Under Obama- how are blacks doing?

Ninety-five percent of black voters in 2008 voted for then-Sen. Barack Obama. Surely a "progressive" black president would care about, empathize with and understand black America in a way no other president ever has or could, right? Exit polls from Pew Research show that 63 percent of all voters -- and 65 percent of Obama voters -- cited the economy as the number one reason they voted for him. Iraq was a distant second at 10 percent. Even for black Obama voters, "It's the economy, stupid."

After six years, the report card is in. The grades are not pretty. By every key economic measurement, blacks are worse off under Obama. In some cases, far worse off.

What about poverty? In 2009, when Obama took office, the black poverty rate was 25.8 percent. As of 2014, according to Pew Research Center, the black poverty rate was 27.2 percent.

What about income? CNNMoney says, "Minority households' median income fell 9 percent between 2010 and 2013, compared to a drop of only 1 percent for whites." The Financial Times wrote last October: "Since 2009, median non-white household income has dropped by almost a 10th to $33,000 a year, according to the U.S. Federal Reserve's survey of consumer finances. As a whole, median incomes fell by 5 percent. But by the more telling measure of net wealth -- assets minus liabilities -- the numbers offer a more troubling story."

What about net worth and the black-white "wealth gap"? The Financial Times said: "The median non-white family today has a net worth of just $18,100 -- almost a fifth lower than it was when Mr. Obama took office. White median wealth, on the other hand, has inched up by 1 percent to $142,000. In 2009, white households were seven times richer than their black counterparts. That gap is now eightfold. Both in relative and absolute terms, blacks are doing worse under Mr. Obama." Remember, these numbers apply to all "non-whites." For blacks, it's worse.

Larry Elder - Under Obama, Blacks Are Worse Off -- Far Worse

what say you libs? The proof is right here....

Hillary would do the same thing for women, that Obama has done for blacks. Think about it.

Says the Klown who "believes in" myths and fairy tales. Hint the Randian BS should be outgrown by about 25 Bubs

You just showed how little you know about anything. You made a feeble attempt to attack my character, but couldn't seem to address the issue of how little Obama has done for blacks.

I love seeing just how desperate you people on the left are. Little ankle-biting dogs with lots of bark, but no bite. :biggrin:

Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

then google "Mafia Winsome", Rand Cultist.....

Really? I doubt the validity of your little chart and even more, of anything I've read of your posts. Here is another chart labeled "Bureau of Labor Statistics", that shows just the opposite....

chart-black-unemployment.top.gif

...or one from a .gov website:

1.jpg

In addition to that, under the Obama administration, the BLS changed the way they calculated their statistics. Those black people who have simply given up looking for work, are not included. How's that feel to be excluded even by your own "Hope & Change" government? You should be pissed.

Last edited:
Ninety-five percent of black voters in 2008 voted for then-Sen. Barack Obama. Surely a "progressive" black president would care about, empathize with and understand black America in a way no other president ever has or could, right? Exit polls from Pew Research show that 63 percent of all voters -- and 65 percent of Obama voters -- cited the economy as the number one reason they voted for him. Iraq was a distant second at 10 percent. Even for black Obama voters, "It's the economy, stupid."

After six years, the report card is in. The grades are not pretty. By every key economic measurement, blacks are worse off under Obama. In some cases, far worse off.

What about poverty? In 2009, when Obama took office, the black poverty rate was 25.8 percent. As of 2014, according to Pew Research Center, the black poverty rate was 27.2 percent.

What about income? CNNMoney says, "Minority households' median income fell 9 percent between 2010 and 2013, compared to a drop of only 1 percent for whites." The Financial Times wrote last October: "Since 2009, median non-white household income has dropped by almost a 10th to $33,000 a year, according to the U.S. Federal Reserve's survey of consumer finances. As a whole, median incomes fell by 5 percent. But by the more telling measure of net wealth -- assets minus liabilities -- the numbers offer a more troubling story."

