers to purchase them all. I have read estimates that close to 75% of all home sales the two years prior to the bust were to speculators. Then all of a sudden there was nobody left to buy those homes. So today we have a huge inventory of homes with no buyers, and that is not going to correct itself for some time.

The second part of the perfect storm is the fact that the baby boomers began to retire. This has caused two major problems. The first is that more people are beginning to collect on entitlements. We knew this was coming but never addressed it. And as more and more collect, it has created another problem. For the past 25 plus years we have been borrowing SS surpluses to use for general outlays. That money is no longer available to just borrow. So it decreased revenue for government spending. On top of that, as more and more baby boomers retire, less money is being put into SS and Medicare as those retirees are now beginning to collect rather than being contributors.

The last problem, and maybe even a bigger one is that all those retiring baby boomers were the driving force behind our economic growth for such a long time. They bought nice new cars and big homes. Now they don't need big homes. They are downsizing. They don't need as many new clothes. They don't need a lot of furniture to furnish their mega mansions. In fact, they are trying to get rid of stuff they don't need. Bottom line is that they are buying a lot less than they ever have, and they never will buy that much again.

So what is the solution? We need more people. Our economic growth has always been predicated on population growth. Unfortunately, there is a problem with that also. While we could stand to use some population growth, that same growth comes at a cost, as it means more government services are necessary and we have gotten to a point that population growth is putting a strain on our natural resources.

What all of this tells me is that we need to completely change the way we look at economic growth and where we are headed. Eventually, we are going to have to deal with zero population growth, and with that, we are going to have to learn to live within certain parameters, choosing what we spend our money on wisely. In the end, it will almost certainly mean higher taxes, and spending on society as a whole rather than everyone doing what is best for themselves personally. It will have to involve better planning on all levels.

So is this the fault of our politicians? Absolutely in the sense that none of them planned for the future. Every single one of them has been in it for themselves, and none have ever even discussed our long term goals. It's always about cutting taxes and cutting spending so that we can fix what is wrong right now without even considering the long term implications. For this, we can blame ourselves for not being wiser and having the foresight to look ahead. And if we don't start thinking long term very soon, then we are going to do much worse than just leaving our kids and their kids with a huge tax bill to pay, we are going to completely destroy any possibility that they will ever be able to enjoy the many great benefits of living in the greatest country in the world.

So you all just keep blaming each other for what is wrong and see how far it gets us. Blame it on Bush, blame it on Obama. Once he is gone, then you can blame it on the next schmuck that gets elected. But no matter who it is, unless we demand more, things will only get worse.

She?

Immie

I don't have a list off the top of my head, but, one thing is true. The Republicans have not given President Obama everything he wanted and since you and I both know that he is the answer to all of our problems, that has to have something to do with it.

Immie

Wry Catcher has a list, I want her to produce it. It's her statement. let her back her shit up.

One Third of the Stimulus went to support the state and local government employees, and teachers who caused it all. No Public Works initiatives were created in that spending.

One Third of the Stimulus went to tax relief, to make up for lost spending from the downturn. No Public Works initiatives were created in those non-spending events.

One Third of the Stimulus went to small scale projects mostly known to contractors familiar with FedBizOpps. That kind of spending takes time and is uneven. It started to kick in only just before the mid-term elections.

Putting the roofs on the crappers in the park at Mammoth Lakes resort in California did get prioritized, in that spending.

And so there it was: The Stimulus!

Now The GOP claims that the "Wasteful Spending" needs to be cut.

It is already gone.

Cutting Spending further makes as much as Old, Fat, White People--Cavorting About Naked On Other Peoples Yachts, dumping substance and other treasure into the sea.

The Tea Party GOP makes sense like that!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Many young braves find wild ponies--clothed like them(?)!)

What sepnding was cut? Don't we still have a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit?

Forum List

Back