Unconstitutional: N Y to Check Social Media of Gun Buyers.

Fourth Amendment, right up front.

Not sure of the laws in New York. Can cities override state law? In Virginia, they cannot.

Gun purchasers may need to submit social media history under proposed New York legislation

Yeah, this ignores multiple amendments. At first I thought, so they are going to look at your social media accounts, which would violate the 2nd, but not so much the 4th. Then I read the part about 3 years worth of search engine history and then realized where the 4th came in. Not to mention who does not clear their history on a regular basis?

No Tucker the Dems are not going to disarm the population. What a hoot. And not its not repealing the 2nd Amendment.

Tucker and Fox are so absurd.
:abgg2q.jpg:

No Tucker the Dems are not going to disarm the population. What a hoot. And not its not repealing the 2nd Amendment.

/-----/ gun control works.jpg

Not sure of the laws in New York. Can cities override state law? In Virginia, they cannot.

Gun purchasers may need to submit social media history under proposed New York legislation

Yeah, this ignores multiple amendments. At first I thought, so they are going to look at your social media accounts, which would violate the 2nd, but not so much the 4th. Then I read the part about 3 years worth of search engine history and then realized where the 4th came in. Not to mention who does not clear their history on a regular basis?
Social media is public, so where is the violation? It could have stopped some of our mass killers, couldn't it? Who had clear threats and "red flags" on their social media accounts?

And what is this supposed to accomplish? Even if you post on Fakebook that illegals should be shot, that is not a crime and so therefore they have no grounds to deny you a gun purchase.
It is not a crime to say it, but why would anyone in their right mind say such trash? Does someone who says that deserve a gun? No.

And what is this supposed to accomplish? Even if you post on Fakebook that illegals should be shot, that is not a crime and so therefore they have no grounds to deny you a gun purchase.
It is not a crime to say it, but why would anyone in their right mind say such trash? Does someone who says that deserve a gun? No.
That is the issue. People can say stupid stuff, and it is not the governments place to define what stupid talk is or is not.

Owning a weapon is a right, not a privilege

-Geaux

Jews thought the same thing when Adolf Hitler came into power...And we know how well that ended.

holocaust.jpg

Hitler didn't disarm anyone who was pro Hitler and Trump is now trying to disarm the voice and reputation of those against him and throw them in jail.

Social media is public, so where is the violation? It could have stopped some of our mass killers, couldn't it? Who had clear threats and "red flags" on their social media accounts?

Social media might be public but my search engine history is not

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Their right and the Second backs them....and the First

That is the issue. People can say stupid stuff, and it is not the governments place to define what stupid talk is or is not.
Yet when that kid who shot up Parkland said "stupid stuff" on his social media, a lot of people called that a failure of the police and the system meant to protect us. You can't have it both ways. I realize there were more red flags than that, but a gun background check isn't going to be able to check that extensively into anyone's history--especially not juvenile history.
There have been example after example of people bragging and showing off their weapons on social media and spewing hate, threatening to kill. And then they did.

Yet when that kid who shot up Parkland said "stupid stuff" on his social media, a lot of people called that a failure of the police and the system meant to protect us. You can't have it both ways. I realize there were more red flags than that, but a gun background check isn't going to be able to check that extensively into anyone's history--especially not juvenile history.
There have been example after example of people bragging and showing off their weapons on social media and spewing hate, threatening to kill. And then they did.
Tad difference between the police talking to a minor who posts he wants to shoot up a school and denying Constitutional Rights to an adult over a perceived meme.

Old Lady has a point, after every mass shooting it seems that people are bashing the police for not putting together the pieces before hand.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back