What about net worth and the black-white "wealth gap"? The Financial Times said: "The median non-white family today has a net worth of just $18,100 -- almost a fifth lower than it was when Mr. Obama took office. White median wealth, on the other hand, has inched up by 1 percent to $142,000. In 2009, white households were seven times richer than their black counterparts. That gap is now eightfold. Both in relative and absolute terms, blacks are doing worse under Mr. Obama." Remember, these numbers apply to all "non-whites." For blacks, it's worse.

Hillary would do the same thing for women, that Obama has done for blacks. Think about it.

Says the Klown who "believes in" myths and fairy tales. Hint the Randian BS should be outgrown by about 25 Bubs

You just showed how little you know about anything. You made a feeble attempt to attack my character, but couldn't seem to address the issue of how little Obama has done for blacks.

I love seeing just how desperate you people on the left are. Little ankle-biting dogs with lots of bark, but no bite. :biggrin:

Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

Really? I doubt the validity of your little chart and even more, of anything I've read of your posts. Here is another chart labeled "Bureau of Labor Statistics", that shows just the opposite....

1.jpg

Have you eyeballed a calendar lately, Hondo?

While you were clinging to back issues of RedState, time continued to pass....

then take a look at the bottom of my exhibit.....see the source clearly indicated?

Do you have any idea what FRED is?

(No...not Betty's spouse......it is the data base maintained by the Federal Reserve of St. Louis.....)

You know you Rand Cultists are about the most ignorant bunch of f*cksticks shuffling - right?

Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

1.jpg

then take a look at the bottom of my exhibit.....see the source clearly indicated?

(No...not Betty's spouse......it is the data base maintained by the Federal Reserve of St. Louis.....)

You know you Rand Cultists are about the most ignorant bunch of f*cksticks shuffling - right?

Childish name-calling won't change the fact that your appointed black leaders have thrown you under the bus. Unless you happen to be a Wall Street executive, your black lives are worth less under Obama, than they was before he was elected. And still, you'd vote for another shithead Democrat, wouldn't you?

Remember the definition of "insanity"? Doing the same this over and over, and over, while expecting different result. Think about it.

Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

1.jpg

In addition to that, under the Obama administration, the BLS changed the way they calculated their statistics. Those black people who have simply given up looking for work, are not included. How's that feel to be excluded even by your own "Hope & Change" government? You should be pissed.

In addition to that, under the Obama administration, the BLS changed the way they calculated their statistics.

Really? Are you really going to try to run that game?

OK......show me your link........

If you can't, you promise to disembowel yourself with a spork...

Deal?

Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

1.jpg

lol, too funny Bubba, more right wing crap, 20011? lol

E-16. Unemployment rates by age, sex, race, and Hispanic or Latino ethnicity

Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

1.jpg

Childish name-calling won't change the fact that your appointed black leaders have thrown you under the bus. Unless you happen to be a Wall Street executive, your black lives are worth less under Obama, than they was before he was elected. And still, you'd vote for another shithead Democrat, wouldn't you?

Remember the definition of "insanity"? Doing the same this over and over, and over, while expecting different result. Think about it.

I'm a Republican, imbecile........I've been in exile since the Party surrendered to Stupid....

I've never voted for a POTUS who bequeathed larger deficits to his successor than those he inherited...

You?

So who is the cretin?

Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

1.jpg

In addition to that, under the Obama administration, the BLS changed the way they calculated their statistics.

Deal?

You do

Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

1.jpg

I'm a Republican, imbecile........I've been in exile since the Party surrendered to Stupid....

I've never voted for a POTUS who bequeathed larger deficits to his successor than those he inherited...

You?

So who is the cretin?

So you're saying that you didn't vote for Obama, in 2008 or 2012?

Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

1.jpg

Deal?

You do
Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

1.jpg

You?

So who is the cretin?

I don't see a link....

and yes...I not only voted for him, I worked for his re-election in 2012....

Do you have any idea what the deficit was in FY 2009?

