Unemployment applications hit 8-month high

dvinman

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2009
"I wonder what all them CLOWNS who were jumping and dancing around like assholes for Obama and his fake death of Osama feel about this?" The SHEEPLE of this country need to SUFFER in order to become un-brainwashed! And if that doesn't change their thought process, then starvation and death would be what's best for them and the rest of us!

WASHINGTON – The number of people applying for unemployment benefits surged last week to the highest level in eight months, a troubling sign a day ahead of the government's report on April employment.

The Labor Department said Thursday that applications rose 43,000 to 474,000 in the week ended April 30, the third increase in four weeks. The four-week average, a less volatile measure, rose for the fourth straight week to 431,250.

Applications near 375,000 are typically consistent with sustainable job growth. Weekly applications peaked during the recession at 659,000.

Rising unemployment applications and other weak economic data this week have prompted some analysts to worry that higher fuel prices may be causing employers to slow their pace of hiring.

Unemployment applications hit 8-month high - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
Meanwhile... back to reality.

He (Obama) also wants to start a new tax based on the number of miles we drive.

the ADP employment figure said 172K....*shrugs*....thats 35k net new jobs, and down from over 200 K the last 2 months, now applications whose figures lag the monthly unemployment figure's, will show up in Mays numbers......

1.8 % gdp......*shrugs*. doesn't look good ....I don't think I am displaying any partisanship here when I say, dude, there aint no recovery.

the ADP employment figure said 172K....*shrugs*....thats 35k net new jobs, and down from over 200 K the last 2 months, now applications whose figures lag the monthly unemployment figure's, will show up in Mays numbers......

1.8 % gdp......*shrugs*. doesn't look good ....I don't think I am displaying any partisanship here when I say, dude, there aint no recovery.

Of course not.
Net sum, and regardless of the flagship glowing reports by Fox, CNN and clan, the 1st quarter reports were not good.
Inventories are high.
Gasoline is record high.
Food prices are record high.
Worst jobless numbers in 8 months.
Bellweather industries showing some revenue gains - but profit declines
And despite this, the MSM tows the line and spotlights a few giant corporations in how they are doing better.
Pheh...Dow and mid-12k?? Get the f*ck out.
A new "adjustment" is going to happen, it is just a matter of when.

Forum List

Back