Unbised News reporting

Cable News Ratings for November 3

8PM - P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
The O’Reilly Factor—4,647,000 viewers (1,339,000) (2,122,000)
Campbell Brown—1,441,000 viewers (709,000) (825,000)
Countdown w/Keith Olbermann- 2,653,000 viewers (1,176,000) (1,591,000)
Nancy Grace –1,082,000 viewers (393,000) (563,000)

9 PM - P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
Hannity & Colmes—3,758,000 viewers (1,079,000) (1,757,000)
Larry King Live—1,873,000 viewers (781,000) (978,000)
Rachel Maddow Show—2,012,000 viewers (745,000) (1,025,000)
On the Money—a scratch w/115,000 viewers (59,000) (66,000)
Lou Dobbs- 495,000 viewers (163,000) (263,000

I am sure O'Reilly and Hannity and Colmes are very nervous being almost double up on everyone

Cable News Nielsen TV Show Ratings for November 3, 2008
So then why do you care about the liberal media if double the people are watching conservative talk show hosts.

Did I mention a thing about the new President? I think not. Quit projecting your whines on me. The fact is the Press was telling us in 2000 Gore would win, in 2002 that the dems would win, in 2004 that Kerry would win. They bent over backwards in all those elections supporting OPENLY the democrats. Just as in this election.

They finally picked a winner.

Have you ever heard of the first amendment? It's called FREEDOM OF THE PRESS. If the press wants to write about Dubyah's shoe laces for 8 years, they can. If the press wants to write about Dubyah's neckties they can. Stop whining about the liberal media. This is the stupidest argument in the world. Who the hell gives a shit if they're biased? Fox News is biased, Wall Street Journal is biased, Rush Limbaugh is biased, Sean Hannity is biased. Where are your equal condemnations of them?

Grow a set and worry about issues that really matter instead of being a cry baby. You lost. Now be a man and move on.

So then why do you care about the liberal media if double the people are watching conservative talk show hosts.

Because you are comparing one outlet (fox) to every other media out there.

When you add up the rest it outweighs fox, this includes newspapers, blogs, and other media channels. There is no comparison

What a joke....the "liberal media."

FoxNews, Limbaugh, OReilly, talk radio, etc.....

If you can't discern the viewpoint of whatever media you are watching, you are an idiot.

And the Obama plan for that is to shut them down. The cover what percentage of the media? Never mind, Pravada via Democrats.

Have you ever heard of the first amendment? It's called FREEDOM OF THE PRESS. If the press wants to write about Dubyah's shoe laces for 8 years, they can. If the press wants to write about Dubyah's neckties they can. Stop whining about the liberal media. This is the stupidest argument in the world. Who the hell gives a shit if they're biased? Fox News is biased, Wall Street Journal is biased, Rush Limbaugh is biased, Sean Hannity is biased. Where are your equal condemnations of them?

Grow a set and worry about issues that really matter instead of being a cry baby. You lost. Now be a man and move on.

Ya except the New President plans to reintroduce the "Fairness Doctrine", you know that violates the 1st amendment you are crowing about right?

Further when our supposed unbiased news agencies are actually in the tank for someone that pretty much unfairly tilts the playing field. You remember they are SUPPOSED to report the news, not make it up or slant it for their guy?

I've already lost track of what this thread's actually supposed to be about. :confused:

My late brother, a conservative who worked for Fox news in the early 1990s, (and later as a producer for dateline), was fired by Fox news because of his refusal to compromise his professional ethics and become politicized. In fact Fox news 'cleaned house' back then to get rid of unbiased ethical employees.

That switch that Fox made from a normal unbiased and professional news organization to what it is today, was unprecendented in the media. It was absolutely political.

It has been since then that the myth of the liberal media was created.

In fact what 'liberal media' truly means is 'truthful media'.

It was so abvious that Fox had become politicized that they tried to counteract the criticisim by adopting the slogan 'Fair and unbiased'.

Didn't one of Hilter's henchmen once say:

"If you tell a lie long enough it becomes the truth".

That seems to be Fox new's true mode of operation.

Ya except the New President plans to reintroduce the "Fairness Doctrine", you know that violates the 1st amendment you are crowing about right?

Further when our supposed unbiased news agencies are actually in the tank for someone that pretty much unfairly tilts the playing field. You remember they are SUPPOSED to report the news, not make it up or slant it for their guy?

Reagan,Bush Sr,GWB, all won with the so called liberal biased media. McCain ran one of the worst campaign I have ever seen, it was a campaign of self destruction. changing policies weekly,palin's inablitiy to answer highschool questions,infighting, all gave the msm plenty of topics to discuss. Obama's campaign message from day one was "change" two year later his message was "change" no serious misteps near flawless execution is why he won. His temperment and judgement was proven superior over the unstable McCain.

So wait a minute... you're against the liberal media, and now you're against reporting news stories that don't show you both sides of the story. Are you trying to introduce the fairness doctrine all by yourself... 'cause you're doing a great job of contradicting yourself.

Further when our supposed unbiased news agencies

Unbiased news agencies? Who said they were unbiased? Do you see the words "completely unbiased" before the 6:30 news? Does the first amendment say "freedom of the unbiased press?" Seriously. You're attacking the media, which never says it's not biased, for being biased, then you're attacking a bill that would introduce two opinions to a news story which would neutralize bias. Are your meds interfering with your cognitive abilities?

You remember they are SUPPOSED to report the news, not make it up or slant it for their guy?

A: Show me where they actually exhibit bias
B: Show me where it says they're SUPPOSED to be unbiased

My late brother, a conservative who worked for Fox news in the early 1990s, (and later as a producer for dateline), was fired by Fox news because of his refusal to compromise his professional ethics and become politicized. In fact Fox news 'cleaned house' back then to get rid of unbiased ethical employees.

This would be interesting except that FoxNews didn't start until 1996 and didn't begin to exhibit bias until 2000.

:oops:

That switch that Fox made from a normal unbiased and professional news organization to what it is today, was unprecendented in the media. It was absolutely political.

It has been since then that the myth of the liberal media was created.

In fact what 'liberal media' truly means is 'truthful media'.

It was so abvious that Fox had become politicized that they tried to counteract the criticisim by adopting the slogan 'Fair and unbiased'.

Didn't one of Hilter's henchmen once say:

"If you tell a lie long enough it becomes the truth".

That seems to be Fox new's true mode of operation.

My brother's sister-in-law, twice removed was a speech writer for Al Gore. The ink in her pens kept drying up, due of course to global warming. Al, ever the wonderful person he is/was bought and gave her 2k black pens, red pens, waterproof schoo.

Forum List

Back