Have any idea what they are projecting for FY 2015?

Do you understand the Ordinal Property of Numbers?

Now why don't you hie your a** out of here before I get The Priest.....and I ain't talking about that dude in the cassock responsible for your sexual awakening....

Then you are nothing more than a liar.

"I'm a Republican, imbecile........I've been in exile since the Party surrendered to Stupid....

I've never voted for a POTUS who bequeathed larger deficits to his successor than those he inherited..."

Thanks for proving yourself as such. From this day on, you shall be known as "Slim the Liar". Enjoy your new moniker.

Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

1.jpg

Deal?

You do
Bite down on this....

fredgraph.jpg

1.jpg

You?

So who is the cretin?

DUBYA'S FINAL F/Y DEFICIT:

January 8, 2009 (12 DAYS PRE OBAMA)

The nation's budget deficit will soar to an unprecedented $1.2 trillion this year, congressional budget analysts said yesterday

Ballooning Deficit Could Temper Support for Obama's Spending Plans

LOL

"I'm a Republican, imbecile........I've been in exile since the Party surrendered to Stupid....

I've never voted for a POTUS who bequeathed larger deficits to his successor than those he inherited..."

Thanks for proving yourself as such. From this day on, you shall be known as "Slim the Liar". Enjoy your new moniker.

You came back without the link?

Wouldn't that make YOU the liar?

I voted for Clinton and Obama....

Let's go to the numbers (apparently you will be seeing them for the first time)...

fredgraph.jpg

Will you be needing help reading this, JohnBoy?

Let's go to the numbers (apparently you will be seeing them for the first time)...

fredgraph.jpg

Excuse me? What's that?

Oh, I'm sorry. I don't respond to liars.

"I've never voted for a POTUS who bequeathed larger deficits to his successor than those he inherited..."

READING COMPREHENSION ISSUES DUMMY?

January 8, 2009

The nation's budget deficit will soar to an unprecedented $1.2 trillion this year (DUBYA'S FINAL FISCAL YEAR) , congressional budget analysts said yesterday

fredgraph.jpg

Excuse me? What's that?

You lied about a change in the Unemployment statistics, and you lied when calling me a liar, Slizzy....I guess since you just responded, you are acknowledging that you lied and that I am not a liar.....or you are lying....again

Now run back to the Daily Caller where your ignorance is indulged....

"I've never voted for a POTUS who bequeathed larger deficits to his successor than those he inherited..."

January 8, 2009

The nation's budget deficit will soar to an unprecedented $1.2 trillion this year (DUBYA'S FINAL FISCAL YEAR) , congressional budget analysts said yesterday

fredgraph.jpg

Excuse me? What's that?

You lied about a change in the Unemployment statistics, and you lied when calling me a liar, Slizzy....I guess since you just responded, you are acknowledging that you lied and that I am not a liar.....or you are lying....again

You're still a liar....

"I voted for Clinton and Obama....

and yes...I not only voted for him, I worked for his re-election in 2012...."

January 8, 2009

fredgraph.jpg

Excuse me? What's that?

You're still a liar....

Now show me the lie, Slizzy.....

In 1976, I walked around my campus trying to muster votes for Gerald Ford......when the party decided to nominate a dotard, and former 2nd banana to a monkey, I bailed......

I will return when the GOP comes to its senses and purges the idiots from its ranks....

January 8, 2009

fredgraph.jpg

Excuse me? What's that?

You're still a liar....

"I voted for Clinton and Obama....

and yes...I not only voted for him, I worked for his re-election in 2012...."

Wow Bubba, YOU really are SIMPLE MINDED

this WAS THE POSIT:

in other WORDS, THE NEXT GUY. Like Reagan MORE THAN TRIPLING the deficit he received from Carter? Or Dubya taking SURPLUSES and leaving a $1.2+ trillion deficit to Obama? What will Obama leave for the next Prez, Maddam Prez? lol

GET IT BUBBA? THE NEXT GUY!

Forum List

Back